New Races or Classes?

Options
yarbs
yarbs Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
1st of please answer the pole wheather you think the game should impliment a new race/classes or its perfect the way it is :)

first off this game is great, but 3 races, and 2 classes per race which leaves little variety, even tho all of the classes are pretty solid. but i was wondering if A) anyone else would like new classes or a brand new race implemented, or if you like the game the way that it is. also if you think a new race would be awesome, tell us about it.

P.S. this most likely wont effect anything, its just a discussion on something iv been wondering about.
Post edited by yarbs on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I like the game as it is b:dirty
    And thinking about more classes is the least of my worries in this game ;p b:chuckle
    b:dirty
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The entire game is based on the three races. If there was another race put in they would have to edit the storyline.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    TBH it would be hard making other classes, I mean we already have,

Healing/Buff support class.
    Tank class.
    Physical Damage dealer class.
    Magical Damage dealer class.
    Physical support class(Not really sure how to describe BM's).
    Jack of all trades/Debuff class.

What else is there thats not just going to be a random mixture of one of the above?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think it's perfect as is. Nice and simple, too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the only thing i want would be more customization options for barb. other than that the game is perfect hence the name perfect world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd like to see barbs be given fur colouring options(A wolf made to look like a fox would be cool).

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It doesn't even have to be fur, it could be scar marks or something. Maybe...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Agreed, I would totally make mahself a black wolf or a white wolf b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've said before they could combine this with a makeover scroll sale for a nice moneymaker.

• Arcan - Heavens Tear
    Arcan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's impossible.

Perfect World Entertainment cannot control what is added to the game, they only host the server. Whatever company CREATED PW has to decide this (I think Beijing something)

ANYWAY... it would be cool to have more melee classes, like a ninja or a rouge! b:laugh that would be awesome
    Hai :3
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's PWE or PW Beijing, they are what makes it possible. People find it easy to realise GM's are not Dev's, but they have a hard time realising that they represent the developers to an extent. Any implements you think would be nice you submit to them, any bugs you believe are in need of a fix you submit to them. They then pass it over to the Dev's who get the final say over whether the idea is omplemented or not.

• phillykittykitty
    phillykittykitty Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    what can i do i downloaded this game and i made a charecter when i could but when i try to get in a pop up appeirs in forenlanguage and it closes the gameb:cry
    edited June 2009
    Options
    try submitting a ticket/posting on tech support forums.

• rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think the game is just fine the way it is. Yeah 3 races and 2 classes per race, but with that comes enough variety in characters and what each character race/class is meant to do and what each ones job is squad wise. The only options I would implement would be more customization for what is already available (i.e The ability to change a barb's fur color, or hair length of characters.) something to throw a different variety in the way characters look. It does get dull sometimes when checking out gears of someone to find that during the character creation, most people ive seen use preset faces and the only difference is color of hair or which hairstyle they use. The game offers an advanced facial feature customization that i have used to make my cleric for example, look more elfish or more demon looking. And its funny because i get so many whispers from people who tell me that i have an ugly toon. Well for 1. it is a game based on mythology and fantasy worlds where everything wont always be beautiful to begin with. They offers clothes that people can buy and dye whatever color and I see lots of people with different clothes but yet the same faces..lol. We've also seen how some people illegally modify their game clients to create abnormal looking characters, characters oversized or with special looks that are not offered to everyone else. There is no justice for what those people are doing being illegal activity and all. but it might be something that developers think about expanding on to allow more variety customizations for the future and for the growing number of players. I for one enjoy the game as it is and will continue to play regardless of whether or not these things are ever implemented. I also notice that this game's forums offers a suggestion box that I feel the majority of people should use to voice new features such as this. Especially if it is put there because the suggestions are actually listened to and considered.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Look at it logically, if they removed customization limits on body/limb size, PvP servers and TW players would all be stick thin and nearly unclickable. It's a precaution to prevent things like that happening, also 99% of games state in the EULA that altering in-game is a major breach.

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    there have been hints at testing for new classes for each current race, but i do not think i want more classes, also witch EULA (end user liscence agreements) are for purchased products, we do not purchase PWI so it is a TOS contract, as all the accounts belong to the parent company.
  • rsin
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Look at it logically, if they removed customization limits on body/limb size, PvP servers and TW players would all be stick thin and nearly unclickable. It's a precaution to prevent things like that happening, also 99% of games state in the EULA that altering in-game is a major breach.

Didnt say anything about removing limits, just stretching more. Put limits on how thin someone can be, thats obvious common sense. But it would be cool to be able to make a player fatter for example. Im not talking huge to where it effects game play or anything, but to where someone could be the maximum size of a herc at least.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I thought we signed an EULA when creating our account(I technically didn't say this game has one, although I did mean it =\).

I also wouldn't allow hugely obese characters because clicking an npc past one of hem would be a pain.

Any mention of the classes traits tear? I really can't think what we're missing.

• rsin
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I thought we signed an EULA when creating our account(I technically didn't say this game has one, although I did mean it =\).

I also wouldn't allow hugely obese characters because clicking an npc past one of hem would be a pain.

Any mention of the classes traits tear? I really can't think what we're missing.

clicking an npc passed all the people with oversized mounts and pets would be a pain also if it wasnt for the shift click feature already in the game that allows anyone to click an npc thru the insane crowds that often gather around one.
  • Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As for races, I think they're fine. It'll just be like pokemon if they add more, where they are like "oh wow there a island of pokemon we never notice before" Yeah I never made it past 150. Anyways as for classes, I think could be more variety.

They could use some hybrid classes.

Here are just some class suggestions, I thought would be interesting to see.

Melee Healers - Weak heals, more focus in fighting buffs etc, such as increase attack speed, damage absorbing bubbles etc. with melee attacking skills
    Assassins - Dex based melee damage dealers.
    Mage Melee - Maybe a melee class, with some life/mana drain spells.
    Melee with weapon specific skills - They have three different trees with each tree containing specific weapon skills.

I dunno, these are just suggestions.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I know about the shift click thing, but still I don't like doing that for every npc I have to talk to.

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you either change, adapt of step aside.

In other words, as other games bring new features, PWI will bring some for sure to keep us entretained.

We should have mounted classes, necromancers, water racers, ect.

Same as genies came, new races will come in the future too.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hy gran and it would be awesome to have a mounted battle sistemb:dirty
    Same as genies came, new races will come in the future too.

oh yea sure that wil hapen when im gona be at the endgame and we all know its gona be a long time to that ( im back to lvling ^.^)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    theyve been mentioned to be thinks like a 'monk' or an oracle/necromancer kinda thing, more stuff for chinese mytholgy ;o use the search butttonnnn
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Can i haz a BALD barb? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Can i haz a BALD barb? b:chuckle

please... god... no
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I believe they should modify the game a bit to add shields or something, and single handed weapons. Also I would like to see helmets on my char (with ability to turn them on or off depending on whether you want to show it) Capes as well.

In re: to shields of course you would have your damage lowered only having one weapon instead of two, but not by 50%. Maybe shields up your phys resist by a percentage than a flat rate. Maybe you raise phys resist by 35% and your weapon damage is lowered by 40%. Plus it adds to evasion by say 5-10% and might have some random stats on it like a cape.

Reason I mention this is so Blademasters have a bit more tanking ability than they have now. Also give BMs a good taunt attack. Or a shield attack that raises threat level but does no damage.

As for classes being added I don't really know what can be added except for a rogue/theif type char, but I am not sure if people want to get into the whole invisibility argument.

But if there is two classes and a new race added it would probably be some type of healer hybrid like a druid, and a rogue type char.