Is'nt Zen A Stupid Idea ?

Adannedhel - Sanctuary
Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
IT MAKES NO SENSE! why cant we just buy stuff at the boutiqe with our characters mony! instead of going to the and....BUYING ITb:angryb:victoryb:puzzled
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
Post edited by Adannedhel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well you could buy the boutique items from other players with ingame coins.

But a F2p game has to make it money somehow right? Otherwise it wouldnt survive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Well you could buy the boutique items from other players with ingame coins.

But a F2p game has to make it money somehow right? Otherwise it wouldnt survive

I guess sob:sadb:sadb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I guess sob:sadb:sadb:cry

You can always buy gold ingame with coins through the auction house.
    But id suggest just saving up coins from sellign DQ items to people and buying what you need to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PWI is a business
    Be happy the entire game isn't pay to play.
    b:bye
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    PWI is a business

b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Silmarillion
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PWI is a business

*Is very happy* b:pleased

I'd wager that if PWI went p2p, there'd still be a lot of players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    agreed dude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Silmarillion
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Whatever makes it so i dont have to pay im ok with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PWI is a business

hai Jes :D
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    *Is very happy* b:pleased

*Is also very happy*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Think about it this way. Mounts start becoming available at level 20. While a level 20 *can* save 1m-4m coins for a mount... when was the last time you saw one? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    IT MAKES NO SENSE! why cant we just buy stuff at the boutiqe with our characters mony! instead of going to the and....BUYING ITb:angryb:victoryb:puzzled

It's a free to play game. You have never played any before? b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009

lets look at it from a diferent angle litle Adannedhel..gona write a example below

lets say ur wery good with programing and stuff with games so u say "hey why wouldnt i make a game :D?" so u do and work hard for days hours ewen years, litle detail by detail working slowly but its still just a litle project.So u decide hey why not make it a MMO which u do and after all the hard backbreaking work u put into it u MUST decide if it will be free or pay to play.

pw went both ways it has stuff u can buy with real-life money or u can u can buy them off other players(like in my case)b:cute

Sanctuarys gold price is about....110k-120k
    the priceof boutique clothes waries on the colour
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The world is pay to play. If PWI was completely free in all aspects then it would not exist, because it takes a lot of people to present such a polished product, and those people have bills to pay :D
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Are you SERIOUS!!! Bills? pfft.. !!! LOL!! I like the way you put it as a "polished" product. I think that nails it pretty much. Its not perfect but its all shiny and prettiful.

Then again, I'm wondering if your "spoons" are polished! :)

Seriously tho, honestly this question has no baring whatsoever. You CAN buy things from the boutique with ingame money. You just have to buy the gold to do so out of the auction house. :)
    The world is pay to play. If PWI was completely free in all aspects then it would not exist, because it takes a lot of people to present such a polished product, and those people have bills to pay :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have a phoenix, hercules, maxed Skymanta Shade, Nienbeast, fashions, hp charms lots of dragon orbs etc. All of that is from the cash shop and all of it I spent a total of ZERO real dollars on.

I don't see what your complaint is.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Are you SERIOUS!!! Bills? pfft.. !!! LOL!! I like the way you put it as a "polished" product. I think that nails it pretty much. Its not perfect but its all shiny and prettiful.

Then again, I'm wondering if your "spoons" are polished! :)

Seriously tho, honestly this question has no baring whatsoever. You CAN buy things from the boutique with ingame money. You just have to buy the gold to do so out of the auction house. :)

You have a great point, one of the reasons I love PWi is because I don't necessarily HAVE to pay. As for my spoons, see for yourself

strainingspoongold.jpg
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You have a great point, one of the reasons I love PWi is because I don't necessarily HAVE to pay. As for my spoons, see for yourself

strainingspoongold.jpg

That is because you get paid to play it..... Although I have sure you are glad that they HAVE to pay you.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    How do you eat soup with a spoon full of holes?

One of my favorite aspects as far as the cash shop in PWI is that they made it extremely easy and safe to purchase gold ingame that you can spend on whatever you want. It's much more reliable than other systems I could imagine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009

One of my favorite aspects as far as the cash shop in PWI is that they made it extremely easy and safe to purchase gold ingame that you can spend on whatever you want. It's much more reliable than other systems I could imagine.

That is by far what impressed me the most about this game when I started. It is so much safer to purchase gold that way.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well he didn't say he ate soup with spoons, just that he ate with spoons. Altho I don't see how chinese ppl eat rice with chop sticks either. *shrugs*

And yes the game I played before this, we wasn't allowed to trade boutique items in game at all. You got what u paid for and it was all yours. So not only can u ingame trade items but money as well? As far as I'm concerned this game is top notch in this area.

strainingspoongold.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009

Make sure its stew and not soup. Some nice thick stew. Or, uhhhh, some cereal?

Ontopic: there are so many games with a fundamental flaw in their cash shop philosophy, this one was refreshingly different.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    strainingspoongold.jpg

o.o u polish them in work too? (they have some holesb:embarrassu polish them tooo much)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    o.o u polish them in work too? (they have some holesb:embarrassu polish them tooo much)

They have holes because I'm so baller that I make myself take extra time eating just so I can use a golden spoon. (just kidding, I probably couldn't afford that spoon)