Catshop or AFK Issues

1235»

Comments

• FatalArrow - Dreamweaver
    FatalArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I am having exactly the same problems and so are many friends and I hope this is an issue that will be fixed....SOON! (or sooner b:laugh )
    If it helps here's my dxdiag in code tags since I don't see a place to upload dxdiag as a file: b:shocked [code]
    System Information
    Time of this report: 6/14/2009, 11:28:16
    Machine name: MRBIG
    Operating System: Windows Vista
  • Kohlyka - Heavens Tear
    Kohlyka - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh, I was looking for a thread like this to see if I was alone in this issue or not. Next time I try to set up an over-night kitty stall, I'll make sure to video record it too.

Every time I'd wake up to check on my cat shop, the computer would be frozen with the game screen still on but you can see my taskbar at the bottom (I usuallly run it on full screen so that shouldn't be visible at any time). I've noticed that report bugs thing opened but I could never pull it up because the computer was frozen, in which I resolved by just forcing the computer to shut down (holding the power button, hehe).

I'm somewhat computer illiterate when it comes to the games' issues, so I didn't know what to do. I'll send in a ticket with better info the next time it happens. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Try not to set up yout catshop in Archosaur, especially west Archosaur where everyone else does.

Make sure that your PC meets the system requirements.

Don't have any power saving options turned on on your PC, like to have it turn off the hard drive after a set time, screensaver to turn on, etc.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the fact remains that there is a memory leak issue, adjusting our settings will only help a bit. please encourage the devs to fix it, getting really annoying to set up my shop every few hours with the massive lag in arch. and what is the point of setting the shop somewhere besides archosaur, its where most of the players will visit to shop. setting it someplace else would equate to loss of profit since others won't get access to it. b:angry
  • darthpanda16
    edited June 2009
    @Fallenangelx

Actually, setting up shop in a context sensitive areas in the game world will get you faster and easier profits then spamming shops in West Archosaur.

Setting up shop near relative NPCs, instances, quests, and stuff of that nature works well. The point is to sell items that are convenient for others to pick up in locations that are contextually relative the items that they can be used for.

Let us check out your system and see if we can help you with your issues.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    @Fallenangelx

Actually, setting up shop in a context sensitive areas in the game world will get you faster and easier profits then spamming shops in West Archosaur.

Setting up shop near relative NPCs, instances, quests, and stuff of that nature works well. The point is to sell items that are convenient for others to pick up in locations that are contextually relative the items that they can be used for.

Let us check out your system and see if we can help you with your issues.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased

This isn't just cat shops though, and its a bug in the client, not a particular system property.

I can just stand in west arch, and the UI portion of the client will crash, but it will not log out the character.

Also, the only feedback from GMs now is "dont set up shop in West Archo", but this isn't a solution, its just a work around, and its not a very good one.
    My vendor has been in the same place in West Archo since last September, and people expect to be able to find me there.

I think its funny, that you try to explain where profits are better/worse, when its totally off topic, from fixing this bug.

Patch after Patch goes by, and yet they haven't seemed to make any effort to fix this bug!!!
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I am having exactly the same problems and so are many friends and I hope this is an issue that will be fixed....SOON! (or sooner b:laugh )
    If it helps here's my dxdiag in code tags since I don't see a place to upload dxdiag as a file: b:shocked [code]
    System Information
    Time of this report: 6/14/2009, 11:28:16
    Machine name: MRBIG
    Operating System: Windows Vista

I wouldn't hold your breath, its been in for weeks and weeks now, and no solution seems forthcoming...
  • meezevil
    meezevil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A better workaround than not setting up catshop at all or setting it up where there's little to none customers is to set it up and minimize a game window. The game won't crash then that soon. Of course, when u'll be checking on your shop time after time the memory will still leak, even though it's a short time the game window's active and it will eventually crash, but it'll keep the patient alive for considerably longer period :)

ps: switching client to windowed mode is a good idea, since minimized fullscreen window often silently crashes all by itself, this bug was here forever...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • camrin
    camrin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm still more worried about being able to actually *use* other people's catshops. The video I uploaded shows that it makes no difference what your graphics settings are. Even at their lowest the game still leaks. How is PWI supposed to grow if by growing it causes more and more people's games to crash? I already start to see memory leaks in the other main towns because of this same issue. Are you telling me I shouldn't visit those either? I'm kinda stuck there from level 1-20. This really needs to be fixed, or the growing amount of players will cause a bad experience for everyone. How hard is it to look at the changes done around version 135 and start picking them out? I'd still be more than willing to test changes directly with the developers if they want to get me a debug client to run. I can report results within half an hour of me getting it.
  • darthpanda16
    edited June 2009
    Let us look at your all's systems. Please follow my directions above about sending Tech Support a ticket with your dxdiag and hijackthis logs attached.

Most people have questionable stuff running on their PC, or a hardware/driver issues that report these issues.

Thanks!
  • IRNoob - Heavens Tear
    IRNoob - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Same here, I seriously NEVER dced till the genie patch, after then I DCed atleast 2-3 times a day, and PWI is also very lag ever since.. arch is a nono for me right now with effects on the lowest, while I used to go there with effects on atleast medium.
  • camrin
    edited June 2009
    I have sent logs with tickets. I get no response. So here, here's more information.
    dxdiag.txt
    hijackthis log
    Process Explorer process list

I don't have any extra programs running. There is no malware on this machine. There are no viruses. The OS install itself is barely a month old. All of my drivers are WHQL releases (certified by Microsoft). I know this isn't something wrong with my machine. On top of being a programmer, I also have to manage all of my clients' IT departments. I do this for a living. darthpanda, if you are in touch with the developers, I urge you to get them in contact with me. I can test any resolution they think might resolve this issue. Please stop blaming our systems, though. We're not all computer n00bs.
  • Garalian - Lost City
    Garalian - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have to agree with camrin. i have let my char sit in arch and watch the usage from a fresh installed and opened client go from ~700mb to 1.4gb then crash.

DxDiag
    HiJackThis Log

I have also noticed when it crashes, i still have a perfectworld.exe sitting in my process list taking up over 300mb of memory. at one point in time i looked because my system was sooooo slow, i had 4 running with over 300mb each plus 1 running @ 1.2gb.
  • ghsbryang
    ghsbryang Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah this is getting old now. I sent in two of those bug tickets that pop after the game crashs and i got nothing in return. I am like everyone else this is a new developement and I do not believe it has anything to do with my system. I dont even have to have a shop setup for this to happen. I was just waiting on my cs quest to finish and it happened. I only have 2 gigs of memory so i am sure it happens a lot quicker for me some of you guys with 3 and 4 gigs. I have checked before in other areas the game uses about .150 gigs but in west arch it just keeps climbing. I am a very easy going and understanding guy but I am starting to feel a little put off here. I have spent about $300 on this game so far (which I am sure some of you may have spent more) and all I am asking for is some real answers. If I am wrong and it is something with my system then please forgive me but please help us figure this out.
  • meezevil
    meezevil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Most people have questionable stuff running on their PC, or a hardware/driver issues that report these issues.

Can anything else than a bug of particular software cause memory leak (i.e. not releasing memory the process had allocated before) in that particular process?

Very doubt so.

Bugging the developers until they fix it is the best what can be done here, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • camrin
    edited June 2009
    It is possible. Malware can try to attach itself into the original process and cause it to leak by creating stack problems (when it starts overwriting memory locations). However, newer versions of Windows have more protections in place to prevent that kind of behavior. Not to say it can't still happen, but it's not very likely.

Drivers could also cause the graphics engine to wonk out and behave abnormally, but if NVIDIA's official WHQL drivers are causing problems, it's still the game's fault for not doing things right.
  • Oprescu - Heavens Tear
    Oprescu - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    camrin wrote: »
    It is possible. Malware can try to attach itself into the original process and cause it to leak by creating stack problems (when it starts overwriting memory locations). However, newer versions of Windows have more protections in place to prevent that kind of behavior. Not to say it can't still happen, but it's not very likely.

Drivers could also cause the graphics engine to wonk out and behave abnormally, but if NVIDIA's official WHQL drivers are causing problems, it's still the game's fault for not doing things right.

I have played this game for some time now and before the genies I had no problems with catshop in arch, now I can't sell without using the AH. It pains me a lot since not so many ppl use AH. I have the same problem with the memory usage. The game is starting to build memory usage and then it freezez and this happens only in Arch.

Can u pls make something about this, it's not my pc's fault I already sent tickets after tickets to u guys and u said it's from you. Pls help usb:surrender
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I spoke directly with a GM while in game, had NOTHING else running except system processes, had reinstalled PW, verified the files, had updated the graphic drivers, and it STILL had a memory leak. I was told to try and avoid Archosaur. This is not a viable option since Crazystone and World Quest are both located there, as well as NPCs for those quests. Right now, my client is running at 868,884K. Running at lowest graphics settings does nothing to change this. Closing everything does nothing to change this. It is NOT my computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I get this problem as well, I don't know excessive amounts about computers but my system specs are good. I rarely experience any visual lag in game.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • ghsbryang
    ghsbryang Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    this is the first time it happened to me besides west arch. i wasnt even in a shop. I had been in a shop but i had been out for a couple minutes then up came the bug report. I did what they said I set my shop away from others. There were only 2 others there and not really even close to me. I was in south arch. What is going on? I can't believe they can't reproduce this problem!!!!!!!!
  • darthpanda16
    edited June 2009
    Let us take a look at your hardware, ok?

• Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This issue hurts me... and my feelings... and...
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    This issue hurts me... and my feelings... and...

Everytime someone crashes from the memory leak/catshop issue, a kitten dies.

Please, devs, think of the kittens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • vicwac75
    vicwac75 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's been more than 2 months since the new patch and the catshop crash issue, can't the devs just roll back to the old catshop layout, at least as a temporary measure while they find and fix the problem? I've not been able to sell my drops or buy the stuff that I need, and it's really affecting my gameplay.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2009
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. If there were a quick and easy fix we could apply, we would, but that's just not possible right now. We ARE working on it, and we SHOULD* have a a fix in the next major patch, but I'm unable to provide an ETA for that at the moment.

*Likely, but not 100% guaranteed
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Raialina - Sanctuary
    Raialina - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the update Surtr
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. If there were a quick and easy fix we could apply, we would, but that's just not possible right now. We ARE working on it, and we SHOULD* have a a fix in the next major patch, but I'm unable to provide an ETA for that at the moment.

*Likely, but not 100% guaranteed

Thank you.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    Please double check that your PC meets the system requirements listed at the bottom here:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    System Minimum Requirement
    Operating System Windows Vista
    CPU 1.5Ghz CPU
    RAM 1GB RAM
    Hard Disk 6.3GB of free hard drive space during installation. 3.0GBs of free hard drive space after installation and extracted files are deleted
    Graphic Display Graphics card or chipset must support Pixel and Vertex Shaders 2.0 or later (hardware acceleration recommended), have 128MB of RAM

Suggested Requirement
    Windows Vista
    Pent. 4 equivalent or greater
    2GB or more recommended
    6.3G HD space
    128 MB or higher recommended (Direct X 9.0c or later)

My system
    Windows vista home premium 32bit
    intel core 2 duo
    2.2 GHz
    3 gb RAM
    79GB free hard drive space
    256 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    Direct X 10

I am pretty sure I meet the system requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.