FB 19 fail? ):

Options
pinwheels
pinwheels Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
So I did FB 19 today with a group of players that were WAY higher level than I was (I'm level 19, they were all 60+). I had NO IDEA what a battle was like at all, and I ended up just running along with them. In the end, they all said "thanks" and then disappeared within 15 seconds (the whole dungeon was probably about 5 minutes long at most, haha), leaving me to discover that I had only killed ELEVEN out of twelve undine.

Needless to say I was very sad, so I went backwards through the dungeon and tried killing the last one myself. I died. I tried going back AGAIN and doing it solo, but I lacked the thing that the Elder originally gave me.

So what do I do now? Do I just...trash the mission and go at it again? Am I doomed to never reap the benefits of FB 19? I'm really sad--my first dungeon in the game and I effed it up ):!!
Post edited by pinwheels on

Comments

• Lord_of_wind - Sanctuary
    Lord_of_wind - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hi, u in which server ?

the people who helped 4 ur Fb came 4 Reputation they get from Fb + Exp .... b:chuckle
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ye sounds like you went with a farming squad,

What server are you on, if your on Dreamweaver I'll help you get your last mob
  • pinwheels
    pinwheels Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am indeed in Dreamweaver. It was a very frustrating experience, to say the least--not only did I feel totally useless but I also only got 1 exp for each of the things they killed and only a few coins at the end.

I would love some help, but unfortunately the Elder doesn't have another quest option for me. :\ Should I trash it and then see if I can do it again that way?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    pinwheels wrote: »
    I am indeed in Dreamweaver. It was a very frustrating experience, to say the least--not only did I feel totally useless but I also only got 1 exp for each of the things they killed and only a few coins at the end.

I would love some help, but unfortunately the Elder doesn't have another quest option for me. :\ Should I trash it and then see if I can do it again that way?

Nah, you don't need the tab, it just gives anyone who helps you exp and rep when you use it. If you still need help then you can just whisper me (or Jonnykins, he did offer to help too) in game. Or you can try asking around for help but I'm not too sure how many people will be willing to do so if you don't have the tab (don't know why they wouldn't help, fb19 doesn't take long with high levels helping).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Tailpuff - Heavens Tear
    Tailpuff - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You should try finding a guild that can help u do this things, they will worry about ur needs, not some random squad that only cares about rep and exp.
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ya just find some1 to help you kill that 1 last mob
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • __IcemanJLF_ - Sanctuary
    __IcemanJLF_ - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I had the same experience when i first started PW. (on Sanctuary)
    I responded to a high level squad helping with your FB19 ....

They told me to tab right away, and then ran right through, and killed boss without caring about my other quests. they also took all drops (i didnt know at time what good drops were, or that tab holder should get 3* and molds - i think a mold had even dropped though i didnt know what it was)

I ran across a cpl of people the next day that were looking to help for FBs, and explained what happened. they gladly ran it through for me to finish the quests without a tab. I ended up joining their faction.

I hate that there are people that will take advantage of the inexperienced players like that, but is good to know that there are also good people out there as well.

if you whisper to anyone that is offering to do an FB and explain situation, they will usually help out, as it doesn't really take that lnog
  • Missesvemon - Harshlands
    Missesvemon - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ty guys, i had comethin lke that happen i went through the whole quest then didnt havea enough rep b:cry so ty for telling me ppl will use u like that, ill look out 4 that

ps thats y im lvl 20 im triyn gto get the rep