harshlands dead or alive?

fuhjeebies
fuhjeebies Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
ok so i am only a nubsy lvl 15 archer but i wondered why only maybe 3 guilds have territories? is there a massive level gap or has there been that much drama that the server population went walkies??

idc about having a quiet server tbh i like it more....but i was wondering about these guilds in control at the moment i mean QQme,crimson and kingdom
i have no idea what happened but i take it a big fuss kicked off and damn nearly wiped the server??

anyhow just Fuhjeebies sayin' allo and don't pk me when i hit 30 lolz ^^
Post edited by fuhjeebies on

Comments

• parbobeats12345
    parbobeats12345 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yeap, kingdom basicly owns the map, and QQme is coming close to taking crimsons lands. crimson is the 3rd.. kylin 4th but they are probably gonna get killed by QQme.. so it will end up QQme and Kingdom have all lands lol.

oh and welcome, just keep trying when QQme pks u..they are lame cuz they PK lowbies to raise in level ranking... just to let u know!!
    can always PM Kingdom for help, they are the good guys!
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i am not bothered about being pk'ed lol i keep myself to myself hehe being able to fly at lvl 1 helps for the afk side of things immensely (table top mountains ftw)

just thought maybe more guilds would have lands but TW is a mystery to me so i have no idea how it works lol

thanx for the warm welcome hehe
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The server is far from dead, but most guilds do not own land. A few attack each other on the territories still in the hands of smaller guilds though.

It's not so much a huge level gap, as small guilds have a harder time recruiting because people are more attracted to guilds with salary and perks like land in general. They don't merge together to become stronger, so they just stay small basically. The level gap is a secondary drawback.

More people will level up and more of the smaller guilds will eventually merge together and grow, and the server will seem a little more full that way. Just gotta be patient. Btw there are no "good guys" lol. There are helpful people to be found in pretty much any guild in Harshlands.
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The Territory map shouldn't be used to judge the server activity. A lot of changes have happened to it over the past month. There used to be about ten different land-owning guilds there, but change happens. A guild called Last Stand used to own a lot of land, but it disbanded and redisbursed to other guilds. The land was then "free" so guilds who had nearby land were able to attack and claim it. The same happened with Mercenary lands around the same time, nearby guild lands and guilds without lands went in and grabbed what they could. Since there is a series of Territory Wars every week, the look of the map is always changing. Smaller groups of land get eaten by the bigger ones. Such is the way of conquest.

On the other hand, small groups of land can start swallowing up the bigger ones, too. That was beginning to happen with QQme, they were making good progress in their corner of the map until a particular incident last week that resulted in their leader being the only one able to attend the Territory Wars where QQme land was attacked. He was able to defend some of the land but lost one to a guild that now has land for the first time.

Anyway, the level gap is actually closing somewhat. The guilds that were full of level 15-20 one-two months ago have gotten older and bigger, catching up in level to some of the major players. I think that in the next few weeks we'll start seeing more Unlanded guilds trying for a spot on the TW map. Should be fun :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
    edited June 2009
    thanks for the info people hehe

i guess that by the time i hit level 60 ish (my goal before pvp madness kicks in ^^) that alot will have changed between now and then i just wondered why 3 major guilds had most of the land but now am thinking it's non of my business lol

gad to see a pvp server with drama anyhow players need drama to keep the grinding sane hehe

i have been looking for info on requirements for setting up a guild but that will come in time i don't wanna chew too much at once lol
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    You'll be able to set up a Guild when you reach level 20. There's a Faction NPC in Archosaur that can help you with that. I think the cost is 100,000 coins.

My guild doesn't have any land, but the fact that we aren't too visibly known actually makes playing the game a bit more peaceful. The largest guilds are always fighting each other with massive Kill On Sight campaigns. Most guilds have KoS lists but when you have smaller numbers and fewer enemies it's easy going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2009
    hehe yeh keep it quiet until it's time to pwn that way nobody knows yer strengths/numbers

i tend to use backwater mob spots and rest out of site anyhow tbh

i do see alot of QQme red quite abit tho
    but yeh back on topic hehe
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Give it another 3 months and the map will be almost 1 color like any other pvp server.
  • Iffy - Harshlands
    Iffy - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Give it another 3 months and the map will be almost 1 color like any other pvp server.

puke green b:spit
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    puke green b:spit

3 months = 12 tws + 2 lands already = no sorry u lose
  • Alyja - Harshlands
    Alyja - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009

yay CQ!!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ixta - Harshlands
    Ixta - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Server is not far from dead? it's has both feet in the freaking tomb.

Not necessarily due to PVP actually, I think people rushed to 90 and are leaving.

Aion is taking a lot of people away from the game.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Harshlands is more active than ever, not sure what the high levels are up to but the under-30 levels are pretty well populated right now, and the Archosaur catland stretches further and thicker than it ever did.

I brought my barb alt up to 2x just this weekend and people are EVERYWHERE in the starter areas. This is the fifth character I've brought to 20 and the early Archosaur quests have more people competing for the mobs than I've ever seen before. new guilds are cropping up every two minutes recruiting people.

I think we're just fine. It's definitely lively down in lowbieland :) And that level of activity should start to trickle up to the higher levels over the next couple of weeks. A lot of the lowbies I've come across seem to be online a lot so it could be even sooner.

Keep in mind it's Summer now and PWE had an impressive booth at E3. We'll be seeing more people joining, and people playing more hours.

Look down below you... we're coming up XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1-30 is kinda the "Learning curve" so to speak ; its where everyone gets adapted to the game and how it works. Generally speaking, only 1/3rd of those people will actually keep playing after 30 (most will leave due to the insanely high gold price), so judging how alive a sever is by its lowbie-areas isnt a very good measure.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If this is your first character

A. You won't understand the gold concept for quite some time
    B. You wouldn't have been in any other server to know gold is a ripoff here
    C. There really is no reason to buy gold in this game except for hp charms. Until you are into more serious PvP - lets just say 60+ for simplicity, there's no reason to use gold on anything. It's more of a convenience that helps people that already know what they're doing.

Everytime I pass by battlemark village during WQ it's PACKED. Unfortunately by the time any of these people get to a reasonable level half the server will be gone.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    1-30 is kinda the "Learning curve" so to speak ; its where everyone gets adapted to the game and how it works. Generally speaking, only 1/3rd of those people will actually keep playing after 30 ...

Which is why I said that the influx of new members will TRICKLE up to the higher levels. I didn't say they'd tsunami the game and take over the world map. Though that'd be funny.

Considering the incoming flow of new members is picking up and many of them are advancing fairly quickly, we should see at least some minimal-modest impact on the post-30 levels soon. It really is a benchmark level especially on our server because of the PvP aspect. It will slow down leveling and even scare some people off.

While not all of the newbies will be staying, they won't all be leaving either. And the gold prices aren't too bad. Especially when it comes to the CS items, those are going for more reasonable amounts than the gold itself, more comparable to the rates on the other servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]