Flash Fire vs Winds and Clouds at 80...

Aurorie - Dreamweaver
Aurorie - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Hello everyone, as I am quickly approaching 80 I had a couple of quick questions about the popular weapon for the level: Flash Fire.

I currently have a Winds and Clouds +5 (2 Flawless Garnet) as my weapon, and as I look at Flash Fire, even refined to +4/5... it doesn't seem like that large of an improvement for me when I compare the DoT with .77 vs .63 attacks per second. I realize for PvP and TW Flash Fire will probably be the superior choice because of the higher burst damage (but even considering that... not THAT much better?), but am I wrong in thinking that Winds and Clouds will still be far superior in PvE?

And if this is the case, is Flash Fire really only worth the coin because it upgrades to Blinding Radiance at 90?

Thanks in advanced for all your input =)
Post edited by Aurorie - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wind and the Clouds is sufficient for 80s PvE. This is especially true if you get a -Interval bracer.
  • Aurorie - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    I realize it would most certainly be sufficient to grind my way through the mid-late 80s with Winds and Clouds.

I guess my real question is if Flash Fire is even really a big improvement over Winds and Clouds, or more of just an investment towards Blinding Radiance at 90?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My apologies, but I do not know. Aside from FB19 quest weapon and TT60, I tend to avoid crossbows.

Reference: Lady Annor's Weapon Progression Guide.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    when u are using takeaim/deadly to try and skip charm on squishies or cycling lightning skills on HA u will notice a pretty decent dmg difference between W&C and flash fire.
    as for is it that big an improvement? that depends on how u pvp, if u avoid HA most of the time and just use normal atks to overwhelm squishy then W&C might actually be better in pvp for u. but if u are 1 of those who use skills 24/7 then flashfire is much much better.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    flashfire spikes far higher than wind and clouds in pvp. it's min damage is not much lower than wind and clouds either.

although i suppose if you +5 the wind and clouds...and dont want to do the same to a flashfire in expectation of decomposing it, then the wind and clouds wins
  • Aurorie - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    So essentially, Flash Fire would only be better if I spam skills in PvP. Otherwise Winds/Clouds would be the superior choice?

And this situation has continued my line of thinking then... is the path to Blinding Radiance even worth it if Flash Fire isn't that good? It seems to me that Windcatcher is quite similar to Radiance when you factor in the -interval/+range on it. How much better is Radiance compared to Windcatcher then?
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So essentially, Flash Fire would only be better if I spam skills in PvP. Otherwise Winds/Clouds would be the superior choice?

And this situation has continued my line of thinking then... is the path to Blinding Radiance even worth it if Flash Fire isn't that good? It seems to me that Windcatcher is quite similar to Radiance when you factor in the -interval/+range on it. How much better is Radiance compared to Windcatcher then?

You wanna know use this site then.

edit - when i looked at it +5 flash with 2 flawless has almost the same base damage with 1k+ higher top end then a +5 flawless wind and cloud. 2.7k-5kish for flash and 2.7-4kish for wind and clouds. Im too lazy to link and save it so you do it -.- ...
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You wanna know use this site then.

edit - when i looked at it +5 flash with 2 flawless has almost the same base damage with 1k+ higher top end then a +5 flawless wind and cloud. 2.7k-5kish for flash and 2.7-4kish for wind and clouds. Im too lazy to link and save it so you do it -.- ...

Nah the damage on that site is incorect, the formula of dex is not right.