Just Curious...

Options
Kittennice - Heavens Tear
Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Is it possible for an archer to use fist/claw melee weapons if his/her arrows run out?

I noticed the high dex for the claws/fists and was just wondering.
The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
Having fun since lv1
5 more levels baby!
^_____^
{=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
Post edited by Kittennice - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yes it is possible if you choose so

but, you won't be able to use skills apart from wingspan and winged pledge
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The problem with really getting your money's worth out of fist/claws is this... even though their stat requirements make them look optimized for archers, melee damage is multiplied by strength, not dexterity... so while you can do... okay... you can't do much better than okay unless you have a very unconventional build.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Haven_fear - Heavens Tear
    Haven_fear - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The problem with really getting your money's worth out of fist/claws is this... even though their stat requirements make them look optimized for archers, melee damage is multiplied by strength, not dexterity... so while you can do... okay... you can't do much better than okay unless you have a very unconventional build.

also for pure dex archer you wont have the str requirement for the same lvl fists meaning even less damage. i find i do more with my bow even with the 1/2 damage reduction than fists
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    fists are great for bosses in the beginning when the tank is a considerable level lower than you... get them to look cool and that's about it.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Kk, thanks allb:thanks
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132