reputation stamps

Options
lostsoul1213
lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
I have heard two different things on these. Some say you can get them on non fb runs (meaning just farming the dungeons, and others say you cannot.

Yet, I know its possible to get them without having a active tab. I have seen them pop up many times when waiting until the end to kill the boss.

So which is it? I know some on our server have upwards of 8000 reputation now....

Making equipment for rep is a waste of time and gives minimal rep 1-5 points ive seen,.... fb's there are not enough to go around.. wraith hunts you are lucky to kill 5 mobs if that on a 300 + to one ratio on people attacking them... 1 man army highest ive seen is no more than 4 rep...

so with all of that said..... ... please oh gods of perfect world tell me how these people manage to get that high
Post edited by lostsoul1213 on

Comments

• Swiftail - Heavens Tear
    Swiftail - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well so far i've seen them drop from:

- Mobs at the FB's. (and i dont mean the bosses)
    - Wraiths (the ones that every now and then atack a village or city)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grievence - Sanctuary
    Grievence - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i saw one drop once to someone that killed a scorpion outside FB19.
  • lostsoul1213
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yes but were they part of a ib, or not part of a fb?

Pkilling people have said gives 0 reputation.. i dont know if that's true either.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have over 13,500 reputation right now. It's called 1 Man Army quests. Grind on them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Only fb mobs from fb19 to fb59 drop stamps. There are actually a few fb19 mobs that you can find outside fb19 but its the same mob.

The other rep item that is similar is called a wraith dog tag and drops mostly from wraith attacks but also from mobs in heaven/hell and a few other places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • lostsoul1213
    edited June 2009
    Options
    THis still does not answer question.... do you have to be in a actual FB to get the reputation stamps or can it be done solo simply farming the instance????
  • lostsoul1213
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have over 13,500 reputation right now. It's called 1 Man Army quests. Grind on them.

dies lol screenshot that one and show me. because it is impossible figuring in mob exp and everything to grind out one man army quests all day and get maybe 10 rep per batch of kills.

Fb 19 gives 2.

fb 29 gives 4 I beleve

it is impossible to get that high...... *dies lol...
  • SabrinaLSK - Dreamweaver
    SabrinaLSK - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Myself, I have had one stamp dropped in a fb 19 in my whole gaming life here on PWI.

They are rare to me. But I don't understand how people can get high rep.. just as Lost doesn't.

I saw someone with high rep and asked them how they got it. They just said stamps, and One man army quests.

>_>;
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    THis still does not answer question.... do you have to be in a actual FB to get the reputation stamps or can it be done solo simply farming the instance????

You can get stamps without having a tab.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    dies lol screenshot that one and show me. because it is impossible figuring in mob exp and everything to grind out one man army quests all day and get maybe 10 rep per batch of kills.

Fb 19 gives 2.

fb 29 gives 4 I beleve

it is impossible to get that high...... *dies lol...

Since you asked.

2009-06-2212-16-29.jpg
    b:laugh

There are other players (although not many) that have even more rep than me.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Since you asked.

2009-06-2212-16-29.jpg

i have...2446 rep <.<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swiftail - Heavens Tear
    Swiftail - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I wish i had all that rep lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Since you asked.

2009-06-2212-16-29.jpg

Nice rep. Also, hook me up with some of that damned spirit. My lvl 79 veno only has 70k spirit left and I have only spent 1m on genies. b:surrender

I have also gotten a stamp from TT2-1 mobs. nevermind, it was a dog tag. Same purpose tho.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The most efficient way currently to gain rep is to run high level fb's many times a day. FB79 gives around 60-80 rep I think. This used to be the most efficient way to gain XP as well so people try to spam FB's as much as possible. Everyone I know with 10K+ rep were FB whores.

With the emergence of rebirth though this is no longer the case. People RB their way to level 85 and beyond with nary an FB in sight. While profitable this doesn't lead to any rep.

Personally I have around 7.6k rep. I would have more had I not zhenned so much back in the day...

Of course even if I had Zoe's rep (supposedly one of the highest), rank 8 is still impossibly distant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You can also obtain Rep through the Justice Orders. Even though you have to "buy it", it is a great way to get the extra exp as well. There are quite a few that have the same mobs as many quests.

I have about 7.2l rep, but I think it is mainly because of all the FB's that I do. Clerics are always in demand for those b:cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I've had to do more of those at low levels on my wizard due to the genie. <.< Probably going to break 400 rep by the time she hits 30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    when I was lvl 58-68 I would always kill the first spider you see in fb 59. UNTABBED and it always dropped me a darkness stamp for rep. Of course once you get so high it quits dropping just like anything else. Hubby and I do untabbed FB's all the time for rep. But just started doing that around lvl 60. I started an alt(cleric)and have spent a lot of time doing 1 man army quests. Yes they give very little rep, however; I was able to get rank 2 at lvl 30 when it became available. First character out of 3 I was ever able to do that on. Oh and I also made sure I completed ALL quests available.

Its also better to grab all your quests for a level and then start them. As sometimes some of them are a repeat, and half way through your level check to see if there are more available. Also doing scrolls is a good way for extra rep. A lot of people sell them, but I use every one I pick up. The extra spirit they offer is also just as good if not better than the experience.

Doing FB's untabbed the bosses also still drop(altho more rare if u can solo the fb)molds and 3star items. I have a theory, altho not proven; that if you kill all the creatures in the FB before the boss you have a better chance of getting good drops. Nothing to back this up but my own experience.

On my alt at level 37 I have 600 rep. Exceptionally high for someone of that level. And I've not done but 2 fbs that wasn't my own. So just work at it, there are many things you can do for extra rep.

b:victoryGRATS ON THE EXTREMELY HIGH REP ZOEb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Fastest and most lucrative is helping others tabbed fb:s.

Second best is for venos with hercs. Do solo runs (19-59)untill droprate starts to go down. I did this without herc back in the days when i still only had a golem.

Third solotasks and justice orders.

I actualy did a experiment in fb59 about two weeks ago. Think i was lev 94 at the time. I wanted to see if the time it took was worth farming for the stamps i got.
    I took me about 3h to clean the place of all mobs and i got 8 stamps. I even got a mold from one of the bosses. The arcane head dont remember its name.
    Doing FB's untabbed the bosses also still drop(altho more rare if u can solo the fb)molds and 3star items. I have a theory, altho not proven; that if you kill all the creatures in the FB before the boss you have a better chance of getting good drops. Nothing to back this up but my own experience.

So maybe your on to something Bratfury b:chuckle
    Anyway i was quite bored at the end of the run so will not do it again. But a high level BM and a cleric would totaly clear the place in maybe 1-1:30h.

Happy rephuntings
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    At lvl 30-35 you can do solo armys from heavens tear.. And a solo army of lvl 33 mobs(Tiger Striped Araneid) gives you 3 repu per 20 mobs... Grind on thoseb:pleased Thats what I'm doing now.. And I try not to lvl by spending my exp on/to a genie:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Im grinding on those with my alt btw..(alt is lvl 35)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You can get stamps without having a tab.

This is true.

I'll very often do dry runs of different FBs solely for the darkness stamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited July 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    yeah grab a pet and let all the mobs grind on it...lol venos..

Go play a veno for any length of time, and see how well that works with a random pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wouldn't simply buying Wraith dogtags be the fastest way to get rep?

The going price on Sanctuary seems to be about 10k per reputation point.

If you take your favourite money-making activity (grinding, farming mats, whatever you're best at...) and let's say you make 250k an hour, then that's 25 reputation per hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wouldn't simply buying Wraith dogtags be the fastest way to get rep?

The going price on Sanctuary seems to be about 10k per reputation point.

If you take your favourite money-making activity (grinding, farming mats, whatever you're best at...) and let's say you make 250k an hour, then that's 25 reputation per hour.

It would be if you didn't have any other costs associated with that, and you wanted to spend 250k on them, or could find that many dog tags in the AH all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It would be if you didn't have any other costs associated with that, and you wanted to spend 250k on them, or could find that many dog tags in the AH all the time.
    My friend claims he makes 400k per hour farming mats, and the cost of doing so is zero, so that's not an issue. While I can totally imagine going out and getting, say, 1.2mill with the intention of buying Rep, but then changing your mind later once the money is actually in your hands, nevertheless it still seems like it would be faster and easier than farming FBs if rep is what you're after.

The limit would probably be the auction house, then. Both in converting your mats to coin and in buying what's available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My friend claims he makes 400k per hour farming mats, and the cost of doing so is zero

There is no such thing as 0 cost. There are always repairs, new equipment that has to be gotten, etc.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My friend claims he makes 400k per hour farming mats, and the cost of doing so is zero, so that's not an issue. While I can totally imagine going out and getting, say, 1.2mill with the intention of buying Rep, but then changing your mind later once the money is actually in your hands, nevertheless it still seems like it would be faster and easier than farming FBs if rep is what you're after.

The limit would probably be the auction house, then. Both in converting your mats to coin and in buying what's available.

His cost is time cat shopping the matts unless he runs a second account as a cat shop, but there's still the time component, but the limiting factor is going to be the AH. With this in mind, players already buy the dog tags to up their rep as it is, just not on that large of a scale.

There is no such thing as 0 cost. There are always repairs, new equipment that has to be gotten, etc.

Farming matts can indeed be 0 cost with respect to repairs and new equipment if all you do for an hour is farm matt nodes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You mean the 200, maybe 300, coins worth of repairs for an hour of occasionally having a stray mob take a swing at you?

He did have to pay 2000 for that pick-axe, though, so perhaps farming is just a money sink after all. Good thing I play the markets instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]