Will not using the item mall hinder game experience?

Sidel - Dreamweaver
Sidel - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was looking at all the items and I'm really just concerned about the mounts... DO we have to use the item mall to buy mounts? does the game offer the flying and non-flying mounts anywhere else?

I do know we can buy AH gold but I'm curious if there is a vendor that sells these with normal game money. I did not read anything about mounts in the noob guides...
Post edited by Sidel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Elricaen - Sanctuary
    Elricaen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You do not HAVE to use the item mall. I have spoken with several players that are level 80+ and never once used the cash shop. You can make enough in-game money that can be used to trade with other players to get the mounts and such as needed.
    - Elric {RIVAL}

Elricaen (Venomancer)
    Elricaeus (Cleric)
    Elricage (Archer)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    theres nice horsies in game for 2.5mil but they are slow, cheaper to buy a sprred cash shop mount from someone that got it from cash shop
    and yes its all doable without ever charging real money, like i have managed but of course you will end up buying cash shop items from other players
  • Sidel - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    2.5 Mil! what kind of glue?...
    Ok so sounds like the cash shops is the lazy way and the saving game money is the hard way. Thanks guy.s
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    2.5 Mil! what kind of glue?...
    Ok so sounds like the cash shops is the lazy way and the saving game money is the hard way. Thanks guy.s

yah thats pretty much it, this game does not create an immediate horrible disbalance by using the cash shop like some games are nearly dependant on, playing smart farmin some hard(ok really it aint that hard) work lets you explore the game lvl up and all, a select few high lvl things that are VERY difficulut are much easier if you cash shop and get highly refined gear quickly and all, but for us others it just takes more time
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To add a little personal note to this thread: It was refreshing to see a well thought out item shop plan that was not, as someone already mentioned, horribly imbalanced from the beginning. I've played other f2p games where you can straight buy high level armor and weapons and become horribly overpowered with minimal effort, at least here they(we?) strike a good balance. The fact that the currency itself can be sold in-game is huge too. I can't even count how many nightmarish stories I heard from other games where someone pays a person to buy them a cash shop item and gets screwed over.
  • Xaikus - Dreamweaver
    Xaikus - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To add a little personal note to this thread: It was refreshing to see a well thought out item shop plan that was not, as someone already mentioned, horribly imbalanced from the beginning. I've played other f2p games where you can straight buy high level armor and weapons and become horribly overpowered with minimal effort, at least here they(we?) strike a good balance. The fact that the currency itself can be sold in-game is huge too. I can't even count how many nightmarish stories I heard from other games where someone pays a person to buy them a cash shop item and gets screwed over.

I agree. The reason I quit my last mmorpg was that it was almost impossible to get relatively good at the game without using the item mall.

This game is great for that, in that the item mall items are not exactly necessary, and that you can trade ingame money for item mall currency in a safe way. b:pleased
    NoQuarter: Friendly, helpful, and Mature. Recruiting players any level on Dreamweaver.
  • Sidel - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the reply's everyone now that I have spent some time in PWI it's clear to see that the item shop is amazingly balanced. I love the economy of the game because almost everything can be bought or sold. The game developers of PW really put a lot of thought into item/item mall/gold balance. By far the best f2p game I've played and I might add one of the best mmo's I've played.
    b:pleased
  • AlwaysPK - Heavens Tear
    AlwaysPK - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the reply's everyone now that I have spent some time in PWI it's clear to see that the item shop is amazingly balanced. I love the economy of the game because almost everything can be bought or sold. The game developers of PW really put a lot of thought into item/item mall/gold balance. By far the best f2p game I've played and I might add one of the best mmo's I've played.
    b:pleased
    You do not HAVE to use the item mall. I have spoken with several players that are level 80+ and never once used the cash shop. You can make enough in-game money that can be used to trade with other players to get the mounts and such as needed.

b:pleased b:pleased u right...
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *facepalm*

WTF...

WHY YOU NECRO b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • Bountyhunter - Lost City
    Bountyhunter - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:pleased b:pleased u right...

I will kill you, your dog, and your soiled, gibbering grandfather, then, dance on your remains, until I get blisters, AND THEN, I will come up with something REALLEH nasty...

aww and INB4LOCK and hi sis
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I will kill you, your dog, and your soiled, gibbering grandfather, then, dance on your remains, until I get blisters, AND THEN, I will come up with something REALLEH nasty...

aww and INB4LOCK and hi sis

o_0

ok my bro lost his mind a bit... (side note: lol that his funny)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?