Customer Support scam or legit?

Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
ok so i sent a ticket asking them to change my email address because my current 1 got **** and was full of spam. in order to change my current email address i have to provide the following:

(edited since it is contents from a PWE email. As stated in the forum rules, this is not allowed.)

with the secret Question and Answer anyone can reset my password, so is this legit or a scam?

edit* the email i got didnt tell me how to reply back either by email or by customer support ticket again.
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Er wait... mm not sure.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its legit, no worries
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    its legit, no worries

have u ever given them all these info?
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yes, i have.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalokaro
    kalokaro Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have as well, and other than them asking the wrong secret question to my answer, all went smoothly.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I wouldnt be worried so long as I was sure it was PWI im actually dealing with. Considering they already have all that information anyway.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its PWI and legit, its standard proceedure to make sure its YOU who wants it changed and not a hacker.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    its PWI and legit, its standard proceedure to make sure its YOU who wants it changed and not a hacker.

ok so how would i sent the info? by replying to the email or resubmit ticket?
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    how you get **** in PW ? ;D
    edit: you're in LC no wonder shared acc or bot prog had keylogzer ^^
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tickets are all good. If your not getting answers, and it happens to be the weekend, it's because the GM's take weekends off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Wow. I love your imagination.
    Now read the original post again, carefully, word by word, outloud, to yourself.
    Get a dictionary if needed.

Hint: Find the correct "account" being discussed. No, its not his pwi account that was ****.
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    ok so i sent a ticket asking them to change my email address because my current 1 got **** .
    Wow. I love your imagination.
    Now read the original post again, carefully, word by word, outloud, to yourself.
    Get a dictionary if needed.

Hint: Find the correct "account" being discussed. No, its not his pwi account that was ****.

maybe u should read again ? i just wonder why all "****" accounts are in pvp server ^^
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    this is all info u give the when u register for an account
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ok so i sent a ticket asking them to change my email address

you sent a ticket = not a scam, kthx b:victory
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    maybe u should read again ? i just wonder why all "****" accounts are in pvp server ^^

They said that their email account had been ****. They didn't say anything about their PWI account being ****. Please jump on the fail boat to nowheresville.
    ok so i sent a ticket asking them to change my email address because my current 1 got **** and was full of spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    They said that their email account had been ****. They didn't say anything about their PWI account being ****. Please jump on the fail boat to nowheresville.

please reply with your own acc and not alt..it doesnt matter if ur email etc got **** in fact u got **** anyways and u deserved that **** happens when u bot duhduh okee ?
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    reply to the ticket. always reply to the ticket. dont leave them hanging. don't do this to them again, this happens everytime! why does this always happen to ME!!?? Why don't you love me anymore, why why whyw hyw hwy whwyh
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you sent a ticket = not a scam, kthx b:victory
    He's worried about a random scam email happening to arrive by coincidence right after he submitted the ticket.

And you really should switch the ticket submissions over to an SSL connection. Anything sent by email or over a regular web browser connection (like the current ticket submissions page) is sent in plaintext. Anyone snooping the network at any hop along the way can just read everything - logins, passwords, security questions and answers, etc. that's submitted in the email or ticket. Your account logins are SSL encrypted, so it should be trivial to do the same for ticket submissions.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    please reply with your own acc and not alt..it doesnt matter if ur email etc got **** in fact u got **** anyways and u deserved that **** happens when u bot duhduh okee ?

This is my own account. I am not the OP. My email address has never been ****.

It's ok, though, one day you will learn to read, and not jump to hasty conclusions.

Oh, and accusing me of botting now? Too funny. Seriously, it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Arguing for arguing sake is still arguing.

[closed]
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
This discussion has been closed.