Fixing my wizard - need some opinions

Options
Bensky - Lost City
Bensky - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
I'm trying to go from Light armor to Full magic or whatever you call it (the one where you add 1 str 4 mag on odd levels, 5 mag on even levels...so 9 mag, 1 str every 2 levels).

Anyway, I bought a skill reset with some extra money and got rid of all my dexterity, so now I have 31 skill points lying around (which includes 5 I just got because I leveled to 28 a few mins ago).

Stats right now:
5 vit
87 mag
31 str
5 dex

31 unallocated pts
==
Some friends were telling me to leave the str and just put everything on mag until I'm "caught up" - in that case, wouldn't it be better to take 10 off str with a cheap reset scroll and have 128 mag so I'm pretty much caught up anyway?

I figured out that the "normal" lvl 28 pure mage would have 127 mag and 18 str...and I would have 128 mag and 21 str, which doesn't seem right to me. I'm really tired right now so I probably made a careless mistake when I was adding something, so if someone could let me know if I figured that out wrong/right that would be awesome.
Post edited by Bensky - Lost City on

Comments

• Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just don't add str again until your next weapon or armor piece requires you to, and you'll be fine. 10 odd points at that level doesn't make much difference anyway. It's not worth spending gold on just yet lol.
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • Bensky - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just don't add str again until your next weapon or armor piece requires you to, and you'll be fine. 10 odd points at that level doesn't make much difference anyway. It's not worth spending gold on just yet lol.

Well, I kinda already spent gold to get rid of the dex. ;)

But anyway, I see what you're saying. When is the armor going to require more than 31 str anyway?
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In 6X, of course; it's 1/2 str per level. But don't reset str. Better make it 36 and do no touch it till needed again: there is very nice quiest helmet in early 3X that have both +hp and +def stats.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You only need like 54 str for most endgame arcane equipment, you really don't need to restat str at all. If you do want to restat anything you can bring vit and dex to 3 if you want for 4 extra mag points. But that's really not worth it especially at your lvl.
  • Bensky - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll just add all of the points I have to mag now (until I run in to the helmet or w/e).