Food For Thought: Map Reset

TemptingYou - Lost City
TemptingYou - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Controversial yes, however think about it:

Food for Thought --->

An idea to ponder: This has happened in more then One Server

(although from a few months back -- this is still very intriguing)

Territorial War Map Wipeout is here!

"The Great War for Territory is here! Claim a territory and put it under the banner of your clan and join us on this War of the Jade Throne.

We will be having a server maintenance in order to implement the Territorial war map wipe. Clans could begin bidding for the Territorial wars after the maintenance on Wednesday. (9am to 2pm)"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TemptingYou - Lost City on

Comments

• Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    NEVA >:O how will i live a week without pay b:cry *quits*
  • TemptingYou - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Such a shame really...may have to work for some $$ b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If this was implemented, sooner or later, CQ will own most of the map again

Oh, and I almost forgot. I'd bet most of CQ would /ragequit if there was a map reset. After all, it's all about salary, right guys? b:laugh
    edited June 2009
    Quite possibly, but it would be fun and change things up a little I think.

Maybe a nice "Rebirth" for the server.

Many people are getting bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

Go grind outlevel those who you want to kill form a faction with people who want the same attack and win? those mobs from pve territory wars are hard to kill b:cry
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Only people on carebear servers are getting bored. Getting to lv90+ and no pk b:shocked
    edited June 2009
    Go grind outlevel those who you want to kill form a faction with people who want the same attack and win? those mobs from pve territory wars are hard to kill b:cry

It's ok...just find someone to hold your hand b:sad
    meaangirl wrote: »
    Only people on carebear servers are getting bored. Getting to lv90+ and no pk b:shocked

OMG...I could not imagine being that bored. But I do know that people on LC are getting bored with a lot of things. b:surrender

I think many are just focusing more on leveling then dealing with the "wars"/KOS. The better the levels, the more power to fight CQ (or any other guild that comes along).

People want a challenge and a GOOD TW. Not a boring Zerk. And I think there are a few contenders!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    If there are contenders what would be the point on a map reset b:cute
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    wont happen. GMs wont be able to put up with cq's QQ
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Um, I'm pretty sure CQ would just own the map again it would just take a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to do it again and it would give other factions a chance to claim land and take advantage of land payment.

Unless, CQ members decide to quit the faction due to lack of salary and having to start from scratch.
    edited June 2009
    Um, I'm pretty sure CQ would just own the map again it would just take a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to do it again and it would give other factions a chance to claim land and take advantage of land payment.

Unless, CQ members decide to quit the faction due to lack of salary and having to start from scratch.

Haven't some already done that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Or maybe there could be a limit on the amount of land that can be controlled by one faction?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Or maybe there could be a limit on the amount of land that can be controlled by one faction?

There is already an inherent limit based on how TW works. It's just not strong enough of a factor to overwhelm Conqueror. Limiting lands itself would make the server less interesting, which I think nobody wants. If a guild is capable of owning the entire server and nobody wants/can stop them, then who are we to say that it is unfair? It's capitalism at it's best b:victory
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm on the OPPOSING side to cq and even i DO NOT want any kind of tw map reset.

Where is the challenge? Where is the RUSH? If my advesaries are simply just TAKEN OFF by the ADMINS?

This would be a cheap victory. There is no sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT in it. Might as well go play TETRIS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    im in favour of a map wipe. i started the server late and it would be nice to experience a PVE tw. also it would allow a much greater proportion of the server population to get in on tw fun for a few months.

as for cq dominance devline, it would still be there. your challenge remains but an injection of funds to opposing guilds would strengthen them and give them a better chance at taking cq down. not everyone can cashshop to keep up with their ~400mil a week you know.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Where is the challenge? Where is the RUSH? If my advesaries are simply just TAKEN OFF by the ADMINS?

This would be a cheap victory. There is no sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT in it. Might as well go play TETRIS.

+1

I'd rather fight for it then have it given.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i was in favor of a reset when things were looking stale. but the 2nd largest land holder is losing land, can't really call that stale anymore.

of course, the majority of the largest land holder would have to approve of a reset. they did earn it.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hello b:chuckle
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Nah whats would be the point?

Devlinne I'm with you on this one. There would be no challenge and right now we have a challenge to work for!!
    i was in favor of a reset when things were looking stale. but the 2nd largest land holder is losing land, can't really call that stale anymore.

of course, the majority of the largest land holder would have to approve of a reset. they did earn it.

^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    get your old siggy back stickyb:cry
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Resetting the map wouldn't fix/change anything

want proof?

my-en