Bounties and Bounty Hunters

Options
SlayerVgs - Lost City
SlayerVgs - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I would like to see jobs added to the game like Bouty Hunter/Assassin and Soldier and when I say jobs I don't mean class.They could make it so you can buy something from cash shop that enables you to do only one of the jobs at a time.

Like with Bounty Hunter if someone gets pked by a red name they can add a bounty to the other players charactor someone that has the bounty hunter job could accept the job to find that player.The bounty hunter could have special abilities like knowing when the target player logs on instantly and possibly a sonar ability that works when they face a direction towards the target and when they do find the player they should have an ability to ask the player to choose between surrendering or fighting.To surrender they must give up something like 50k.If they don't have the coins or choose to they have to fight and if they lose they drop items normally the bounty hunter also gets the bounty and some rep points without turning into a red name.They could make it so the bounty hunter can fight red names without turning into one too and if he attacks a white name the job is locked out for a bit and doesn't give the abilty to fight without turning red.

Now with the Soldier job they could makes so if someone thats not a bounty hunter trys to pk someone within a territory everyone thats a soldier in that area is alerted to all the pking happening there and shown the lvls of the pkers.All the soldiers attacking a pker when he dies could get a reward of rep or coins split among them and items dropped without turning red.

The assassin job could be like the bounty hunter job cept they could go after anyone that has a reward on them if they accept a job to before they do it without turning red but the soldiers and bounty hunters would be setup to go after them if they did.

Please makers of perfect world add this and possibly outfits for each of the jobs too that activate when doing the job.b:thanks
Post edited by SlayerVgs - Lost City on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Regarding the bounty hunter.

1. Player A goes around tormenting lower levels
    2. Said lower levels, keep putting money into the high level's bounty
    3. Player A logs his alt, lets call it character B (on a different computer, of course) and kills the main with the bounty. After collecting the bounty he mails his main the coins.
    4. Player A laughs all the way to the Auction House to spend his free money that he got from those players, which at this point have been victimized twice.

The other 2 things are ok, although you can already do that now, on PVP servers without the devs having to program anything.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • SlayerVgs - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That could happen and they could fix it some but making the reward mostly rep and only being allowed to collect the bounty once a week on a charactor or costing the charactor with a bounty 1% exp if they lose.Theres proboly other ways too but it would be up to the people making it to decide.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That could happen and they could fix it some but making the reward mostly rep and only being allowed to collect the bounty once a week on a charactor or costing the charactor with a bounty 1% exp if they lose.Theres proboly other ways too but it would be up to the people making it to decide.

Angels prevent character loosing anything when they get killed. If you were to make it so angels would not apply, than it would be easy to grief people by just placing a bounty on their head for no reason. You would also see high levels wearing low level gear, than attacking low levels, once the low level players goes pink, they would plave a 1 coin bounty on the low level's head, and kill him, causing the low level player to loose exp.

Currently, the only annoying thing about getting jumped as a low level is having to revive in town and walking back. You would be opening the door for making that low level really dread pvp, if he could loose exp as well, and not even angels would save him.

At the moment at least you do not loose exp from pvp.

On the rep reward.... Said player opens 2 instances on PWI in 2 different computers, and proceeds to farm rep with his main by placing bounties on the alts.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Regarding the bounty hunter.

1. Player A goes around tormenting lower levels
    2. Said lower levels, keep putting money into the high level's bounty
    3. Player A logs his alt, lets call it character B (on a different computer, of course) and kills the main with the bounty. After collecting the bounty he mails his main the coins.
    4. Player A laughs all the way to the Auction House to spend his free money that he got from those players, which at this point have been victimized twice.

The other 2 things are ok, although you can already do that now, on PVP servers without the devs having to program anything.

Yay, logical fallacies for the lose. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yay, logical fallacies for the lose. b:shutup

Nah, they are based on experience from other games that had bounty systems. In all of them, the only people that placed bounties were new players that did not know better, and in all those games the people with bounties always cashed the bounties themselves with the help of an alt or a friend.

Since they are based on experiance they are not fallacies, since they have in fact happened.
  • SlayerVgs - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's true they do that in other games but it could proboly be fixed with a lvl cap on them and the soldier idea plus with the bounty idea they could also make a local alert that there was a bounty in the area to all of the bounty hunters and a 10 min wait before they would be able to be attacked so even if someone tried to farm with 2 pcs theres no sure thing he would be the first to get his alt.The bounty idea can work just the makers would have to figure out some rules for it that would make it hard to do that.I just wanted the idea out there for them.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's true they do that in other games but it could proboly be fixed with a lvl cap on them and the soldier idea plus with the bounty idea they could also make a local alert that there was a bounty in the area to all of the bounty hunters and a 10 min wait before they would be able to be attacked so even if someone tried to farm with 2 pcs theres no sure thing he would be the first to get his alt.The bounty idea can work just the makers would have to figure out some rules for it that would make it hard to do that.I just wanted the idea out there for them.

I did not want to be harsh, so I apologize if I was. I am sure they have the idea already, the problem is in the implementation. That is the part I am trying to motivate people that post suggesting Bounty hunters to think about and also post about how it should be implemented. I believe that would benefit the devs more than just throwing ideas against a wall (although it can be lots of fun to do that).

I have played several games with bounties and they were all basicaly flawed and easy to abuse. Some even had very high death penalties when you got killed with a bounty, but if the bounty was high enough, it was worth it to just off yourself and collect the money, than grind some more to make up for the exp loss.

I think the only time a Bounty system could be implemented that makes it very hard to be abused would be in games with a final death penalty, as in you die and do not get resed, your character gets deleted. There are a few games like that out there, that give you the option to play in Ultimate mode, where you get very nice bonuses, but also where if you get killed you have 5 minutes to get a res or your character gets deleted.
  • SlayerVgs - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You weren't being harsh but I was thinking about it and if they made bounties not able to be collected till after a few days of bounty hunters finding the job and a wait time when the person with a bounty logs on a bounty system could work if they added it into the game.

They could also add lvl caps and a local notice to bounty hunters also a limit on collecting a bounty to once a week on the same guy and each time the guy gets pked only part of the bounty gets taken off along with only part of the reward to the bounty hunter.And before you say it would be used to bully people they could make it so it's only able to be set on people that tried to pk someone first and the bounty could lower and get returned to the person that set it as time passed.b:laughah ha covered it all or atleast a good part of it a bounty system could work.

The assassin idea could follow something like this too would have to be a lil differant.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nah, they are based on experience from other games that had bounty systems. In all of them, the only people that placed bounties were new players that did not know better, and in all those games the people with bounties always cashed the bounties themselves with the help of an alt or a friend.

Since they are based on experiance they are not fallacies, since they have in fact happened.

You make the implied claim that they only happen one way, and they will always happen in that manner no matter what game it is, or how it is implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Whilst it doesn't work in other games, it makes perfect sense on the PvP servers.

In fact we have an environment that promotes such a system. With all the guild members in CQ at the cap they dont have much else to do. Farming bounty requests for the heads of RQ for reputation would be more than enough inscentive to take the bounties.

The bounty system is only a fail where there is no real rivalry. Such is the truth of PvE servers
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You make the implied claim that they only happen one way, and they will always happen in that manner no matter what game it is, or how it is implemented.

I'll have to have a talk with my legal team about the darn disclaimer at the end of the post....

It was an obvious example, based on experience, on how to take advantage of the system... Obviously there would be more ways to abuse the system. And it was based on the OPs suggestions. I am sure someone can figure out a way to make it so it is not so easily abused, but so far I have yet to see it implemented in a way that does not reward the person that has the bounty on their head, except on those games that you cannot revive in town and need to get a res in x minutes or your dead character gets deleted.

On pvp servers this is not an issue, since everyone can already kill everyone, and you can even pay people to kill other people for you, therefore the all bounty hunting system would realy only be used to separate new players from their money. IF you are higher level, you have a guild, if someone is messing with you, you are not going to put money on their head, when one of his guildmates can easly kill him and split the profit, you are going to call your guildmates and go after the other guy.
  • SlayerVgs - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    True you can pay someone in your guild to pk someone that pked you but there no sure thing that they would be able to find them and that you would even know if they kept their end of the deal if you are paying them unless you are on all the time and following them.

If there was a bounty system like what I suggested then atleast there would be a chance at getting payback and having proof of it granted they might have to change it a lil so it's not to easy collecting a bounty.