BladeMaster vs Archer

Wuluvas - Heavens Tear
Wuluvas - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hmm iv lved up a archer and a bm bolth to lv 50 and its really hard to choose wich one i should use as my main, i want a class thats good in PVE for rite now sence im not gonna worry about pvp till lv 85+, can anyone help me decide?

&& wich class would i have to spend more money on?
Post edited by Wuluvas - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I enjoy BM personally, more options with a BM and the PvE is easy since you tank damage..

The BM might be more expeensive due to non-stop repairs in grinding, I think we're one of the worst at making $ off grinding.b:surrender But I don't know too much about Archer, haven't made one yet.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What do you prefer and spend the most coin and zen on?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Xakarus - Dreamweaver
    Xakarus - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well it's up to preference. BM's are the best at PvE past lvl 60 (arguably) because of their pro grinding skills. They're also pretty good a PvP. Archers are better at PvP but are also good at PvE.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Well it's up to preference. BM's are the best at PvE past lvl 60 (arguably) because of their pro grinding skills. They're also pretty good a PvP. Archers are better at PvP but are also good at PvE.

Depends on the BM in Pvp.
  • Xakarus - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Depends on the BM in Pvp.

True, but I think they're all relatively good at pvp, am i wrong? If played right anything can be good at pvp.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    True, but I think they're all relatively good at pvp, am i wrong? If played right anything can be good at pvp.

Yup b:pleasedb:pleased
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    u would think so, but it's a sad fact that half of the warrior tree is specifically built for pve, while others are built for pvp. where one fails, another will exceed. swords and axes are primarily the greatest pve choices for a warrior. fist and spears being more geared towards pvp.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    u would think so, but it's a sad fact that half of the warrior tree is specifically built for pve, while others are built for pvp. where one fails, another will exceed. swords and axes are primarily the greatest pve choices for a warrior. fist and spears being more geared towards pvp.

That's good to hear. Being good at pvp as an axe/sword user just shows your skilled then b:kiss
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    no. when fighting an equally geared opponent 90+, neither an axe nor sword can kill someone solo. maybe after dragon, assuming that person is an idiot and lets the warrior get hits in afterwards.

the only hope a sword user has is that he's against something silly, like a hybrid archer.
  • Xakarus - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009

I dont know about that. Axe bms can be pretty damn annoying at PvP. 15 second stunlock? Anyone can be dead in 15 seconds.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    no. when fighting an equally geared opponent 90+, neither an axe nor sword can kill someone solo. maybe after dragon, assuming that person is an idiot and lets the warrior get hits in afterwards.

the only hope a sword user has is that he's against something silly, like a hybrid archer.

Then that needs to be changed. b:bye
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    it's true, a stun lock is rather annoying. too bad it wont kill me, it'll just annoy me. once i get away, they'll die. and i'm not even 90 yet.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    it's true, a stun lock is rather annoying. too bad it wont kill me, it'll just annoy me. once i get away, they'll die. and i'm not even 90 yet.

LOL I needed a good laugh
  • Xakarus - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Maybe you wont die in 1 v 1 pvp, but if you get stunned for that long then an archer or barb could easily come up and kill you in a tw or pk.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    stunlock works when u dont missb:bye
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    stunlock works when u dont missb:bye

A benefit of being a Sword BM.

Archers miss just as much as me, sometimes more. (lil higher than my level and lower, not much higher lvls)
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A benefit of being a Sword BM.

Archers miss just as much as me, sometimes more. (lil higher than my level and lower, not much higher lvls)
    you should try fists then. despite the much lower dex compared to archers, fist blademasters have similar evasion (without buff). thus you'll always have more chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    bms actually get more accuracy/evasion per dex than archers do i believe.
  • Shotay - Lost City
    Shotay - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I would say BM for pve is better, as archers damage is terrible up close. Archers probably win for pvp though, as long as they keep away
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers do better at fighting from the air and don't need to be within melee range.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers do better at fighting from the air and don't need to be within melee range.

all depends on what you like.

do you wanna be up close in the heat of battle?

or do you wanna sit back crack open a cold 1 and pick off anything that moves?

both classes have pros n cons just like the rest.
  • Ikiru - Lost City
    Ikiru - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009

i use axe... not 90+ tho... and i can own many classes my lvl range... its not exactly what kind of wep but how u build ur char... u can be 2 kinds of axe too... DD or tank... i chose DD (based with more dex and less vit) and i manage fine when it comes to killing others...
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    archer > BM
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    i use axe... not 90+ tho... and i can own many classes my lvl range... its not exactly what kind of wep but how u build ur char... u can be 2 kinds of axe too... DD or tank... i chose DD (based with more dex and less vit) and i manage fine when it comes to killing others...

u can kill all of the cheap people now, who refuse to spend money on their armours until 90. just wait until then. you'll only be useful for stunning people in tw, and cursing the opponent cart puller.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    How would you know forp? are you a 9x BM?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    i don't have to be a 9x warrior to know who can or can not kill me.
  • Huddle - Sanctuary
    Huddle - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Being a complete dex archer I don't often get hit by mobs. Mostly cause they are stunned or I use knock back. And I kill them faster than any vm I am have squaded with. Pvp I think bm would be better cause all I do as an archer is run and hit. Abit boring. But I kill them none the less
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Any halfway decent killing squad will destroy u before the first stun comes off damn teamwork b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    thankfully the warriors in heaven's tear are terrible and think they're invincible, so they run wildly away from their parties in tw and end up dying.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009

No. For example, sword users can also hope for something nice from crafting.

And other than sword and fist blademasters, blademasters usually only hit me with their automatic hit skill, even when wearing two misty forest rings.
This discussion has been closed.