Do u consider barbs to be the strongest class?

2»

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    nope, the only WB soloable is that Soul Hunter outside dreamweaver, and u have to be a ranged class unless u wanna kill it using infinite Baestial Onslaught hits xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so that means we cant solo soul hunter unless we're a bowbarian? >.>
    edited June 2009
    we can probably solo it with a bowbarian build but u'll find surely find a few teams ks the wb xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    o i c...
    how long would it take to solo though?
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    Umeru - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    solo world bosses??? rly???

Yeah so far, charr and that ghoul thing (i forgot), fang, that other boss with 2 plants flower something (forgot name as well), and kunkun ofc (I thought I was going to get one shotted by a LVL 100 xD but my friend told me to try to kill it, turn out kunkun was too easy) b:shocked I just use link with humanoid and tiger skills. Used tiger form for defense, solid shield + tiger form = high DEF used a few potions and success
    nope, the only WB soloable is that Soul Hunter outside dreamweaver, and u have to be a ranged class unless u wanna kill it using infinite Baestial Onslaught hits xD

Barbs can solo, I wish I screenied the bosses I soloed so far b:surrender. I didn't know how to screenie that time
    so that means we cant solo soul hunter unless we're a bowbarian? >.>

LOL,

Honestly I thought all barbs can solo any world boss at their LVL b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
    edited June 2009
    dude we were talking about World Bosses, also know as level 150 bosses around the world that onehit noobs like u <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    LOL....... Charr, Farng, and Florafang aren't World Bosses...
    They r just one of those **** bosses that any heavy armor person can beat
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:shocked Everyone run! Its KunKun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LOL Umeru b:laugh b:laugh

World bosses are those big nasty orange named things with the "?" in the name. They have millions of HP and don't go down easy. Usually more than 1 squad of people.

You're talking about culti and quest bosses which generally are soloable. I say generally because there are those that can't be soloed at the level you get the quest. Try soloing the 40 culti bosses at that level. Or Kirrix or Suzerix at the level you get them. You'll find that you cant. Jewel is one I'd not want to try and solo (without a cleric) even today.

Kun-Kun is a boss thats really hard only for Wizards. Everyone with a physical attack can kill him easy, since he doesn't attack back.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • ChilledPanda - Dreamweaver
    ChilledPanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    OHNOES! LoL, Umeru, anyone can solo every culti/quest boss they get up until lvl 40 if your a barb. Once u hit 40 you get "The more difficult" culti bosses that are 10-15 lvls above you. Needless to say i had to get peeps to help me, i didnt even get off my manta ray b:surrender
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    dude we were talking about World Bosses, also know as level 150 bosses around the world that onehit noobs like u <_<

thats newbs dude, newbs xD and yeah them ones with level "[?]" one shot me and i got caught up in their AOE attack, b:surrender
    Its level 150 > LVL2x-3x obviously, but I saw faction members take down one, they were way higher than my LVL but lower than LVL100 (either really good gear or that boss easy around LVL150) But no one is LVL150 yet i belive... not even 110 maybe? But honestly, I can't (ofc anyone else below LVL60, unless its a GM) solo no boss (or even mobs that are LVL150) thats just suicide xD
    LOL....... Charr, Farng, and Florafang aren't World Bosses...
    They r just one of those **** bosses that any heavy armor person can beat

I was figuring everyone can do it XD
    LOL Umeru b:laugh b:laugh

World bosses are those big nasty orange named things with the "?" in the name. They have millions of HP and don't go down easy. Usually more than 1 squad of people.

You're talking about culti and quest bosses which generally are soloable. I say generally because there are those that can't be soloed at the level you get the quest. Try soloing the 40 culti bosses at that level. Or Kirrix or Suzerix at the level you get them. You'll find that you cant. Jewel is one I'd not want to try and solo (without a cleric) even today.

Kun-Kun is a boss thats really hard only for Wizards. Everyone with a physical attack can kill him easy, since he doesn't attack back.

Kirixx killed me with twice (spawn killed x.x) when i tried to fight it at LVL29, I kind of get timing skill on alacrity of the beast. I WILL GET MY REVENGE ON HIM!! b:angry, i was figuring culti quest bosses are so easy for anyone, I guess I am right XD
    Suzerix i never saw yet so can't say

But is anyone at least LVL110 yet? I never heard :/ I noticed when a big giant squad or 2 (probably 3 because idk what is the max amount of players in squads xD) were fighting sword tamer and it TOOK LONG I got 1 shotted in crossfire when i was on autopath XD (autopathing kills LOL), and only 2 barbs and a herc was in the frontlines to tank (a barb tanked) I just watched sit with a fox sitting on my back xD. So I definately believe you about millions of HP, there were a lot of clerics and glass cannons. I saw some DDs and 1 cleric got 1 shotted by sword tamer X_x. Yet sword tamer died after a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
  • ChilledPanda - Dreamweaver
    ChilledPanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    *Gets down on knees and Prays* God help me...

Im am almost certain that the highest level is 105 (Maximum) and yes there are already people who are lvl 105...

Not tryna be mean, but go to the beginners guide and read some guides... Jeez
    edited June 2009

Im am almost certain that the highest level is 105 (Maximum) and yes there are already people who are lvl 105...

yes the lvl cap is 105... for now, and the highest lvl ppl rite now r 101
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

I couldn't find anything about lvl cap being 105 unless I am reading too fast. Not worried about the levels though, I could of swear I only didn't read the mages/clerics guide because i hate being them xD. I think we are going off topic xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
  • _coragno_ - Sanctuary
    _coragno_ - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I thought that after the Age Of Spirits patch the lvl cap jumped to 150,
    was I lied to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nah, I know what I am doing
    -Famous last words from a dead freind of mine
    b:victory
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I consider Barbs the 2nd strongest class.

Nothing can PvE/PvP like a Veno.

But Barbs come in 2nd place for sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009

once you hit 90, venos wont be anything, even with bleed, it will only tickle a little bit b:chuckle
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    once you hit 90, venos wont be anything, even with bleed, it will only tickle a little bit b:chuckle

venos r easy when u get to lvl 90? WEWT!
    They r quite easy now cept for those w/ nixes...
    hercs phail at pvp... they're too slow
    edited June 2009
    venos r easy when u get to lvl 90? WEWT!
    They r quite easy now cept for those w/ nixes...
    hercs phail at pvp... they're too slow

and im talking about when ur gear is refined to full +6-+8.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I think the question goes who is the strongest in melee class hey even we Cleric can do a lot of damage to you Barbs.I find it tough question between a Barb or BM.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Dragonwerewo - Heavens Tear
    Dragonwerewo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i think barbs r the best cuz ur supposed to bring there str and vit up then they kick butt cuz the barb r supposed to have more hit str and more healthb:angryb:cryb:surrenderb

ps i like the smiles

PSS i just like saying pss

psss ill b:shutup now
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    i think barbs r the best cuz ur supposed to bring there str and vit up then they kick butt cuz the barb r supposed to have more hit str and more healthb:angryb:cryb:surrenderb

ps i like the smiles

PSS i just like saying pss

psss ill b:shutup now

They absorb damage well but don't enough as BM can and are good at aggro.
  • Axe_Fury - Harshlands
    Axe_Fury - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lets just say this. All classes are good and bad. All classes have it's advantage at things, and weaknesses. Nuff said.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    They absorb damage well but don't enough as BM can and are good at aggro.

yeah, there damage is horrible

but barbs have...

1. crit
    demon barbs have high crit. axe and hammer mastery gives 2% crit, shapeshifting intensity gives 2% crit, and sunder makes all attacks critical for 5 seconds

2. berserk
    berserk is a weapon add-on that makes you lose 5% of your hp(hurts) and deals double damage to your opponent(hurts even more). the chance of occurence is roughly over 15%

3.extreme poison+tree of protection+perdition
    win. guarenteed OHKO for light and arcane armours. extreme poison increases damage taken by the target by 20%, tree of protection increases hp by 60% coupled with demon inspiration=double hp, and perdition eats half of aaaall of that meat and deals 5000 dmg plus an addition 4 damage TIMES each and every SINGLE POINT of hp and mp to the target.

4.demon
    like i said, we get crit, a never-missing stun, and a temporary buff that absorbs our weakness, magic damage

5.genie
    tree of protection heals the 10k hp barb FULLY, and whirlwind keeps target in or out of range, and thunderstorm OBLITERATES heavy armour classes and enemy barbs, if you decide to fight them

'nuff said
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    ^Don't worry I have lvl 20 mule Barb I play around I found I did more dmge with my BM at that lvl but took more dmge.
  • M_O_F_O - Heavens Tear
    M_O_F_O - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I am ****! b:victoryb:victory
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    For the record: 30k HP

theyre talking about ticks, not full HP
    edited June 2009
    yeah, there damage is horrible

but barbs have...

1. crit
    demon barbs have high crit. axe and hammer mastery gives 2% crit, shapeshifting intensity gives 2% crit, and sunder makes all attacks critical for 5 seconds

2. berserk
    berserk is a weapon add-on that makes you lose 5% of your hp(hurts) and deals double damage to your opponent(hurts even more). the chance of occurence is roughly over 15%

3.extreme poison+tree of protection+perdition
    win. guarenteed OHKO for light and arcane armours. extreme poison increases damage taken by the target by 20%, tree of protection increases hp by 60% coupled with demon inspiration=double hp, and perdition eats half of aaaall of that meat and deals 5000 dmg plus an addition 4 damage TIMES each and every SINGLE POINT of hp and mp to the target.

4.demon
    like i said, we get crit, a never-missing stun, and a temporary buff that absorbs our weakness, magic damage

5.genie
    tree of protection heals the 10k hp barb FULLY, and whirlwind keeps target in or out of range, and thunderstorm OBLITERATES heavy armour classes and enemy barbs, if you decide to fight them

'nuff said

5% HP for a double damage might not always be the best way to go... especially against a bm. sometimes it ends up taking more damage from you than from the opponent.
    demon doesnt give a never-missing-stun either. its a never miss hit with a 60% chance to stun. please read the description again. so much for overcoming our weakness with that spell... it also reduces our speed by 50% making us even more kite-able
    you also make Perdition seem unstoppable.. however, it's reduced by pdef. not always the best choice since it will also tick your charm or pretty much **** you over if you decide to use it at the wrong time.
    genie is irrelevant here since anybody can use it..

barbs are a great class and i've enjoyed playing one, but i disagree about the OP
    I think its hard to call any one class OP

Once characters hit 90+ most any class becomes godly
    bm's with their good damage and stunlock
    barbs with their massive HP/survivability
    venos with their versatility
    archers with their amazing PK skills
    clerics with their healings/buffs/debuffs
    wizzies with their massive damage output

some classes have advantages over others, but then all classes also have their weaknesses. It all depends on your playing skill and strats against each class.
    edited June 2009
    5% HP for a double damage might not always be the best way to go... especially against a bm. sometimes it ends up taking more damage from you than from the opponent.
    demon doesnt give a never-missing-stun either. its a never miss hit with a 60% chance to stun.
    you also make Perdition seem unstoppable.. however, it's reduced by pdef. not always the best choice since it will also tick your charm or pretty much **** you over if you decide to use it at the wrong time.

Tree of Protection.. 60% ? its only 15% o
    please, once again, check skills. don't mislead people by making stuff up.

if you hit a zerk, and hurt urself worse than your opponent (even bm) at 90 you a) suck 2) have 25k hp in human form

tree ofprotection is 60% hp increase at level 10.

i crit 10.8k on a 90+ cleric with armageddon, no zerk, no debuffs, just a crit. with 9.2k hp at level 86 . at level 90 with 15-16k hp in human form, all arcane are virtually a one shot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    if you hit a zerk, and hurt urself worse than your opponent (even bm) at 90 you a) suck 2) have 25k hp in human form

tree ofprotection is 60% hp increase at level 10.

i crit 10.8k on a 90+ cleric with armageddon, no zerk, no debuffs, just a crit. with 9.2k hp at level 86 . at level 90 with 15-16k hp in human form, all arcane are virtually a one shot.

first off, a and 2 are different things. a is a letter. 2 is a number. just a heads up. second, you forgot something else: what if the person you're attacking has amazing pdef with their awesome equips ?
    take that into consideration ? im not putting zerk down. it works. i have calamities in the game, but i was just stating how the corn dude makes it seem that barbs are unstoppable and an OP class.
    o.O tree of protection supposedly only increases duration.. but either way, that was just a side-note. i dont take genie skills into consideration since anybody can use those skills.
    and uhm.... i stated nothing about crits, so i don't get what your point is

i'd love to see you 1 shot a non-fail wizard or cleric
    you should show me in game
    and by non-fail i mean a lvl 90 with refined at least +6 and sharded with good pdef or HP shards