Questfinder!?

Options
Chabi - Heavens Tear
Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Whats the point of a questfinder when it dont show existing quests?
It happens multiple times to me stumbling over new quest by pure luck. Or by doing my own homework checking PWi database.

Please fix it its annoying when you cant rely on it.
Post edited by Chabi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i belive it does show existing quests...hence the name questfinder, its saved me a bunch of time with this char and my alt on getting my quests, idk what ur problem is atm lol
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lol, click the button on bottom again to switch window to existing quests.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Whats the point of a questfinder when it dont show existing quests?
    It happens multiple times to me stumbling over new quest by pure luck. Or by doing my own homework checking PWi database.

Please fix it its annoying when you cant rely on it.

Is quest finder not mentioning quests that are appropriate for your level or is it just not showing those quests that you can get at any level? Quest finder has never shown quests that are always available (which I find to be a good thing). The pet bag quests are available starting at level 1, but collecting 20 hay is totally inappropriate for a level 1 player. Same with the badges quests. If you are finding quests that only open up when you get to your level and they are not on quest finder then maybe you should bug report it. If it is just the quests that are always available then I would not worry about it.
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lol, click the button on bottom again to switch window to existing quests
    Dude dont you think i know how the switching works, lol.

I hitted 96 today and when i used the questfinder it did not show any new quest at all.
    I checked pwidatabase and saw several 96 quest there. So i went to heaven and found 3 new quest not counting the solotasks.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    certain instance quests and demon / sage world quests dont appear on there. AKA lunar glade, and frost. its not as iff you can program it to autopath to something not even on the main map, theres nothing wrong with the quest finder.
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    certain instance quests and demon / sage world quests dont appear on there. AKA lunar glade, and frost. its not as iff you can program it to autopath to something not even on the main map, theres nothing wrong with the quest finder.

Your a freaking forum troll Tear, open your mouth in every singel thread without even knowing for sure if what your saying is the truth, leave my topic alone will ya.

Fyi questfinder do show quests in heaven and hell. At 95 you get both tiger and drake shows in questfinder and they are on both sides.

Would really be kind if someone else could back me up since everyone sems to disbelieve me.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

That isn't actually true.

I'd finished a bunch of quests once, and there was nothing in the quest finder. I ended up at the town of arrivals, and there were quests there, but they still didn't show up in the finder. Many times quests don't even show up in the same level, just the "low level" section. I'm sure that if I leveled past the level req a level or two that they'd finally show up in the "low level" section.

Also, many times you will have a quest involving an instance, and it will auto-path you to where the mob supposedly is, except the mob isn't there because it's inside an instance, and where it auto-pathed you to is nowhere near the instance entrance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Seems like the Quest Finder could use a bit of patching up

Fix stuff or else -> b:beatup
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Your a freaking forum troll Tear, open your mouth in every singel thread without even knowing for sure if what your saying is the truth, leave my topic alone will ya.

Fyi questfinder do show quests in heaven and hell. At 95 you get both tiger and drake shows in questfinder and they are on both sides.

Would really be kind if someone else could back me up since everyone sems to disbelieve me.
    nobody is trolling you d!ck, it does not for a fact show any of my frost quests, or lunar glade ones. it did at first when i got them, but when i trashed them, they did not reappear on the list. as for the normal quest finding i have seen nothing wrong with finding all the ones avliable for my level. go be an **** elsewhere.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    nobody is trolling you d!ck, it does not for a fact show any of my frost quests, or lunar glade ones. it did at first when i got them, but when i trashed them, they did not reappear on the list. as for the normal quest finding i have seen nothing wrong with finding all the ones avliable for my level. go be an **** elsewhere.

You initially said they don't, period. You never gave any additional information about why they didn't show up for you, either. Chabi is in the right to call you on that.

Quest finder found the quests for you initially even if you were hesitant to admit that it had done so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have never said anything about trashed quests not showing again!
    If you trash a quest you got your self to blame if it not show again.
    (Your still a freaking troll taking any chance you can to ruin other peoples threads. Shsss take your bad karma somewhere else)
    Im talking about new quests which you would had seen if you bothered to read what i actualy wrote.
    So point in my topic are still you cant trust the questfinder to work as it should. This game dont exactly hand quests to the left and right so the few we are supposed to get we should get accurat coords for.

Thanks OMGLazerz for telling of your experience with the questfinder- maybe if more do they can take a look at it.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no. you have a right to say im wrong, not call me a troll. no one is trying to exact some kind of emotion out of you or provoke you. so do not start drama.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I admit i dont know about level 90+ quests, as i'm currently only 89. But judging by the glitched level 85 quest, which has been glitched since it was a single NPC quest finder & still is glitched now as the multi listing quest finder, it seems the two (old & new) find quests the same way. From 1-89 there have only been 3 quests that dont show on quest finder. The level 50-69 "secret quest" from 1k streams for a nice sum (142k(?) Exp), and the 2 level 80 Sadistic Glee quests both titled 'Arch Evil'. Other then those 3, (and anything acquireable at any level, such as inventory/bank/pet expansion, sages quest, one man armies, etc etc), or inside TT quests (as every TT has quests when you walk inside), all other 1-89 quests have always showed up.

p.s. i am a quest wh.ore, & use PWdatabase, & was using 1perfectworld.com until it ran out of info (lvl 86ish) and verify that i've gotten all quests. I've completed every quest possible to my level excluding group mode Frost & Lunar quests. (yes i'm even quest-anal enough to have done the 50 hay quest at 74 even though one loses out on that).
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    96 quests showed up under low level not your level for me =x but i am demon

also yah ive heard it doesnt show quite a few quests for sages in their 9x, and lvl 87 ossaur cavalry didnt show up (i guess its a hidden quest doesnt start at a npc like some do) and prolly a few more that arent coming to mind atm
    so many 9x game aspects seem bugged or dont show up on list, heck the autopath in heaven/hell has a way bugged display but it gets you to the point

yah Chabi is quite right
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    and lvl 87 ossaur cavalry didnt show up (i guess its a hidden quest doesnt start at a npc like some do)

Still cant speak to the 9x quests, but that 87 Ossaur Cavalry quest showed on find quests on both of my characters (BM89 & Veno88).
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Still cant speak to the 9x quests, but that 87 Ossaur Cavalry quest showed on find quests on both of my characters (BM89 & Veno88).

You sure you're thinking about the right Ossaur Calvary quest? There's one you get from an NPC and that shows up in the Quest Finder. The other is location based. You go to the wagons east of East Barrier Village and a pop-up appears and gives you the quest to kill 90 Calvary.
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I did a little research in pwidatabase and the quests that dont show for me and are availible from lev 96 are:

Neglect of Duty, Demon's Lure and (Tsu the Meditator availible from 95)

The only reason i could come up with why they dont show is that they are spanning as availible for several levels 96-105 and 95-105.

Maybe someone else who are Sage and done those quests could tell us if they showed for them?

Mosz they did not show at all in my questfind window.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree Chabi, same thing happen to me. Just late last week i did a level 35+ quest ("Helpful one", or something like that) that you get from the Banker in South District. This was on my lvl 89 veno.

And on a few other occasions that i've gotten quests, but it never showed up on my quest list. Makes you wonder how many you've missed already. b:puzzled