Unwanted PK

Derfy - Lost City
Derfy - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
Is there some sort of glitch where you can hit people even with pvp off? I had it happen to me i aoe'd with my shield icon up and all pvp off and killed someone. I would have been pissed if i woulda got killed and lost my mount or something because of this. Also wasted 2 hours of my time cause i went red. Oh and i couldnt have hit control on accident since i dont play with the keyboard so i dont have control near my buttons(i have to reach up to keys to push it). When i pvp i change to the sword icon manually then fight! If there is something where that happens, could ya suggest the dev's fix it?
[/SIGPIC]So many roads to ease my soul...
Post edited by Derfy - Lost City on

Comments

• vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    On PvP servers, after level 30, it's always on outside instances. Unless I'm mistaken, everyone outside of your squad is subject to being killed by an AoE. Not sure how you could get to 70+ on a PvP server and not already be familiar with the hazards of being on a PvP server.

You can only go red if you have pk mode turned on yourself. You can only hurt other people if they are also in pk mode.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lvl 72 on lost city not knowing about that, now thats something you dont see everyday
  • Roto - Heavens Tear
    Roto - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    *must not laugh*.............oh who am i kidding b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Thanks for the laugh i really needed 1

b:thanks
    "Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There is no turning PvP on or off on Lost City or Harshlands - they're 24/7 PvP servers for anyone level 30 and above. No off button. o0;

The shield, I believe, only keeps you from, say, double clicking on a person then launching into Auto-attack, or having clicked on someone then using a direct attack. It prevents Targeting itself.

But an AoE attack does not target. You have to click a mob to start using it, but anyone in the range that isn't in your Protected list (squad, faction...) is just out of luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i think that spells "bought account"
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i think that spells "bought account"

QFT

I was thinking the same thing lolb:victory
  • Derfy - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I cant believe you guys have got this far in life without being able to read or think lol!!!! Some of ya replied without even reading my post cause what ya said doesn't even make sense. Please learn to read about the game ya play before you opening your mouth and ya might not look so stupid. There's this thing its a little icon next to your mini map (for those of ya directionally challenged)when there's a shield in there you can't attack another player without holding control, regardless of what server your on. Oh and its never done that to me before, I aoe next to people with that shield on all the time and it don't attack them. I also saw someone saying something about it in WC today so I'm guessing there's others having the problem. Please can i get a response from someone who's not a complete Tard. THX
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Actually guys, he's right. If you have the filter on then even when you AOE next to someone it won't hit them because you have the filter set to not hit white names or something of the sort. I forgot I had mine on the other day and went to aoe a kill stealer and it didn't hit them >.< but I don't know, perhaps the patch messed it up? If they're pink, purple or red named then it will still hit them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Derfy - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    You can actually have the shield set to not attack any player including red ones without holding control. Being a BM it's especially great for aoe grinding. That's what i was wondering if this is happening to others. But most people obviously don't even know what the shield is let alone what it does. So it probably doesn't happen much. I did see someone mention it in WC today so i know it has happened to others. I was really hoping to get a GM attention with this post cause i figured it might be a glitch with the last patch, and if so this is a biggie. I coulda lost my mount or something and it wouldn't have been my fault. I have a question for a GM, if that would have happened would i have been given another 3m/s Devas to replace the one i would of unfairly lost? I hope you guys read this soon and figure out whats going on before some real bad stuff happens to people. THX, as always i really appreciate any help given. I do my best to learn everything i can about the game and help others to do the same. Oh thx for a great event today guys i had alot of fun!!! I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!