Panther land mount

__AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
__AsHRAcK__ - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hope im posting this in the right thread but anyway.

Currently i have a spotted skymanta (5 gold fly mount) upraded to +2.00 (normal speed) and +4.00 (fast speed) and i am thinking of getting the panther land mount. My question is would it be worth it or should i just stick with my skymanta and upgraded 2 more times...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City on

Comments

• Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'd suggest getting the panther too. A flying mount only goes up to 3.00 mps normal speed, which is good for a flying mount. A land mount will go to 10 mps or 11 mps depending on which one you get. Sometimes a land mount is better to have than an air mount, e.g. harvesting mats, running around a city.
  • R_u_random - Sanctuary
    R_u_random - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well, I just bought my jaguar[spurred panther] for 1.4m, and I just got me the free aerocraft, and they both serve their purposes. I use the jaguar when I feel like going somewhere myself, and I use the stingray whenever Im autopathing. I suggest buying either a panther or a jaguar, or any other land mount. They are worth it. =)
  • __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Ok thx. I think im goin to get a panther.

One more thing... How much would a spurred 11m/s panther cost in coins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A maxed aerocraft will get you moving at base flying speed+3m/s. Thats roughly about 8m/s. From what tests I have done base flying speed is roughly about 5m/s.

A panther at lvl1 moves as fast (8m/s) and at lvl11 moves at 9m/s. If you spur them they get faster (10m/s and 11m/s double spurred). Over flat ground the mounts are faster. Over a lot of 'ups and downs' you end up taking almost as long as the aerocraft due to the aero simply flying higher up in a straight line.

But in general, mounts are faster than aerocraft.

The real deciding factor (imho) is do you like to go afk as you fly to your destination or not? If you do afk, then you cant do that anymore with a mount, due to mobs, obstacles etc.

Regarding costs; On HT:
    unspurred panther: 800Kish
    spurred panher: 1.5-1.8Mil+
    double spurred: 3mil+
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    See the thing is i don't teleport to places except for between major cities as to save coin so i pretty much fly everywhere.

When i fly to my destinations with auto travel i rarely go afk. I just talk in the faction chat. This is why im looking for something faster to save me time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elricaen - Sanctuary
    Elricaen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well, the problem with talking in faction chat with a land mount is that you have to keep stopping to avoid obstacles or higher lvl mobs. A flying mount on the other hand you don't have to pay any attention to.
    - Elric {RIVAL}

Elricaen (Venomancer)
    Elricaeus (Cleric)
    Elricage (Archer)
  • Rabid_dogg - Heavens Tear
    Rabid_dogg - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thanks this guide helped a lot

btw cool signature Hazardus
    Know your role &
    Shut your Mouth &
    Smell what The Dogg is cooking.