Skills to max and what to get next

JettaBugg - Heavens Tear
JettaBugg - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
Lvl ummmm 35 or 36 wizard here.

If you seasoned Wizards could please list the skills to max right away. This includes shields and all that as well.

Then the skills to get next.

One specific question though, Dragon's Breath, get it or leave it?
Post edited by JettaBugg - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    skills to max ASAP?

Pyrogram
    Gush
    Stone Barrier
    Distance Shrink
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Max your basic 3 attacks; Pyrogram, Gush and Stone Rain, you'll be using those a lot even at high levels. Max Stone Barrier too, get a few levels of Distance Shrink and Glacial Embrace. Leave Dragon's Breath for now; you won't need it for another 25 levels. Get sandstorm and 39 and upgrade whenever possible.

That's pretty much all you'll be able to handle for now; you'll run out of spirit points fast.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Don't forget Will of the Phoenix (I can never remember if there is a the). Stone rain is all you need until about levle 60 to max and even then the others can wait. Wellspring Quaff get it to lvl 5 before lvl 59. Get Dragon's Breath and IF (big if here) you have enough extra spirit in the 6x's lvl it. Also Stone Rain imo doesn't need to be lvled until you choose sage/demon after you get sandstorm. Sandstorm max it yesterday and the same goes for distance shrink. Only get 1 lvl in emberstorm until you have nothing left to buy it's terrible. As for the other spells get 1 lvl in everything and go toward your taste
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
    edited June 2009
    I kept SR leveled because it's a nice finisher pre-60. It's more personal preferance to max nukes(get Div. Pyro up to lv5 unless you feel like maxing it). Will of the pheonix is kinda love and hate, only useful against melee mobs and those seem to dissappear around lv.60. Read DTones guide as well(it's stickied), that gives a rundown of all skills and which are worth maxing.

• Kristoph - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    - Divine Pyro sucks for anything other than an opener or for sutra; max it around 60-70, don't bother getting it past 1 before that.
    - Phoenix should be ignored until you near 70, that's when you can start using it for magic mobs, before that, Lv1 will do for the knockback effect
    - Stone Rain HAS to be maxed, it's one of your most important skills, and you'll spam it a lot if you train in the water during 38-41, 50-60 and 75-90
    - Don't get more than 1 Dragon Breath unless you plan on zhenning during the 60's and higher, and even then, leave it at a low level, for lower MP costs
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    DB is not worth lvling. Mine is at 3 I think and I never died in a zhen and the pullers could never brought the next wave before the previous was dead. True, you're gonna tank more dmg, but ...I don't think its worth the SP you put in it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JettaBugg - Heavens Tear
    JettaBugg - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Awesome! Thanks everyone. This is very very helpful.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ya my DB is at 3 also. uhhh i right now i have all shields maxed, pyro, gush stone rain maxed and those are the ones i been focusing on basically
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Level DB to higher level at 75+ for gamma. I hate it when the next wave comes when the previous has not been killed yet because my DB is too low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Kristoph, WoPh is amazingly craptacular for magic/ranged mobs, the 10m range is constant and magic mobs always have a higher range than that,

They start to channel,
    You run towards them,
    They launch the spell as you begin channeling,
    After they are pushed a second of their spells are launched at you
    (replace spell with arrow/rock for ranged physical/rock throwers)

My DB's at lv.9 out of personal preferance and it also gives pretty high constant dps(around 6k every tick).

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if u plan to use phoenix successfully without being touched by magic mobs:

hit them 2, maybe 3 times depending on -chant gear.

before they start charging their attack, u should be running towards them to use your push.

this works for a specific reason, and that's that it takes time for the server to connect to the movement of your character. you'll already be charging/used your phoenix bytime the monster starts charging its own.

it pushes them back far enough to cancel their charge, assuming it's a decent level.
    edited June 2009
    I think mines lv.5 and I'm also playing from the UK so maybe I'm getting some lag. I still prefer FoW over it anyday.

• Kristoph - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Kristoph, WoPh is amazingly craptacular for magic/ranged mobs, the 10m range is constant and magic mobs always have a higher range than that,

They start to channel,
    You run towards them,
    They launch the spell as you begin channeling,
    After they are pushed a second of their spells are launched at you
    (replace spell with arrow/rock for ranged physical/rock throwers)
    Like Forp said, it only works if you start running towards them long before they start casting. For me as LA, DPyro-Pyro-Phoenix-Pyro was an easy way to kill any metal magic mob around 71+, which is when I got Phoenix to 9. Lv8 Phoenix should work too, though. Either way, the point is that the pushback is instant like Distance Shrink, as soon as the server registers that the skill succesfully channeled, the server will place the mob 18m (or slightly less, depending on level) backwards, meaning it'll cancel their channeling.

And yes, it only works for magic, physical mobs will still hit you twice if you try, so don't bother. I personally feel Phoenix > Force of Will because Phoenix is worth upgrading earlier, it's a 39 skill so it's cheaper to level, it does damage rather than only making them run away and it's a good DPS skill in general. I left FoW at 1 until 76ish.

I live in the Netherlands, so lag doesn't have much to do with it. Get Phoenix to 8 or 9 and try it out, it'll work.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I live in the Netherlands, so lag doesn't have much to do with it. Get Phoenix to 8 or 9 and try it out, it'll work.

Gezelligb:victory

My phoenix is still lvl 2 only, I hate using it against magic mobs. Glacial snare-sandstorm-gush-pyro kills almost all mobs before they can hit me anyway, so there really isnt much use for phoenix for me. Just personal pref though. My glacial is 8, which is kinda expensive (getting it to 10 when I can), but for me its worth every coin it costs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Alternatively you can blink at them and use WoP
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Gezelligb:victory

My phoenix is still lvl 2 only, I hate using it against magic mobs. Glacial snare-sandstorm-gush-pyro kills almost all mobs before they can hit me anyway, so there really isnt much use for phoenix for me. Just personal pref though. My glacial is 8, which is kinda expensive (getting it to 10 when I can), but for me its worth every coin it costs.

i think lvl 7 phoenix is enough for you to push mobs so far they cancel channel but even then you'll need good timing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.