New Player

ceberation
ceberation Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
hiya im a new player and i'm hoping to start this game up soon, although i would like to know what classes everyone prefers, and which would be a good class to play ect.
Post edited by ceberation on

Comments

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ceberation wrote: »
    hiya im a new player and i'm hoping to start this game up soon, although i would like to know what classes everyone prefers, and which would be a good class to play ect.

Depends do a little info gathering but all depends how u play i am a cleric and love it b:victory but thats cause i like being helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Welcome to PWI!

Here's a link to the class discussion forums. At the top of each forum are sticky's that will usually have information and FAQ's about each class. You ought to be able to learn whatever you need to know about the six classes from them.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7
  • ceberation
    edited June 2009
    iv looked around at the guides in the class discussion but nothing really jumped out at me. i like being the big tank in some games other games i like being a sneaky rouge. but idk what to do here.
    edited June 2009
    iv looked around at the guides in the class discussion but nothing really jumped out at me. i like being the big tank in some games other games i like being a sneaky rouge. but idk what to do here.

Well if u want to take a lot of damage and tank Barb is for u

If u want to shoot things from a far then Archer is for u

Or do what i did play every class and see what u like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ceberation
    edited June 2009
    which class has duel weild?
    edited June 2009

Barbs can wield duel axes but so can Bms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Huddle - Sanctuary
    Huddle - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Blade master and Barbs have duel weild
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
    edited June 2009
    Blade master and Barbs have duel weild

beat u b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ceberation
    edited June 2009
    Barbs can wield duel axes but so can Bms

which is the better of the two? how is the veromancer in actual game play situations? because sounds fun in theory.
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well the big tank would be the barbarian and maybe a good axe blade master.

Barbarians have high hp and def. especially if you follow the tank build which can be found at the class discussion-barbarian, but they have low attack and crit. rate.

Blademasters are probably one of the most versatile classes. You can a choice of swords, polearm, axes and hammers, and/or fist and gloves. Each have their own ups and downs, Try the Blademaster class discussion for more information on the different paths.

A sneaky rogue that's a little harder, i would say the archer. They're quick but can charge and have great crits. They have pretty even defense sice they're using light armour. They're a little hard at low levels but they have great end-game.

Venomancers probably the most interesting class. As a venomancer you specialize in wood damage. Also at level 3 you get to have a pet which will grow and fight with you. and at level 7 you can tame wild animals into your pets. Venomancers are the best solo class and are very inexpensive.

Wizards are arguably the most powerful class. They have great damage but slow casting and low physical defense. So it will be hard at low levels and that's when most wizards quit. I would recomend find a questing partner once you hit lvl 20, try a barbarian, what you have (ubber damage) the barbarians don't, and what you don't have (defense and health) barbarians have. Plus wizards and cleric have argueably the flashiest skills. (though the blademaster has some flashy skill as well) Also wizards and blademaster are given an ability to heal themselves at lvl 29.

Finally clerics, clerics are the main support class. They have many buffs and healing spells as well as debuffs. They are party based so like a wizard try finding a questing partner at lvl 20. They are the most expensive class from what I've heard, but clerics are welcome in any group.

So overall:

If you like high defense, high health, and enjoy tanking roll a barbarian.

If you like trying different strategies and enjoy stunning enemies try a blademaster.

If you like high critical damage and PVP give the archer a go.

If you like to poison your enemies and fighting with a pet try the venomancer.

If you want to deal major damage and show off your fancy skills try a wizard.

And if you want to keep your friends alive and like leaving your opponent weak give the cleric a shot.

This was a pretty general outline of the classes, If you have any more questions on a class I'll will happily try to give you a good answer. My best advice try different characters and find the ones that suits you, it took me many characters to find my love of barbarians, but I still like to try different classes every now and again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009

BMs are better fo dueling as Barbs are better with poleaxes for aoe.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Barbs ftw....b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    fed great siggy :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ZOMG!! FED YOUR SIGGYS ARE GEnious!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009

That's what i said, doesn't it remind you of Chuck norris in a fur coat?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • ceberation
    edited June 2009
    Well the big tank would be the barbarian and maybe a good axe blade master.

Barbarians have high hp and def. especially if you follow the tank build which can be found at the class discussion-barbarian, but they have low attack and crit. rate.

Blademasters are probably one of the most versatile classes. You can a choice of swords, polearm, axes and hammers, and/or fist and gloves. Each have their own ups and downs, Try the Blademaster class discussion for more information on the different paths.

A sneaky rogue that's a little harder, i would say the archer. They're quick but can charge and have great crits. They have pretty even defense sice they're using light armour. They're a little hard at low levels but they have great end-game.

Venomancers probably the most interesting class. As a venomancer you specialize in wood damage. Also at level 3 you get to have a pet which will grow and fight with you. and at level 7 you can tame wild animals into your pets. Venomancers are the best solo class and are very inexpensive.

Wizards are arguably the most powerful class. They have great damage but slow casting and low physical defense. So it will be hard at low levels and that's when most wizards quit. I would recomend find a questing partner once you hit lvl 20, try a barbarian, what you have (ubber damage) the barbarians don't, and what you don't have (defense and health) barbarians have. Plus wizards and cleric have argueably the flashiest skills. (though the blademaster has some flashy skill as well) Also wizards and blademaster are given an ability to heal themselves at lvl 29.

Finally clerics, clerics are the main support class. They have many buffs and healing spells as well as debuffs. They are party based so like a wizard try finding a questing partner at lvl 20. They are the most expensive class from what I've heard, but clerics are welcome in any group.

So overall:

If you like high defense, high health, and enjoy tanking roll a barbarian.

If you like trying different strategies and enjoy stunning enemies try a blademaster.

If you like high critical damage and PVP give the archer a go.

If you like to poison your enemies and fighting with a pet try the venomancer.

If you want to deal major damage and show off your fancy skills try a wizard.

And if you want to keep your friends alive and like leaving your opponent weak give the cleric a shot.

This was a pretty general outline of the classes, If you have any more questions on a class I'll will happily try to give you a good answer. My best advice try different characters and find the ones that suits you, it took me many characters to find my love of barbarians, but I still like to try different classes every now and again.

How does each class stack up in the end game?
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    End game powerfull classes:

Wizard
    Barbarian
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    fed great siggy :)

Ty guys, y'all are too kind b:shy *bashful*

I like ur siggies toooooo

Anyways, back to the barb thing,

If you're reading this thread, and you aren't a barb, ROLL ONE NAO!!!

D:<!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ty guys, y'all are too kind b:shy *bashful*

I like ur siggies toooooo

Anyways, back to the barb thing,

If you're reading this thread, and you aren't a barb, ROLL ONE NAO!!!

D:<!!!

No This is the darkness devouring your soul!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No This is the darkness devouring your soul!!!

OMG

LAZERZ!! b:shocked
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My favorite class is Barb of course......
    we have a sh1tload of hp!!! a lotta defense, and can do decent damage in my opinion... a lot of barbs quit b4 lvl 59... but that's when a barb becomes Uber powerful.... from lvl 59-now(66), i only died a few times.... around 5 times i guess... they were all caused by lag!!!! >.>