I need some help and some answers

_Krue_ - Heavens Tear
_Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Well i'm Krue, and i love being an archer. Infact in most games I have ever played, I always become an archer. I just simply love bows.

The thing that has me all flamed up is the fact that we do half damage up close. In fact it bothers me so much that I've considered quitting my archer, and making a mage. What kind of logic points that a shot from a bow/crossbow/slingshot at point blank range would do half as much damage? I would say that it would do DOUBLE DAMAGE, or just normal damage.

My help; I need motivation to continue on my archer

My question; Will this half damage **** ever change?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
Post edited by _Krue_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    later on close-range half damage will become a minor non-issue.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well i'm Krue, and i love being an archer. Infact in most games I have ever played, I always become an archer. I just simply love bows.

The thing that has me all flamed up is the fact that we do half damage up close. In fact it bothers me so much that I've considered quitting my archer, and making a mage. What kind of logic points that a shot from a bow/crossbow/slingshot at point blank range would do half as much damage? I would say that it would do DOUBLE DAMAGE, or just normal damage.

My help; I need motivation to continue on my archer

My question; Will this half damage **** ever change?

No half damage up close will not change. Half damage isnt that big of a deal later on because u can string certain skills that have no 1/2 damage penalty. Example skills are winged pledge, wingspan, lightning strike, thunderous blast, and thunder shock. Example of a pvp combo when a arcane mage thinks hes safe up close winged pledge, wingspan, winged pledge. You have skills that will buy you time to get some or keep ur distance such as aimlow and stunning arrow. There is no reason for u to quit ur archer unless you want to.
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the half damage at close range isn't really gonna be an issue at all from 50 (if i remembered right).

at that stage, you will kill your mobs before they get to you will a simple frost arrow to start off and knockback when they get a little close.

if, however, the odd does strike, you can always pull off your metal skills and wingspan and winged pledge, which do full damage at any range to finish off your mob. this will, however, be quite rare
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if this thread will be as epic as the previous ones on the same topic >.>

Anyway, it does kind of make sense, how realistic is it to be shooting unheeded with an enemy all up in your face with whatever it is they do?

No it won't change, it's not that big a deal though.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Especially when you get frost arrow + knockback, you should be be able kill the majority of mobs before they even get to you (or at least come close).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Especially when you get frost arrow + knockback, you should be be able kill the majority of mobs before they even get to you (or at least come close).

The OP is lvl 46 he has frost and knockback already.......
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    guys, you get in your 20s (i think), and i'm pretty much certain you get knockback in your late 20s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    guys, you get in your 20s (i think), and i'm pretty much certain you get knockback in your late 20s

you get it at 19
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • Akah - Harshlands
    Akah - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    later on close-range half damage will become a minor non-issue.

b:victory As Fleuri has said once your higher Lv. it wont really effect your game play that much, even in PvP when BM's and Barbs get close you have enough skills at your disposal that things shouldn't be a problem, just stick with it ^^

/Akah
  • f22araptor
    f22araptor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    all metal attacks have not this, and if they come to close ->knockback arrow, or u can run back and snipe them out. Barrages of arrow is cool too with a mp charm, it dont have this 1/2 dmg thing