Sword / Axe hybrid?

Options
toshirohishima
toshirohishima Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
Anybody know a good way to make a sword / axe hybrid? I've had decent success thus far (at level 44), but level 47 axes require 143 str, and I won't have that much until almost 10 levels later when I can probably get dual blades stronger than those axes. Not that I wouldn't still want them because it is always a good idea to be able to switch to axes for aoe's, but does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Potential solutions I've found:
- Try to find axes with -10% requirement. Not exactly easy to do.
- Refine axes from a lower level. Rather costly.
- Sacrifice vit in order to raise str. Not really something I want to do.
Post edited by toshirohishima on

Comments

• Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Anybody know a good way to make a sword / axe hybrid? I've had decent success thus far (at level 44), but level 47 axes require 143 str, and I won't have that much until almost 10 levels later when I can probably get dual blades stronger than those axes. Not that I wouldn't still want them because it is always a good idea to be able to switch to axes for aoe's, but does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Potential solutions I've found:
    - Try to find axes with -10% requirement. Not exactly easy to do.
    - Refine axes from a lower level. Rather costly.
    - Sacrifice vit in order to raise str. Not really something I want to do.

From my understanding on this...

As you get higher level you won't have as much of an issue with the attribute points. If you sacrifice enough Vit you will be fine, i've gotten to 77 with almost nothing in vit. Had 2k less hp for a long time, just pot or get hp charms. As you level up, you will be able to even things out alot more, and the lacking Vit won't be as much of an issue.
  • Mordraug - Sanctuary
    Mordraug - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    From my understanding on this...

As you get higher level you won't have as much of an issue with the attribute points. If you sacrifice enough Vit you will be fine, i've gotten to 77 with almost nothing in vit. Had 2k less hp for a long time, just pot or get hp charms. As you level up, you will be able to even things out alot more, and the lacking Vit won't be as much of an issue.

ok cool, thanks for the help.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ok cool, thanks for the help.

No problem. :)
  • konrad77
    konrad77 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    this is what i did when it comes to stats on my hybrid

even str 3 dex 2
    odd str 3 dex 1 vit 1

this way i can equip axes/swords that are my level
  • Nirveli - Sanctuary
    Nirveli - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    konrad77 wrote: »
    this is what i did when it comes to stats on my hybrid

even str 3 dex 2
    odd str 3 dex 1 vit 1

this way i can equip axes/swords that are my level

Or maybe you can get the STR requirement for Axes, DEX requirement for Swords/Blades, and the left points into VIT.

Just for you to know, the end-game all-weapon build would be 299 STR, 50 (or any amount you like) VIT and the rest into DEX.
  • Toki_wa_kane - Sanctuary
    Toki_wa_kane - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    bah for hybrid axes and swords jus put the required amount in strg and dex put some of it in vit too cuz if u have really low vit then wats the point in using axes since u wont be able to aoe grind for ****
    but ur choice and if u want u can jus get some gears with + vit on them or other stats one em jus to help u distribute ur attribute points
    b:bye
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    can anyone here verify that the build above ^^ is the correct axe/sword hybrid build?
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    can anyone here verify that the build above ^^ is the correct axe/sword hybrid build?

go check requeriments on blacksmith
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • konrad77
    konrad77 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

i can verify this built cause im using it, it workds trust me XD sword/axeXD
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    For axes, right now, most likely your going to max your STR at 272 or 287.

272 will give you the ability to carry the calloused lionheart axes(legendary level 90) or Star Axes (90TT)

287 will give you the ability to carry brothers of fear(ultimates...prolly next to impossible to actually get)

Yeah
    A true AXE/Sword Hybrid build would be a 6str/3dex/1vit, or a 6str/4dex build, the latter giving you the option of using any of the paths tu there fullest capacity.

for the OP...Depending on what your intention are to do with the axes would really be the deciding factor. If you are using them in a pinch, when you get ganked by multiple mobs, then carrying the latest axes may not be a must. If your trying to make a whole hearted switch from swords to axes, then your going to have to sacrifice your DEX and VIT.

If you want to be a true hybrid, and be able to maximize both weapon paths to their fullest, you do so at a loss of VIT. It can be costly if you like your higher VIT, cause it will require you to refine, charm, pot....whatever you feel like you have to do to compensate for the VIT your missing out on.

But, I am guessing your VIT is prolly aroun 45-50 right now, with no gear bonuses. Many people will cap their VIT at 50-60 anyway. Not all, but some feel that is plenty.

Your VIT is soley based on your play style. If you can find ways to take less damage from mobs, using marrow, sutras, or just potting, Diamond sutra or staying charmed, you can have fine survivability with that level of VIT
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear