Barbarian or archer?

Options
Neylyana - Lost City
Neylyana - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
which class is better for low lvls (30-40) in PvP? Barb or arch? Why?
Post edited by Neylyana - Lost City on

Comments

• XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Archer is better for PvP cuz u willl almost never get hit

barbs stink cuz u will always get hit and barbs arent supposed to go PvP tilll lvl 70 and up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • AssasinBlast - Heavens Tear
    AssasinBlast - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Archers are better because they have 3 times more atk and evasion
  • AngelicOne - Heavens Tear
    AngelicOne - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    and all those nasty little combo attacks. >.> way to much dd ability before I can get close
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    which class is better for low lvls (30-40) in PvP? Barb or arch? Why?

Depends on what you're playing for PVP or PVE.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    archers until barbs can get misty rings.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Archer is far better at like lvl 1-70 or so, you can start wacking ppl easily at like lvl 40 lol. While low lvl barbs are just painfull to play and suck in both pvp and pve. But once barbs get xs and misty rings, skill upgrades, decent hp and stop missing 50% of the time they outshine archers in pvp 1v1 any day.
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    wow an actual lvl 100 archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    archers until barbs can get misty rings.

True Quoteb:laughb:chuckle
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Archer is far better at like lvl 1-70 or so, you can start wacking ppl easily at like lvl 40 lol. While low lvl barbs are just painfull to play and suck in both pvp and pve. But once barbs get xs and misty rings, skill upgrades, decent hp and stop missing 50% of the time they outshine archers in pvp 1v1 any day.

those 2 r false and pvp in 1vs1 against wb 8x vs 8x =archer winnin is slim but not impossible :P

aim low, normal(normal crits for 1k), stun 1 sec b4 aim low freeze is gone,normal,(tick), pop ur winged shield, hope he misses his stun, thunder with crits,(wingspan if on the brink of deathb:victory
  • Snipah - Lost City
    Snipah - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    those 2 r false and pvp in 1vs1 against wb 8x vs 8x =archer winnin is slim but not impossible :P

aim low, normal(normal crits for 1k), stun 1 sec b4 aim low freeze is gone,normal,(tick), pop ur winged shield, hope he misses his stun, thunder with crits,(wingspan if on the brink of deathb:victory

yeh lets pray the barb missis his stun that is 100% chance to hit

/facepalm inc!
  • Deathitsou - Harshlands
    Deathitsou - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yeh lets pray the barb missis his stun that is 100% chance to hit

/facepalm inc!

the stun isn't 100% though so there is a really big chance that the stun won't hit though
    the skill is 100% accurate, but the stun on it isn't.

In all though... my barbarian does well at lvl 33 for PvPing. Took 3 5x's to take me down and I was missing 15% of my hits.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Barb stun never misses now. And barb has so much hp even with crits thunder might not kill him. Only class that can really kill a barb (with hp charm) 1 vs 1 is a mage, but few mages can tank the hits of a barb.
  • Deathitsou - Harshlands
    Deathitsou - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Barb stun never misses now. And barb has so much hp even with crits thunder might not kill him. Only class that can really kill a barb (with hp charm) 1 vs 1 is a mage, but few mages can tank the hits of a barb.

The stun isn't 100%, only the skill is. So there is a a big chance that the stun won't happen.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I could occasionally kill barbs in my 80s if they didn't have amazing gear and if my metal skills crit after i ticked charm. But 90+ its pretty much impossible for any archer unless highly refined weapon to take down a fully buffed barb 1v1 (a barb that actually knows how to pvp). Archers just don't do enough dmg to heavy armor and barbs have amazingly high hp.

Also many seem to miss the fact that most barbs now use the genie stun skill. So even if skill miss, they can stun you with genie. So unless u have chi for wings of grace + 79 free movement skill + anti stun pot to combo a barb can pretty much hold u chain stunned and paralyzed like a BM b:cry.

Archers are just like any DD-class really, they need a rich owner, lvl 99+ and a highly refined grade 13 or 14 weapon +10-12 to shine fully in pvp just like wizzies. Until that lvl 80-9X they're pretty mediocre compared to other classes, if same lvl and gear.
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I could occasionally kill barbs in my 80s if they didn't have amazing gear and if my metal skills crit after i ticked charm. But 90+ its pretty much impossible for any archer unless highly refined weapon to take down a fully buffed barb 1v1 (a barb that actually knows how to pvp). Archers just don't do enough dmg to heavy armor and barbs have amazingly high hp.

Also many seem to miss the fact that most barbs now use the genie stun skill. So even if skill miss, they can stun you with genie. So unless u have chi for wings of grace + 79 free movement skill + anti stun pot to combo a barb can pretty much hold u chain stunned and paralyzed like a BM b:cry.

Archers are just like any DD-class really, they need a rich owner, lvl 99+ and a highly refined grade 13 or 14 weapon +10-12 to shine fully in pvp just like wizzies. Until that lvl 80-9X they're pretty mediocre compared to other classes, if same lvl and gear.

Yea barb just have so much hp to kill for archers.Even all those combo actually works the barb could just use tree of protection b:surrender

Oh by the way whats the genie stun skill u talking about? Can a cleric use it?b:dirty
    edited July 2009
    Options
    barbs are the best 1v1 pkers in the game. archers come 2nd . (at 90+) after 90 with decent +7/+8 gears. we get 18k+ hp in human form. the only way to kill us would be spark and some lucky crits, in which case if i ever see someone use 3rd spark, i just pop a Solid Shield (genie skill, 60% damage reduction) and no worries... its kinda unfair.

barbs are work extremely well for group PvP, with our buffs, and our ability to take out single target squishies extremely fast, as we have the fastest skills in the game.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i know its between barb and EA here, but you said barbs are the best 1v1 pk class. as far as i know a good nix > barb ...

and yeah barb>EA for sure
    edited July 2009
    Options
    a nix at 100 couldnt touch a barb with +8/+9 gears.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    a nix at 100 couldnt touch a barb with +8/+9 gears.

robe veno with +7 or higher hh90 sword can.. purge+amp+ironwood...
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i think archer vs barb is a Tie cuz archers dont have the power to kill WB untill 9x with a three spark and most WB cant kill EA unless they perdtion
  • Rollf_Copter - Harshlands
    Rollf_Copter - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hope he misses his stun
    what if he doesnt miss his stun? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]