I really have no idea.

rainbowgemini
rainbowgemini Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello everyone. Im currently downloading Perfect World. I've been reading down the forums during that time and id like to say i've been welcomed automaticly by the great community, so a big thanks to you guys.
Now obviously i have no idea what the ingame experiance is going to be like, I can only take your words for it. Im willing to be a part of the games community, but first id like some friendly advice from you guys.
Im usually great with the healer / buff classes, but as i said above. This could be a whole new experiance. Now i played another game by Perfect World entertainment called "Ether saga" I found the classes rather dull, and the players a bit childish. Was completely put off from what i usually enjoy doing. So it's made me want a change. I've never rolled a full damage dealing class in my gaming history, only tank and healer. What do you guys think to the wizard, barbarian, venomancer, Blade Master and archer. (I think thats right b:chuckle). From what i've read these are they key damage dealers. From your personal experiance with these classes what do you think to them? And think it would be nice to play for a begginer in Perfect World? Also id like to here your opinions on Cleric and (Oh dear i forgot the tank class) b:cry

Oh well, please just give me some infomation!

Thankyou guys.

b:kiss
Post edited by rainbowgemini on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I would recommend a Blademaster for its high dps damage per second.Barbs are good at taking the damage.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • rainbowgemini
    rainbowgemini Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thankyou and your sure Blademaster is okay for a begginer?
  • Sawki - Sanctuary
    Sawki - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The Wizard is considered the main ranged magic damage dealer. They are considered a harder class to play because they can be less forgiving on the stats front compared to other classes and are often very squishy.

The Barbarian is the main tank class of the game. The Barbs have a tiger form that has ample aggro/threat increasing attack so that they can prevent a monster from attacking other players.

The Venomancer is the pet controlling class. They have pets that can attack for them and they attack from a range as a magic damage dealer, though there are venos that melee in fox form. Considered one of the easiest classes to play.

The Blade Master is a secondary tank/melee damage dealer. Has four weapon paths they can choose from for skills. Each path is different from one another in some way. The BM subforums in class discussion can tell you more.

The Archer is the physical ranged attack. Can often kill monsters quickly but to have a reliance on 'critical hits' as they often have the highest dexterity of any characters due to build.
    My Alts
    Alniant (Psychic) Level 5x; Triannia (Venomancer) Level 4x; Welmar(Cleric) Level 4x;
  • criticalseven
    criticalseven Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i totally agree about Ether Saga... my friend told me to play and it sucked... the characters were stupid and too cartoony for me. Basically its a real kiddy game, like people ages 13- would llike it. Waste of time play PW instead.

Im making a archer or cleric or blademaster, because i like supporting other classes, and basic melee classes.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    In PW, Clerics are not only support but a good source for damage as well....
    If you like to play a support class that can put out damage just like other classes if needed, Cleric path may be for you.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My favorite class is Wizard, but I've played everything except Archer up through the earliest levels. I'm continuing to level Wizard and Barbarian.

Wizard (lv 33 attained): Long Range Magic DD (Damage Dealer). Low HP, High MP, top magic damage in the game. One of the best to play when it comes to PVE, you can customize your elemental attacks to do the most damage to mobs based on their weaknesses. There's also a simple healing spell for yourself and others - it's slow but good enough for me and a my partner. There's a great set of skills from early in the game, adding some spice to the grind. Battle flows smoothly because channel+casting time (longer than most classes) is balanced out against cooldown time, so you can go from skill to skill virtually nonstop. Physical Defense weaknesses can be fixed with Stone Barrier (Physical Defense boosting spell), Light Armor, and Life Powder to artifically increase your HP bar through faster regen and better defenses. This actually gives us an advantage over other squishy types because we basically come with a built in LessSquishy spell! In Duels and 1v1 PvP, the wizard is at a disadvantage to most other classes until late in the game. But they are a great asset in team PvP and have the role of Kill The Catapuller in Territory Wars - the catapuller usually being a barb, and the catapult being the weapon most likely to make your team lose.

Barbarian (lv 22 attained): Short Range Tank aka Meatshield. Highest HP in the game, lousy MP, mediocre attack power for most builds. Misses a LOT on typical builds. Male only, you play as a Wolf, Tiger, Lion, or Panda, and can transform into a Tiger for added bonuses. You can take more hits than anyone else in the game and keep hitting back. But this can lead to stalemates sometimes because other classes hit harder than you, but you don't die easily. If HP charms are involved things could go on for a while, especially if your opponent is long-range. But in PvE, you don't have much to worry about. Personally, I recommend investing in Dexterity early on (I'm experimenting to find the right stat balance) so that you miss less and can grind more efficiently against mobs and in quests. In PvP these beasts can gobble down an unsuspecting player and run off unscathed, or take attacks with little fear. But the grinding for typical builds makes leveling them to the top harder. In Territory Wars, barbs pull the catapult for the attacks on the other team.

Blademaster (lv... 16?): Substitute Tank/DD. High HP, mediocre MP, pretty good damage. Fun to play with a nice variety of skills, including multiple weapon paths, AoEs, & stuns. My husband's class, this one is great to have along in a party for buffs and to tank when you don't have a barb around.

Venomancer (lv 22): Half Tank, Half Squish caster. Middle-line HP and MP, good damage alone, great damage with pet. These are female-only pretty girls, with Cat/Bunny/Fox/Bat/Deer ears and tails. They turn into foxes for extra skillsets. Their main claim to fame is their Pets, which are great tanks and protect the Venomancer's HP bar very well when used properly. Possibly the fastest grinding class along with wizard, the skills flow smoothly but get repetetive because the pet does most of the damage and just attacks on its own, basically. It's a fast-playing class with little input needed from the player aside from healing the pet and watching out for aggro mobs. Called upon to tank dungeons and bosses, they are major killers in TW and pre-80 PvP. Post 80 their awesome starts to fade unless they have a legendary pet, because the playing field levels with the other classes. Still, an easy play and a good choice if you want to be left alone and do things without help from other players.

Cleric (lv 19): Healer, Buffer, and substitute DD. Low HP, Good MP, and a mixed skillset of both attacks and heals/buffs. But only enough spirit points to focus on one or the other for most of the game :p Hounded 24/7 with calls of HealPlox and ResMe, if you aren't the most helpful personality you might find this class annoying socially. And even if you are sweet it might wear on you. You have the choice to go the traditional (and more valued) Healer route, or something dubbed "Full Attack Cleric" where you buy attack skills over healing skills, and mess people up real good. But you'll have less love from other players when it comes to dungeons, bosses, and possibly TW.

Archer: Haven't played it. Long-Range Physical DD. Low HP, ?? MP, and some pretty good attack power from what I've heard. I haven't tried one out myself yet, but from what I've been reading Archers might complain more than Wizards about their class being problematic. O.O I actually have more HP as a wizard than archers 15 levels above me, and can deal high, steady damage from anywhere within my range. Archer damage drops a TON up close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~