Need Help

RamArch - Lost City
RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cleric
OK ok ok, i no yes clerics needs a MP charm, to help and stuff. Well listen, i need a reason to buy a MP charm. Yesterday, my guild fight me down saying, why you bought a HP charm, you already have heals. Well so far i bought a HP charm and it works SEXY!!!!. I already made back the money for it 2wice and the charm hasnt even reached 1/4 (its nnear). It really helps when it comes to CRAZY SITUATIONS. the guild told me you can heal yourself, and i said listen, BOOM boss hit me 1k hp, i have 1.7 so 700 hp left, lets say it would take me a mili sec to realise then 1 sec to cast IR on myself, channeling channeling, that will not push my hp back up 1k. BOOM BOSS KILL ME. Compared to BOOM 1K hp, CHarm to the rescue!!!!.

Now my main concern with myself, yes i dont buy pots, i normally pick them up and sit if i need mana.(doesnt take more than a 1 min to almost reach full mana with buffs) and go again. These days for FB51, and 59 i have been buying like 5 pots, and use the stuff i made for JUST in CASE mana situations.
Now i am lvl 60, with HH weapon. people say take BB, but i say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Yes it helps with HH, but where that mana coming out from, not my pocket, i already heard a MANA charm dies in 2hrs of BB. I not going tru dat. Unless that HH, or situation giving me back my money for Charm, i am absolutely not buying one unless i have to grind.

Am i right or am i wrong, if wrong please SHOW ME THE REASON WHY I SHOULD BUY A MANA CHARM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RamArch - Lost City on

Comments

• Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You need a mana charm, because on higher levels, even continuously guzzling mana potions can NOT keep up with the mana needed to keep a tank alive in TT, FBs or other such dungeons.

BB allows you to put up a safe-zone spell that cuts ALL damage taken by any squad member nearby in half, AND healing them for a decent amount every tick. In many dungeons, it's the only way to survive specific bosses.

For me, a gold mana charm can take 4-5 hours of constant BB before it dies. In reality, you only use BB for 5-10 minutes at a time, at most. Only the hardest of bosses will require you to keep it up for longer. If you had a BB up when you were fighting the boss you described, you'd have taken 500 damage instead, and that damage would have healed up almost immediately.

HP charms for clerics -can- be useful. But most of the time, I find they give you a false sense of security. Sure, they're nice to fall back on, but it's -so- easy to put too much trust in it, and die because you thought the charm could save you (especially between cooldowns on the charm).
  • RamArch - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Thats why on the first tick, you should no the situation and have a back up plan in your mind (just in case plan),i make plans very fast to suite situations, i made a Fb51( a failing 1), passed with a low lvl tank and a tabby who died and i was the only cleric, i can call myself, one of the good ones (played to many chess). Seconldy, hmmm @ mana charm, you have me thinking, now tell me, how are you going to make back that money, that mana charm you just bought, how will it profit you (MONEY WISE, not helping people wise). HP charm gave me 100% profit and still going strong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary
    Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the guild told me you can heal yourself, and i said listen, BOOM boss hit me 1k hp, i have 1.7 so 700 hp left, lets say it would take me a mili sec to realise then 1 sec to cast IR on myself, channeling channeling, that will not push my hp back up 1k. BOOM BOSS KILL ME. Compared to BOOM 1K hp, CHarm to the rescue!!!!.

[/COLOR]

1.7k hp is pretty fail. And why would you IH with 700 hp left? You wellspring then IH.
  • RamArch - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    @ MY LVL you call me fail, well what ever then, i love my hp charm and it served me well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm not entirely sure what this post is about... but especially on pvp servers hp charms are a life saver. But like Enina said you cannot become heavily reliant on them. Use your heals and for the love of god add hp shards or something -_- 1700 hp at 60 is really bad in my opinion.
  • RamArch - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    oh, lol didnt really start yet, i just collected hp shards till i get 60 gear,have like 3 flawless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    HP charm you definitely need!

I dont like MP charms because they tick at like 75% which is grrrrrrr. You cant even party buff without it ticking! b:angry

Try to get some event pots instead if people are still selling. You can run bubble off those pots and use mana regen pots as well which really help if you need to bb for a long time.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oh, lol didnt really start yet, i just collected hp shards till i get 60 gear,have like 3 flawless

I seriously wouldnt waste flawless shards on lvl 60 armour, let alone 70. lol Id wait, but thats just my opinion.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you don't need an mp charm. i can hold bb fine with just normal level 60 pots.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    But on the flipside, if you're not making enough money while grinding to be able to afford MP charms, then something is off. Grind charmless, using manufactured apothecary pots that help your regen or give you instant pots, and you should easily make enough to buy charms.

MP charms make life a little bit easier in dungeons where you don't need to worry about your mana bar on top of the entire squad's actions. I'm also not sure but pots may end up being more expensive than charm in the first place if you buy them from the apothecary. If you want to do lots of squad stuff [which you probably will as you get higher lvl] you just better make sure your mana is covered regardless because the tank isn't going to like you too much if you explain that you ran out of mana and that's why he died.

And clerics are generally one of the poorer classes so massive profits aren't really a realistic expectation b:surrender
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Grinding WITH a MP charm at your level, you can easily make 100K per hour from grinding and selling DQ items and other drops to NPC's. (foxwings or nightstalkers, anyone?)

Without the charm half your time is lost meditating and therefore half your potential coins are left to someone else while you meditate. At current charm prices on HT 3 or 4 hours of grinding on a gold MP charm will completely pay off that charm AND repair your equipment with some left over for Crazy Stone and you'll still have about 800K/900K left on the charm!

If you're worried about a charm getting killed by blue bubble, farm some butterfly herbs and make yourself some concentrate orbs. +100 MP regen and blue bubble doesn't even touch your mana bar.

I used to try and play it like the OP... it doesn't work for long in your 60's. At least not if you want to continue leveling at a decent rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you can keep your MP up w/out charm, then you dont need it. Ive done zhen with wizzys using MP pot for 2hr aoe lol. Just remember you cant sit and meditate on 99% of the higher lvl events if your MP runs out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RamArch - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    thanks all, so i am not that of a failure!!!! lol,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You don't need an MP charm for anything other than plume shell in PvP. BB can be held with a conc orb and a crapload of pots. Plume Shell in PvP w/o an mp charm is just useless and actually bad for you.
  • oversea
    oversea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You don't need an MP charm for anything other than plume shell in PvP. BB can be held with a conc orb and a crapload of pots. Plume Shell in PvP w/o an mp charm is just useless and actually bad for you.

+1 b:victory