Does Evasion make a difference at end game pvp?

Options
Prediction - Lost City
Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Well half the classes can't miss

other archers don't miss that much

blademasters and barbarians get those misty rings

so what is evasion good for? just for physical mobs and they really never get close to you unless you get mobbed and you can just fly up, cast winged shell, or wings of grace when that happens

i'm not saying archers suck, i really enjoy playing one, but i just wondered what evasion was for at end game pvp
FPW > PWI b:victory
Post edited by Prediction - Lost City on

Comments

• Aicha - Sanctuary
    Aicha - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    same question here...
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    NO b:cry

(10 char)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I feel misty rings do not help most axe blademasters and barbarians against people with good evasion armor and buffs. They should instead be using apothecaries and their automatic hit skills. (But I think automatic hit skills are somewhat overpowered -- to balance things out, archers should get an automatic hit skill and venos, clerics and wizards should get an uninteruptable skill. Venos should also get something for fox form -- probably an automatic hit skill.)

When I was fighting Sarendena, I missed a lot and my accuracy was something like 2.6k. Sarendena had a misty ring and was missing me sometimes, also. (But I still died in something like two or three hits.) Now imagine someone with less than a thousand accuracy with gear, and two misty rings...

But misty rings would help people with a high dex (archers and sword or fist blademasters) hit people with high evasion.
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    misty forest rings only really work if you have a high enough base accuracy to start with. since more barbs and bms(axe at least) are high vit, low dex build, the ring really won't benefit them all that much.

as for archers using misty, it has been said before in other threads that an archer with TWO misty forest rings will have a very small accuracy increase. (probably from 98% chance of hitting to 99%).

from what i can gather, evasion really isn't worth it. now lets thing about it:
    archer's main targets are robe classes: your clerics, wizards and venos. with these classes, they don't miss anyway, so the evasion is plane useless.

you may, at times, pick on a bm with your metal combo. in this case, they will most probably gonna die before they reach you.
    if they did reach you, however, the evasion will buy you a bit of time to cast shell and fly away. it will work at times and it will fail at other times.

a personal experience: when i was in the 60s, i got hit by a lvl 8X axe bm. he attempted to stun me with drake bash, but he missed. then he tried some other skills, but missed as well. well this was happening, i got a chance to put up shell and started to run away and casted a few metal skills. until he pull off lion roar and killed me in 3 hits i think.

so, the evasion can help you at times
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I feel misty rings do not help most axe blademasters and barbarians against people with good evasion armor and buffs. They should instead be using apothecaries and their automatic hit skills. (But I think automatic hit skills are somewhat overpowered -- to balance things out, archers should get an automatic hit skill and venos, clerics and wizards should get an uninteruptable skill. Venos should also get something for fox form -- probably an automatic hit skill.)

When I was fighting Sarendena, I missed a lot and my accuracy was something like 2.6k. Sarendena had a misty ring and was missing me sometimes, also. (But I still died in something like two or three hits.) Now imagine someone with less than a thousand accuracy with gear, and two misty rings...

But misty rings would help people with a high dex (archers and sword or fist blademasters) hit people with high evasion.
    well most bm, even axe, restat to dex build later on
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I got attacked by a 7x bm when i was 33 and he missed me twice =)
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options

well yeah i guess, Schism on harshlands attacked me when i was 32, he did 800 with drake bash and missed during the whole stun time, then he finished me off with a zerk crit b:sad

but still...800 with drake bash? come on he's 8x he should do at least 1.5k on a lvl 32 who has like 500 defense
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No it doesnt effect end-game pvp. I barely ever notice people missing me and i have over 4k evasion. Get physical defense and hp not evasion
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No it doesnt effect end-game pvp. I barely ever notice people missing me and i have over 4k evasion. Get physical defense and hp not evasion

i wouldn't be stupid enough to put evasion shards in my armor since i know it doesn't matter
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

lol I had that happen as well, I had just turned 30, some BM dropped out of the sky Heaven's Flame misses, Aeolian Blade misses.... while I hopped on my wings and flew away loling.

They don't always miss though, unfortunately ;)