Call to Duty 19

korkai
korkai Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
So I just got to level 19 and picked up the Call to Duty quest, have the token in my inventory and the quest to kill 8 of each of two kinds of mobs in the cave. I have seen people advertising that they will help and have a full group ready. What is their incentive for running me through? Is there anything I need to be aware of before the run? And how long does it typically take? Thanks
Post edited by korkai on

Comments

• Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you use the tab on the pillar then they'll get experience and reputation for being in your squad. I'd suggest using the tab at the pillar instead of at the entrance because sometimes the squad forgets/doesn't care about the mobs you need to kill before you get to the boss (rarely happens but better to be safe). Don't forget to get all the mobs before you kill the boss. Also, you need to be the squad leader to use the tab and don't forget to talk to the pillar before they kill the boss.

As for how long it takes, I can solo any of the fb19s in a 5-20 minutes depending on how careful I feel like being. I'm sure that a full squad of mid 30s could do the same (probably faster). You'll mostly see people level 40+ helping though, mainly because that's when quests start to dry up and grinding is boring. A full squad of 50+ would probably slaughter everything without pausing and kill the boss a few seconds after you tab (again, be sure to tab before they kill the boss and tell them to wait if they're about to attack or if you're confused about anything).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Albester - Sanctuary
    Albester - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi, good info here for me too but could you explain a few things a bit more? I'm guessing tab means tablet, but what is pillar? And what does "tab before they kill the boss" mean? Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    korkai wrote: »
    So I just got to level 19 and picked up the Call to Duty quest, have the token in my inventory and the quest to kill 8 of each of two kinds of mobs in the cave. I have seen people advertising that they will help and have a full group ready. What is their incentive for running me through? Is there anything I need to be aware of before the run? And how long does it typically take? Thanks

Everyone in the party for the FB gets exp, spirit and rep. That is why a lot of the higher levels like to do them. It tends to be fast and easy rep. The exp is give or take and does not do much, but at least for me is a nice change from grinding.

In terms of what need to know, there can be "drops" from the bosses and it is up to you to ask or make sure that IF the boss drops that you can keep those.

Depending on the level of Fb the amount of time is takes varies.
    Hi, good info here for me too but could you explain a few things a bit more? I'm guessing tab means tablet, but what is pillar? And what does "tab before they kill the boss" mean? Thanks!

Tab is the Call to Duty tablet in your inventory.

Tabbing is talking to the Pillar inside to activate the FB and boss you need to kill.

You can tab at the front of the FB when inside or right at the boss. It is better to tab at the Boss just in case something goes wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Krystalar - Dreamweaver
    Krystalar - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Maybe I'm a little slow, but since this is the first time I've done this please bear with me.

So once I have the Call to Duty tablet, you're suggesting that I...

(1) go to the cave, go into it, solo-kill the necessary underling type beasties until I have registered enough of them, then find a pillar (inside the cave?) and use the tab on it which will send out a call that a bunch of other people will respond to?

Or...

(2) try to assemble a squad first (with me as squad leader), then have the squad clear the cave to get the necessary underling kills, then activate the tablet and finish off the boss.

Thanks for any help...
  • Lord_of_wind - Sanctuary
    Lord_of_wind - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Get tab >Get Squard> Finish Normal Quest in Fb cave > Tab Fb from pillar near Boss > do Fb
    note: dont tab 4 fb at the beginning (Entrance of cave)
    (2) try to assemble a squad first (with me as squad leader), then have the squad clear the cave to get the necessary underling kills, then activate the tablet and finish off the boss.

Thanks for any help...[/QUOTE]
  • Krystalar - Dreamweaver
    Krystalar - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Gotcha....thanks. :)