Mana pool and Barrage of Arrows

Options
Lunnark - Sanctuary
Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Hey guys,

I have one question for some of you to answer.
If i restate my Magic to 3 is my mana pool strong enough so I can still do zhen without a problem? I mean, I have read somewhere on the forums that a very low magic can make barrage of arrows (lev 1 of course) to break your SP charm after a few minutes and you have to start again. Is this true after all ? I mean is there a minimum number of magic points I need to have in order to start barrage of arrows and keep it going until charm is depleted ?

What is you opinion on this ? ( do you use apots or some other help if you feel the charm is breaking and so on.. )

Thanks !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lunnark - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have not tried this but from my observation, it will still be possible for you to keep barrage lvl 1 going without breaking.

the reason for this is:
    my mag is on 5 (1617 mp atm) and when i put up barrage of arrow lvl1, my mp will only be down to about half during charm tick.

archers gain 32 mp per mag, so you'll loose 64 mp after restat. this will only cause your mp to go a little bit lower before you charm tick again.

this is only the theory though as i have not done this and don't know people that have done this
  • Default - Harshlands
    Default - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've zhened from 60 to 80 w/o doing any grinding/questing, just pure zhen. what you need to do is to get mp helm with some mp mods, or just socket it with +mp shards and you'll be fine.

I remember @ lvl 60 i couldnt zhen cos my mana pool was too low and after geting an mp helm it was fine.

Peace.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    From what I've heard, 1600 is the recommended minimum for level 1 Barrage.
    (you shouldnt be taking it past level 1 either)

But yeah, 3 base magic shouldnt be a problem at all, hit up a MP helm and whatever else to break that 1600.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thank you all for each reply.
    So the general consensus is 1600 MP. This is what I was aiming to find out.
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i lvled my barrage to 3 for zhen but the mp drain was fine with charm...recently leveled it to 10 for rebirth and with 2.2k mp the mp drain is ok. but i am equipped with xbow, if i use the bow it mite drain the mp faster since the atk interval is faster. there were some instances where it randomly stops my barrage when i'm using a bow so...not sure.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Attack Inverval affects Barrage, Lady FallenAngelX?
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No it doesnt.

Your mana pool even with 3 magic will always be enough to sustain ur current level of zhen. Only time u wont have enough mana is if u get lvl 11.
    Heaven lvl 11 only stays open for about 1-2 minutes before closing and hell lvl 11 stays open for about 10 seconds. When i use zhen in TW i usually mp pot so it stays open
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i think it does becuz when i use the bow to barrage it stops but the xbow doesnt seem to do that D: mayb it was just me? b:shocked
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just wondering.

How fast do you go through a gold mp heiro when doing Zhen?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just wondering.

How fast do you go through a gold mp heiro when doing Zhen?
    Level 1 barrage eats an gold MP charm in about 1h 58 mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lvl 1 =432k/hour lvl 10=648k/hour mana
  • f22araptor
    f22araptor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have 19 magic, that is to much, isn't it ? i wanna buy a reset note and set it to 9, that must be fine or?
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i think it does becuz when i use the bow to barrage it stops but the xbow doesnt seem to do that D: mayb it was just me? b:shocked

Graphical Glitch. You're still shooting, just no mobs to shoot at.