Which TT70 weapon?

Dimental - Harshlands
Dimental - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
Which out of the TT70 weapons do you advise?

Grief's Breath:

Asura's Sign:

Acalanatha Wand:

I'm a pure arcane build and was considering going with the +11 vit option however being a wizzy I get a poor HP trade off per vit point so would one of the other weapons be more suitable such as increasing my magic attack??

Also I do intend leveling to 80-90 but I'm not sure how my build may evolve and change from now till then (arcane vs light, sage vs demon) any advice as to which route would probably offer the best for a pure arcane wizzy would be great! (I looked at some of the weapons and the +PResist ones look good but then they swap over to +Evasion which is not so good as I doubt my evasions ever going to be high enough to stop others hitting me.)
Dimental - Little bit dim, little bit mental

Celestial - b:victory
Post edited by Dimental - Harshlands on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    from what i'm told, you're suppose to be getting asura's at 70, but ambiguidy at 80? sounds silly.

grief vs asura
    +100-110 hp vs +100-110 matk
    2715-3250 vs 3054-3604

eh.

i chose grief's because i like a big hp pool and, well, i'm defensive. and cheap.

you're offensive, and would possibly benefit more from the asura's at 70 because you're not defense - u can't regenerate like i can - so doing the most possible damage is very important to u.

wand sucks at 80, but u could use it at 70. though i still think the swords are superior.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Get sakyamunies light. Perfect for arcane wizzies.
  • Dimental - Harshlands
    edited June 2009

I wasn't sure if to include this or not as I don't know how I would get the mould for it. Also it doesnt lead onto another weapon so would cost more in the long run. Howver the physical defence does look quite nice!

Whats the damage difference between it and ther other TT70 weapons including the additional extras? (how much attack does +1 magic give?)

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    grief's, asura's, sakyamunies
    +100-110 hp, +100-110 matk, +216 pdef +56 matk
    2715-3250, 3054-3604, 3005-3557

ok so u have hp, damage, or resistance.

saky's is a pro sword, but i was cheap. at the time it cost 3m+ in heaven's tear, and i wasn't willing to do cube for the chips.

asura's is again best for a dd class, because of the heightened damage. it does the most out of the 7x weapons.

grief's is the cheapest pick, and it offers the same survivability of saky's in a different form, but less damage.

1 int = 10 matk
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This. Sell it when you're done with it, so you won't lose much.

Then you can get the best TT80 wep (wheel of life, doesn't require a souledge), find some gear with like +4 dex so you get an extra crit, and go for wheel of denied fate at 90. Pro!
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This. Sell it when you're done with it, so you won't lose much.

Then you can get the best TT80 wep (wheel of life, doesn't require a souledge), find some gear with like +4 dex so you get an extra crit, and go for wheel of denied fate at 90. Pro!

Which would be TT80 green sleeves for the few dex to get the crit:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I agree with him. If not go with griefs, better 80 choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Dimental - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    b:sad everyones saying different things b:chuckle guess it will boil down to personal choice/available cash then.

I really do like the sounds of getting sakyamunies as although its 50-50 damage less than asura its going to offer me a lot of physical defence probably more than the TT70 top.

*Edit*
    How many chips doe sakyamunies cost?

• Frostburn - Lost City
    Frostburn - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think it's 22 chips... so you need to get 2 chips from cube and you get 20 from suppply stash.
    For a wizard, my opinion Sakymunies>Asura>Acalanatha>Grief
  • Dimental - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I think it's 22 chips... so you need to get 2 chips from cube and you get 20 from suppply stash.
    For a wizard, my opinion Sakymunies>Asura>Acalanatha>Grief

Need 24 for pants of Hades also b:cry and cube runs for me are certain death and very expensive.

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    im going for ashura's sign then yaksa (since it offers pdef). sakyamuni is a little on the expensive side on my server being new and all.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Need 24 for pants of Hades also b:cry and cube runs for me are certain death and very expensive.

If you wanna buy stuff with chips, you should invest in what the prices are on the server for that item. Lets say you buy something that costs 20 chips, with a 1 mil. fee. If that item on your server costs 1.1 mil itself, then buying it with chips is a waste of chips. However if that item costs 2 mil to buy, you can use the chips and make 1 mil. profit when you sell it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    im going for ashura's sign then yaksa (since it offers pdef). sakyamuni is a little on the expensive side on my server being new and all.

Consider Acalanatha wand instead of Ashura's Sign. They both do 648.5 average damage, and both have the same bonus stats(except Acalanatha has an extra +mp bonus). The difference is Acalanatha gives more stable and reliable damage. Mats used to craft the wand is a lot cheaper than mats for Ashuras Sign, for the same damage.

The only drawback is, when decomposed, Acalanatha can only make the TT80 gold wand, which has very good stats (both +13 vit and +13 mag, plus 106 attack), but is bound and require gold mats to craft. Ashura's decomposed mat can make normal green TT80 weapons.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Saved up my chips for a Stepps Cape(They are so rare on our server), now I might be restatting :(
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • FireMagican - Sanctuary
    FireMagican - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok firstly i will go for ashura or maybe for griefs ( when haven't the mats for ashuras fast enough)
    But i think the chips you have to spent for the mold weapons aren't used good, because they aren't much better than the tt weapons
    But what i don'zt understand is:
    Mothergoose said that the mold wand could be decomposed to the golden tt80 weapon, right?
    And firstly have i understand that correct?
    And secondly Aren't only molder weapons golden??

Fire
    edited June 2009
    Ok firstly i will go for ashura or maybe for griefs ( when haven't the mats for ashuras fast enough)
    But i think the chips you have to spent for the mold weapons aren't used good, because they aren't much better than the tt weapons
    But what i don'zt understand is:
    Mothergoose said that the mold wand could be decomposed to the golden tt80 weapon, right?
    And firstly have i understand that correct?
    And secondly Aren't only molder weapons golden??

Fire

You misunderstood. The wand was the green TT70 Acalanatha Wand.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14915
    There are no mold wand available at lvl 70.

Acalanatha wand, in turn, can be decomposed to its corresponding mat:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15406

Which is used to craft this gold TT80 wand.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14916

Ashura's Sign decomposes into this:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15397
    and can be crafted into either gold or green TT80 swords.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14905
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14904

Grief's Breath decomposes to:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15396
    and is used to craft green TT80 sword Endless Ambiguity:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14903

Endless Ambiguity is preferred by most magic classes, for its relatively low cost overall and bonuses useful for both offense and defense.
    edited June 2009
    Ok so the wand could be decomposed to the mats for tt80 best weapon right?
    And do i need any other mats too or are the mats from the decompose all needed mats?
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Check the link. You need the souledge, two golden spirits (rare drop), 10 claw of consumer of souls, and 18 ultimate subs.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    grief's, asura's, sakyamunies
    +100-110 hp, +100-110 matk, +216 pdef +56 matk
    2715-3250, 3054-3604, 3005-3557

ok so u have hp, damage, or resistance.

saky's is a pro sword, but i was cheap. at the time it cost 3m+ in heaven's tear, and i wasn't willing to do cube for the chips.

asura's is again best for a dd class, because of the heightened damage. it does the most out of the 7x weapons.

grief's is the cheapest pick, and it offers the same survivability of saky's in a different form, but less damage.

1 int = 10 matk

1mag =/= 10matk

mag acts as a multiplier, and you will see a bigger difference in your damage when you have more matk
    Stop making stuff up when you dont know what you're talking about
    edited June 2009
    ok understood that with the mats now
    ty
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    1mag =/= 10matk

mag acts as a multiplier, and you will see a bigger difference in your damage when you have more matk
    Stop making stuff up when you dont know what you're talking about

i apologize, what i said was incomplete. 1 int = +1% matk of equipment value
    edited June 2009
    Lol, no comment.b:chuckle
  • Dimental - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I decided to go with Sakyamunies light really glad I did as the added physical resistance is amazing :) the damage on it is great too specially since I managed to get it to +5 without using dragon orbs b:victory

Am sure their will be another of these threads soon enough when I get to level 80 and need a new weapon again. b:shutup

• Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Am sure their will be another of these threads soon enough when I get to level 80 and need a new weapon again. b:shutup

Do those threads even help? As You said everybody has his own opinion. If You were like me You would take the wand (and You wouldn't even have to ask. There would be no alternative)

Some people plan a path with their weapons, so they can make the next one decomposing the current one for the souledge. I'm not convinced it makes sense. It makes imbuing soulgems and refining wasteful.

If You are going to use shards and refine You will most probably be better off selling the weapon later and getting a new clean one to decompose and in that case planning a whole path doesn't make any sense.

TT80 wand has a bonus to max M attack and it sucks, but I picked it anyway over other possibilities. I'm not sure I would, if I knew it would be bound. I found out after crafting. There were no clear messages in the forge then. Good they changed it.

I have two sets of robes and I'm starting to consider getting a second weapon. The sad truth is that what's good for grinding is not necessarily good for instances and vice versa. Oh and there is PvP too. I don't care about PvP but some people surprisingly do :)
    edited July 2009
    Do those threads even help? As You said everybody has his own opinion. If You were like me You would take the wand (and You wouldn't even have to ask. There would be no alternative)

Some people plan a path with their weapons, so they can make the next one decomposing the current one for the souledge. I'm not convinced it makes sense. It makes imbuing soulgems and refining wasteful.

If You are going to use shards and refine You will most probably be better off selling the weapon later and getting a new clean one to decompose and in that case planning a whole path doesn't make any sense.

TT80 wand has a bonus to max M attack and it sucks, but I picked it anyway over other possibilities. I'm not sure I would, if I knew it would be bound. I found out after crafting. There were no clear messages in the forge then. Good they changed it.

I have two sets of robes and I'm starting to consider getting a second weapon. The sad truth is that what's good for grinding is not necessarily good for instances and vice versa. Oh and there is PvP too. I don't care about PvP but some people surprisingly do :)

Lol, yeah, it sucks that you cannot change bound weapons.b:chuckle

Right now I have a tt70 wand and vit sword. Wand for grinding(high, stable damage) and vit sword(lower dmg, more vit) for rb/tt. Wand is refined and gemmed. Vit sword is not, waiting to be decomposed to make Endless Ambiguity at lvl 80.

Still, considering the tt80 gold wand gives both high int and vit bonus, I suppose it would do well in all situations?