Wizards

Options
Apocalypes - Harshlands
Apocalypes - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
It seems to me that most of the people on the forums are either complaining about wizards and their damage or how they are unbalanced. I'm getting more and more discouraged and I really feel like quitting my wizard and making something else before I spend too much time on my wizard. Should I?
Post edited by Apocalypes - Harshlands on

Comments

• Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It seems to me that most of the people on the forums are either complaining about wizards and their damage or how they are unbalanced. I'm getting more and more discouraged and I really feel like quitting my wizard and making something else before I spend too much time on my wizard. Should I?

With that attitude probably. If you do not believe your class will be any good you will continually see the faults of the class, and never how awesome you are. I have played veno, BM, and wiz, and of those three wiz is by far my favorite, not only because I love showing people how things they think suck don't, but because it is actually a challenge sometimes. I could never play another class again, simply because to me they are too boring.

Just keep in mind one thing: People are stupid. Alot of those people who say wizards suck either don't have enough skill, or have had bad experiances with other idiots, thus making them think their class sucks. Don't buy into the propaganda, make your own decisions. If by say lvl 39 you think wizards suck, reroll another class, it doesn't really take long to get to 39, and you really don't have to buy any cash shop stuff to make it work.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Totally agree with Coldflash.

To be perfectly honest I really don't see the Underpowered side of the Wizard class. Only time I ever really felt weak was before I got the hang of really playing it.

This isn't a straight-foward class, you need to learn to experiment with macros, learn to kite enemies and study enemies so you're able to kill them without a scratch. PvE we are strong, skilled and very efficient. Also the rarity of this class post lvl50 does give me a feeling of achievement. This class really kicks into gear at level 60, once you have your ultimate skills and your Ancient Arbor things really get fun. I can take down mobs 5 levels above me without being touched.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have issues with repeating myself...so...

Please read.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well Me I am always a mage in any game. The Arcane arts are my passion and I can never imagine playing another class. So yes it is all aboiut preference really. I would consider a Veno but i would rather rely on my own power than hiding behind a pet. I would also consider a Cleric but I want to be attack not support and why would I make a full attack cleric if I could go a mage that has a wider variety of attack spells.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yes, i think (just my think) wizard difficult to play and suck.
    one of my friend said to me i m a fail wizard cause i don't know how to control my class. yes, may be he is right.
    may be wizard doesn't suck.
    and i started some wizard suck thread.
    to be honest i have a cleric lvl 12 but i like the wizard class more.
    playing cleric is kinda boring for me.
    that's why i got that lvl so far with wizard class b:victory
    there is no way to play any other class for me but wizard.
    i got two shorted yesterday when i chenneling my Black dragon in a duel, i still love that skill(beautiful spell , he he)b:dirty
    lol, i don't know why i love to play wizard even i think it's suck.b:chuckle
    well, anyway i still prefer to make my wizard class more better and give some strength (wizard improve patch)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i love my wiz you just gotta know how to use a wiz and u wont suck :)
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yes, i think (just my think) wizard difficult to play and suck.
    one of my friend said to me i m a fail wizard cause i don't know how to control my class. yes, may be he is right.
    may be wizard doesn't suck.
    and i started some wizard suck thread.
    to be honest i have a cleric lvl 12 but i like the wizard class more.
    playing cleric is kinda boring for me.
    that's why i got that lvl so far with wizard class b:victory
    there is no way to play any other class for me but wizard.
    i got two shorted yesterday when i chenneling my Black dragon in a duel, i still love that skill(beautiful spell , he he)b:dirty
    lol, i don't know why i love to play wizard even i think it's suck.b:chuckle
    well, anyway i still prefer to make my wizard class more better and give some strength (wizard improve patch)

wizards get alot better once thet get thier tt60 wepon =D
  • DukesCleric - Sanctuary
    DukesCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i always thought that wizards were the most powerful? and also i need a good build for a wiz
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hey, don't by any means believe wizards are underpowered simply because of a few words. Sure, I've said a lot about how BMs are difficult for a wizard to fight, but I've focused on 1 on 1 fights.
    Wizards do NOT excel in 1 on 1 fights.
    But, this will definitely make you feel better:

We are absolutely awesome in group pvp, and territory wars.
  • DukesCleric - Sanctuary
    DukesCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:victoryim not basing what i said off of wat people say i am basing it off my wiz characters.
  • Calurinos - Sanctuary
    Calurinos - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm mainly playing Wizard because I'm always partial to spell-casting classes. I'm not for melee or archer types. The important thing is that you enjoy playing your character, don't let what others say get you down.

I've questioned my class choice more than once before, but I stuck to it, and at the moment I'm loving this class, and I don't see myself ever playing any other class. In my opinion, if you invest in good equipment AND love slinging spells, this class rocks. ;)

Wizards ftw!~

Hope this helps you.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    We are absolutely awesome in group pvp, and territory wars.
    In TW if u want to have a good def, u need to have wizards. Absolutely no other char can take out a cata-puller as fast as a wizz can do ( sutra FTW). With a veno that can spark up a wizz and some chi pots, you'll bring doom to anything that comes close to your castle/crystal.
    I've said somewhere on this thread, on one TW we were 3 wizzies 3 archers in a strike squad. The dmg output was absolutely insane. Assist attk is your friend in these squads, we were all on vent and were asking for support before the first shot, and honestly, we killed so much and so fast that sometimes I couldn't get a gush out of my hand before the HP of the attacked player just vanished.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ya i back up ursa
    in TW wizards own!
    guess who just got his ultimate spells b:victory
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • blademaster661
    blademaster661 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    dont listen to dicks that are weak and messed up there builds have fun with wiz and no its not a waste of time it gets really fun hint max the 3 elemnets fire earth water then youll be able to do better my comboe suggestion is shield agaisnt wat ever type the ndiving pryrogram gush stone rain and if not dead yet another gush dont worry about peeps that talk **** youll only know by expereince so you tell me is mage fun?
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    whatever people say, the wizards are all around good group of casters. i have a friend who completed her fb19 thx to me and a friend. and she loves the class, i showed her this sight and some vids, and right off the bat she chose the wiz's, and she loves the class. and so do i, i love the array of elements u can cast, wiz's are unique in this game, wiz's cast earth, water, fire; venos mainly cast wood, becuase even a fire move adds wood dmg, then they cast fire and water; cleric even though i love them only use metal attacks. but wiz's rule at taking down lots of element mobs, and have wider arrange of mobs to grind on
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • XX_Zoro_Xx - Dreamweaver
    XX_Zoro_Xx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Those who think wizard are suck are really ridicules u guys think wizard sucks cauz u dont know how to use it. we are the most pwoerful damage dealer in the game ya i knowthat at starting lvl wizards have some problem but on later lvl we are invincible. we are most rare class in game cauz we are hard to lvl up other classes are easy o lvl up thats why people say wizard sucks. explore ur skills and combos and no one can even touch us.
  • JEEbez - Dreamweaver
    JEEbez - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wizards = Cannons
    High Fire Power
    But low survivability
    A cannon is only as good as the person operating it.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wizards = Cannons
    High Fire Power
    But low survivability
    A cannon is only as good as the person operating it.

nice one jeebez
    we had some good duels the other day b:chuckle too bad your BT couldnt one shot me b:victory
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So far I have played every class except Archer, and Wizard is by far my favorite. Each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. For wizard, our weakness is low HP bar. But guess what? Archer and Cleric share this weakness with us, and we have the extra defense of Stone Barrier, which gives us a lovely, long Physical Defense boost (Especially for Light Armor Wizards <3). People also complain about the long cast time, but from playing other classes, I end up missing my Wizard skills. The cooldown times and lack of MP regen for the melee classes can get painful for me. I can flow through my Wizard skillset easily, I can move fluidly from one attack to the next, then back to the beginning again without stop. But I don't need too because one sweep through and the mob is usually dead XD On my melee class characters, I reach the end of the skills and I'm still waiting for the cooldown time to finish on the first one. So I have to just do a regular attack :p It's annoying and inefficient, two to three sweeps through the full skillset is required to kill things with my Barb and BM ;_;

What I've found really odd is that I rarely need to use HP pots on my wizard. I don't need to use MP pots either. But my Barbarian eats up MP pots like he's starving. Yes, I can go full tilt against the mobs with my barbarian and not have to worry. When i have to pace myself with him, it's to conserve his MP bar, not out of concern for his life. I don't have to pace my wizard at all. I can just grind at a steady pace. And kill things in fewer attacks than ANY of my other characters.

My experience:
    Wizard kills fastest PvE out of all classes I've tried, about even with Venomancer.
    Wizard has more skill options which = more fun and customizeability.
    Wizard lets you worry less about MP drain.
    Wizard doesn't need to worry about HP drain with LA and Life Powder.

So I ask you. If I kill most things easily, rarely get hurt worth noticing, and have some of the lowest repair & pot costs in the game.... how is my class underpowered? Plus it is FUNNNN.

The only drawback is in PvP when a higher level sneaks up on me and gets some shots in. But it's more my own fault when I die than the fact I'm a wizard - I need to improve my evasive and retaliatory skills. And in TW PvP I'll have a vital role. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    And in TW PvP I'll have a vital role. :)

you can join Equinox, 65+ wiz b:chuckle
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you can join Equinox, 65+ wiz b:chuckle

Might be a little difficult since I'm on Harshlands and already belong to Enraged ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Rezsonate - Heavens Tear
    Rezsonate - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've played every single class. BORED TO DEATH (except BMs, they arent that boring :D). to me, wizard is the class with the most fun. plus, I cant wait to lvl up my LA wiz >=D
    Dang!...I just lost my train of thought...