Patk rings

Options
Sorbik - Lost City
Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cleric
Scenario: Territory war, catapult party. This means you are full buffed. Is it worth it using refined patk rings for pdef?

+5 lvl 88 rings give 155 pdef each. Thats 310 pdef from two rings. +120% of that from WR and EP pdef buffs, thats an accumulated 682 pdef extra, only at +5.

I've noticed that catapult pullers don't really die (especially with the help of genies) until I die. Turtle/dew of stars/solid shield/genie skills etc. Are usually always up when the catpult is in the enemy base, so the heals required for them to survive don't have to be too strong...

Usually catapult pullers only die when they get purged/dragons and ultied, and theres not much heals can do vs that, it all depends on the purify.

The point is, non-spike damage won't kill catapult pullers, as genie skills, heals, apothecary pots, and heiros make it very hard.

It is arguable, then, that ironhearts which tick for ~75 health less won't drastically change the outcome of life/death for a catapult puller. (~75 per tick becomes ~225 per tick when 3 ironhearts are stacked.)

So, is it worth it? Interchanging two magic rings for two pdef rings? Also put into account that pdef rings have better hp mods. Usually when I am healing a catapult, and I have a phoenix on me, it's that much harder to survive. I can plume shell, guardian light, plume shell, heaven spark (<3 chi skill), plume shell, apothecary pot, plume shell and be safe from nixes for the most part.. But If i get purged out of a defensive skill, buffed nixes can peck for upwards of 1k... The extra pdef can help me survive until I can get another plume shell up, and the longer I stay alive, the longer a catapult puller can survive.
Post edited by Sorbik - Lost City on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    it's worth it, to an extent. if you can get a nice amount of -chan on your matk rings, definitly stay with those. otherwise, the little amount of pdef goes a long ways after buffs.
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol you know i was thinking about doing that a few weeks ago- but i already have like 6-7 magic rings in my inventory (~3-4 more in bank and mailbox). Not really much room to play with. =X
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Or just get these rings: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16034
    They're supposed to be 200 Def, dunno why the site doesn't list it.

But whatever works. You're only losing around 1k attack.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't know what heal you're using in TW, but if you are using Ironheart or Stream of Rejuvenation, you're losing much more than 75 healing.

Also....why don't you just refine your neck and belt one higher, that will give you the same bonus as +5'ing two different rings.
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    plume shell, guardian light, plume shell, heaven spark (<3 chi skill), plume shell, apothecary pot, plume shell

I lol'd.

@Tryagain, refining the neck + belt won't give 310 pdef. You'd prob have to refine em twice which would cost alot more than 2 sep rings.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well, your idea is not that bad, Im not an expert, but just to point out, you should only consider the cleric p def buff, getting the WR buff is not always as fast and available as the clerics (your own).
    So to those 310 p def just add the clerics buff
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Scenario: Territory war, catapult party. This means you are full buffed.

Zorish, the OP was only considering this from a TW view with full buffs, so adding BM buff is reasonable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Or just get these rings: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16034
    They're supposed to be 200 Def, dunno why the site doesn't list it.

But whatever works. You're only losing around 1k attack.

"Just get these rings" lol! Those rings are extremely hard to get, there currently is only one CV ring on Lost City (As far as I know) and Yoshiki has it, who is the leader of a big guild so has a lot of people farming for him, and is also a major cash shopper. The average PW player will most likely have quit before obtaining these rings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    eh. they're not that hard. i've fought the bosses that drop the mats. there's someone now with 3/4 black images for his cv fist, he has the green cv fist ready to break. someone else is making the 5% hp pdef necklace.

they're "average" players.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    "Just get these rings" lol! Those rings are extremely hard to get, there currently is only one CV ring on Lost City (As far as I know) and Yoshiki has it, who is the Director of a big guild so has a lot of people farming for him, and is also a major cash shopper. The average PW player will most likely have quit before obtaining these rings.

Corrected for you b:cute

Anyways...Sorbik, I think that you have a good idea, however I would be curious to know what your pdef is. I wear pdef ornaments to make up for the lack of it.

As far as the rings go, it might make some sense considering you/clerics in Cata parties tend to heal and support only.

However, I am not sure if it is completely worth it to +5 2 patk rings just for TW. b:surrender The only way I can see it maybe being an issue is if you have -channeling rings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Corrected for you b:cute

Anyways...Sorbik, I think that you have a good idea, however I would be curious to know what your pdef is. I wear pdef ornaments to make up for the lack of it.

As far as the rings go, it might make some sense considering you/clerics in Cata parties tend to heal and support only.

However, I am not sure if it is completely worth it to +5 2 patk rings just for TW. b:surrender The only way I can see it maybe being an issue is if you have -channeling rings.

Tho I said i dont use- it can be worth it, you just have to find a good ring. Switching from mag to phy ring loses a few hundred magic attack. You need to offset that a bit by using a phys ring with + magic bonus. These can be pretty cheap because normally magic bonus isnt desired on phys rings.

I have a lvl 88 3* phys ring with +8 magic. So with that you can lose ~100 magic attack less roughly. +4 --> +116Phys, +5 ---> +155Phys, which would improve survivability in tw. A +mag +hp phys ring is better tho but i wasnt able to find something like that back when i was looking for one.

But again i didnt try doing this because i think i have a decent phys already+ no inv space. =X
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't know what heal you're using in TW, but if you are using Ironheart or Stream of Rejuvenation, you're losing much more than 75 healing.

Also....why don't you just refine your neck and belt one higher, that will give you the same bonus as +5'ing two different rings.

75 per ironheart tick