stronger archers

Bows_Spirit - Lost City
Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
imma make this short simple and to the point... maye archers stronger, seems like the only think we got is crit rate andthat really isnt cool (btw, why BM and barb benefit from dex more that archers? that dont seem fair at all)
Post edited by Bows_Spirit - Lost City on

Comments

• vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Um, archers get super high evade, and can 1 shot robe and light users at higher levels, while being able to make a serious dent in heavy. They get a wide area AoE skill which does melee damage (death to everyone other than heavy)... so no.
  • thankssir
    thankssir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    also, you know how hard to it is to kill an archer??? Go onto youtube and look at Transcend. Stop QQing.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Learn to play an archer, they are wonderful. The rule of thumb for all elves, especially archers: Kill them before they reach you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i'm talking about end game, i have experienced it for myself but i've been hearing alot that archers fail at end game. i'm not talkign abotu 6x or 7x :p
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You just suck, level up up more..
    and how the hell do bm's/barb's benefit from dex more?
    I thought it was the same.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i'm talking about end game, i have experienced it for myself but i've been hearing alot that archers fail at end game. i'm not talkign abotu 6x or 7x :p

Even end-game archers tend to pwn majorly. High evade with 10k hp, high crit rate, high physical hit that has a longer distance than any class (even veno pets). If built right, they can do rather well even against barbs and BMs.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Although by all accounts End-game PvP is kinda crappy. Everyone has at least 5kHP and with a hp charm 1v1 becomes a charm ticking contest.

Besides one of your skills lowers ANY opponents health by 10%, which makes FB bosses go down ridiculously fast.

For some reason everyone seems to think their class sucks, and most have threads asking to be powered up.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers are strong enough b:shocked
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    (btw, why BM and barb benefit from dex more that archers? that dont seem fair at all)

I think they gain evasion faster (and, for blademasters, accuracy) because they do not have our range, and because they can not invest heavily in dexterity.

Our dexterity increases our damage with our attacks and skills. Blademasters and Barbarians must split their stats into their strength, for their damage.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yea archers are the underpowered class (not wiz). Get some higher levels and if you still don't like your class change :)
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i humbly ask that you look over all that an archer can do. in pve archer rule i can't say anything about pvp however.

lok at the skill an archer can use.

take aim- you opening attack. if you happen to get a crit hit with this attack chances are the mob a at least 3/4 dead.

knockback arrow. when mobs get too close knock em back:P (altho i DO find it annoying that the range doesn't increase as you level this skill up)

frost arrow- slows down target. i can imagine when you rrach your longest range this skill is VERY handy.

aim low- stun effect personally i rarely use this skill. a combo of take aim, frost arrow and knockback arrow deals with most mobs. but this skill can have it's uses.

then there is the wing span attack that knocks back mobs that come too close to you AND an AOE where you rain arrows down on the enemy. i haven't made it that far up yet but i can see that archers are fine as they are. if there's one thing i hate about them is how they miss so much considering you put so much dex into them.

you want to talk about attack power? try using items that increase your rate of attack. after all the more arrows your fire the better the chances of getting a crit hit. i use a homemade pot and my genie to make my archer a ripid fire machineXD
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you want to talk about attack power? try using items that increase your rate of attack. after all the more arrows your fire the better the chances of getting a crit hit. i use a homemade pot and my genie to make my archer a ripid fire machineXD

So you're a drug user AND have imaginary friends d :

What you say is true though. Archers scare me the most >:
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • IRNoob - Heavens Tear
    IRNoob - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    Um, archers get super high evade, and can 1 shot robe and light users at higher levels, while being able to make a serious dent in heavy. They get a wide area AoE skill which does melee damage (death to everyone other than heavy)... so no.

Archers are the weakest PvP classes, and always will be.
    evasion = useless, any non-fail BM/Barb will hit u most of the times.