Archer Equip Questions

Ijelle - Sanctuary
Ijelle - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Archer
Okay, I've seen the Weapon Progression guide, but I have a few questions about weapons, as well as armor.

1. Where do I get the "Sinister Bow" mold and/or how much is Sinister Shooter (on Sanctuary, obviously)

2. What pieces of armor (and any other equipment) should I look into LV40~50?

Right Now I'm using(LV38):

Battle Helm of Agility - Common Garnet Shard
Armor of the Hunter - Common Garnet + Common Citrine
Shinguards of the Hunter - Common Garnet + Common Citrine
Lion Heart Boots - +122 Phys Res, +246 Wood/Water/Metal, +1 Magic
Giant Crossbow - +3 STR +3 Magic
Red Cloud Necklace - +1% EXP, +68 Phys Resist, +3 STR
Cape of Faint Coldness - +66 EVA, Water+124
Lion Heart Bracers - Average Citrine + Common Citrine + Average Garnet
Belt of the Fallen Soul - +84 Phys Res, HP+40, MP+70, STR+4
---Seal of the Hunter(Rank Belt) - EVA+52, HP+40, DEX+1
Perfect Insignia - Phys ATK+17+11, HP+30
Recruit's Badge - Phys ATK+20

A few big things I'm wondering is how long exactly the "Hunter" armors last, and what can replace them.

I'm also wondering how long my 3-socket bracers would last, etc.

Trying to get an idea of how much money I need to make, really. :3
Post edited by Ijelle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I bought my Sinister Shooter, no refines and 1 socket, for 551,250 a while ago.

The Rank items will last you a while and replacing them will mostly depend on whether you can find something with better bonuses. Personally, I ditched the armor when I got a lucky Armor of the Barbarian Shaman mold off fb39.

For armors, just progress with the stuff you get from quests or you could try the Auction Hall or manufacturing them yourself.

From what I can see, you've wasted a huge load of shards on items that will be replaced pretty soon, for minimal bonuses.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Chowy - Lost City
    Chowy - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You put garnet shards in armor?
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    more accurately:

you put shards in your gear at that lvl?!
    and such high quality as well?!

to answer your question, just look in AH on light armor for +hp or +vit or +dex or +attack interval
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well, at least the poor guy hasn't yet +7'd a lvl 45 xbow.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    - The Armor of Barbarian Shaman can last you in the 40s and 50s, for PvE. I actually wore it in my 60s, as well.

- Sharding is not worth it until you are in the 60s or 70s. Previous to that, you will be leveling too quickly.

- When you do shard, use Citrine shards for armor, and Garnet shards for weapons.

- Because looking good is almost as important as killing things quickly, when you do shard, make sure you use at least two average Citrine Shards so you have a nice, elegant purple glow.

- Not that you are doing it, but Refining is not worth it until you are in the 60s or 70s.

- If you plan on using your Natural Elven Wings, then you should obtain something with MP Recovery.

- Shop ahead. The easiest way to find cheap gear is to shop ahead a few levels in the Auction House. This way, you have a substantial amount of time to find the best deal. Aside from the Armor of Barbarian Shaman, every piece of armor I wore below level 60 cost me 50k or less.
  • Ijelle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I'm a girl RL btw, ty. b:cute
    - The Armor of Barbarian Shaman can last you in the 40s and 50s, for PvE. I actually wore it in my 60s, as well.

- Sharding is not worth it until you are in the 60s or 70s. Previous to that, you will be leveling too quickly.

- When you do shard, use Citrine shards for armor, and Garnet shards for weapons.

- Because looking good is almost as important as killing things quickly, when you do shard, make sure you use at least two average Citrine Shards so you have a nice, elegant purple glow.

- Not that you are doing it, but Refining is not worth it until you are in the 60s or 70s.

- If you plan on using your Natural Elven Wings, then you should obtain something with MP Recovery.

- Shop ahead. The easiest way to find cheap gear is to shop ahead a few levels in the Auction House. This way, you have a substantial amount of time to find the best deal. Aside from the Armor of Barbarian Shaman, every piece of armor I wore below level 60 cost me 50k or less.

The reason I've been imbuing shards is because I'm...really squishy. Even when I have a Barb, BM, and/or Cleric with me, I usually die. From low total HP & low phys DEF. X-x Fighting way too many magic-using mobs, also. lol

As for what shards, I put Garnet shards & Citrine because, well, I need the Phys DEF & HP both pretty badly. X_x

And yar, I haven't been doing refining yet. >.> That at least I didn't see much of a point to yet.

Hmm, so Armor of the Barbarian Shaman... I'll have to look into getting that. I could make it if I had the mold. X_x Are any of the other mold armors for the 40 lvl range worth getting? Meaning, would they last a while?

I'm looking for armors that'll last me a long time, especially if they're going to be expensive. I hate getting something nice, only to find something superior a few levels later.
    edited June 2009
    There is no need to obtain any expensive armor, until you are in the 60s or 70s.
  • Ijelle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

There is no need to obtain any expensive armor, until you are in the 60s or 70s.

That's good news, thanks! lol
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dude, what's with the necro?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Dude, what's with the necro?

Why did you necro???
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Why did you necro???

Actually, I didn't. There was a post previous to mine of a male archer in his 2x's talking about his gear.

I'm... exceptionally curious as to why this was removed exactly.

Ah well. Next time, I will know to quote the post I necro, so that when it magically disappears I don't look like the culprit. =)

So, no, I didn't actually necro this thread. The person who did, however, seems to have had his post removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]