My Archering Experiance.

Options
Wizzeled - Sanctuary
Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
I'm going to share a few details on how I play my archer and how I think some should try it more.

Number 1: Range is not ALWAYS your friend.

Why not?
Because don't try and distance yourself all the time, if its a duel don't do it unless its a barb or BM after you, you just waste valuable time that could be spent killing the enemy.

Number 2: Close range CAN be a good friend if you are built the right way.

Why?
I personally LOVE to get up close with a cleric, archer or wizard and laugh when they run I can attack SO much faster using the melee based skills and kill them faster as well. Then if they run they just make it easier for me to kill them because they can't fight back at that point in time.

My current build as of this post.

Stats: Vit: 5 Mag: 5 Str: 62 Dex: 284

Damage: 2944 - 4930

Bow: Well search around, some call it a fail bow but its a **** bow. Tell me EXACTLY how more damage is fail? Sure I wont be using it much longer, so? I have other archer friends and an alt that I'll give it to and reuse it.
If I have the cash to spare to + it so what? Tell me how its a fail besides using the excuse "u r waste the cash" or "u r not use it long"

In my adventures I've been having different experiences with clerics, wizards and other archers. I can destroy archers 20 levels higher at times, and yet have trouble beating them 3 levels higher at other times. Different builds really do make a very big difference. I met a veno lvl 65 that could **** a lvl 84 barb without a pet, I lol'd and cried at the same time.

You seem to have 2 key principles that happen to both be anti-range, could these be condensed into one? :D

Whats so bad about range?.. If we all meleed, people might mistake us for BMs (barf)

I stated what's so bad about range at times. I just see to many archers running wasting valuable time that could be spent **** the person they are fighting instead of building distance from them.

Range IS great if its vs a mob/bm/barb that WILL **** you if you get hit to many times. But the melee attacks are quiet fast and can be done in a rapid succession after each other so they make for a very good way to finish a fight before it really starts if you have your timing right.

And to answer a question of how I got to lvl 66. I did exactly what I stated, and I've only died by a mob, thats not a boss, like 6 times. **** them fast, heal your ****.
Post edited by Wizzeled - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i can't believe i read all that. OMD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You're an idiot.. how did you reach level 66 lol
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Quoted for Truth
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You seem to have 2 key principles that happen to both be anti-range, could these be condensed into one? :D

Whats so bad about range?.. If we all meleed, people might mistake us for BMs (barf)
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options

I stated what's so bad about range at times. I just see to many archers running wasting valuable time that could be spent **** the person they are fighting instead of building distance from them.

Range IS great if its vs a mob/bm/barb that WILL **** you if you get hit to many times. But the melee attacks are quiet fast and can be done in a rapid succession after each other so they make for a very good way to finish a fight before it really starts if you have your timing right.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    people say it's fail because it's more money than it's worth to refine a weapon so much when you won't use it long. it costs a lot to refine, the average player simply wouldn't spend that kind of money (cash or ingame coin) on upgrading a such a weapon. in some ways i think they might be envious, hell i want the coin to +7 my TT90 when i get it...hell i want the coin for TT90 (wep, armor, and those gold rings) period.

go right on ahead. whatever makes you happy man

so what's next? massively refined TT70? wind and clouds? or you holding on to the TT60 through 1/2 your 70s?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    people say it's fail because it's more money than it's worth to refine a weapon so much when you won't use it long. it costs a lot to refine, the average player simply wouldn't spend that kind of money (cash or ingame coin) on upgrading a such a weapon. in some ways i think they might be envious, hell i want the coin to +7 my TT90 when i get it...hell i want the coin for TT90 (wep, armor, and those gold rings) period.

go right on ahead. whatever makes you happy man

so what's next? massively refined TT70? wind and clouds? or you holding on to the TT60 through 1/2 your 70s?

I already have my TT70 bow :D Bout to refine it soon.

But its a Unicorn....this "☆Thudercrack" looks promising lol I want it >.<
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    THIS

and this.

• Advice - Lost City
    Advice - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In my adventures I've been having different experiences with clerics, wizards and other archers. I can destroy archers 20 levels higher at times, and yet have trouble beating them 3 levels higher at other times. Different builds really do make a very big difference. I met a veno lvl 65 that could **** a lvl 84 barb without a pet, I lol'd and cried at the same time.
    Ignoring all the other stupid stuff you said, a lvl 66 archer can "destroy" a 8x archer? Unless the 8x is pure magic or something, or doesn't have a weapon you have no chance. And WTF a 84 barb will easily **** a 6x veno with normal attacks. I guess pvp is different on carebear servers

And, LMAO +7 4X ARCHER WEAPON FTW
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    THIS

and this.

I'm still waiting on proof of how making the weapon you use a **** weapon so you can kill **** your level faster is fail.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm still waiting on proof of how making the weapon you use a **** weapon so you can kill **** your level faster is fail.

because at those levels you dont even take damage from mobs with a +2 wep and can lvl to 70 in < a week?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Not saying anything -- but I did save that picture to my computer.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    because at those levels you dont even take damage from mobs with a +2 wep and can lvl to 70 in < a week?

That's a lie, every level u'll take damage from a mob sooner or later. If I spent the whole week grinding and doing all quest yes probably would be lvl 70 by the end of said week. I went from 60-66 in a week so it is possible I guess, even though I zhened from those levels.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That's a lie, every level u'll take damage from a mob sooner or later. If I spent the whole week grinding and doing all quest yes probably would be lvl 70 by the end of said week. I went from 60-66 in a week so it is possible I guess, even though I zhened from those levels.

Yeah, once in a while you will get hit. Whats your point?
    That 3% chance doesnt really explain your actions.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Minta - Dreamweaver
    Minta - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

1st time in my life i agree with you
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah, once in a while you will get hit. Whats your point?
    That 3% chance doesnt really explain your actions.

Simplest explanation.

Because I Can
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Simplest explanation.

Because I Can

As a logical retort, that leaves much to be desired.

If that was the case, then in response to your very original post, archers can run to get range in PvP because they can.

If that is not the sort of response and discussion for which you are looking in the original dialogue, then it would only be fair for you to answer comments in a more elegant manner.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As a logical retort, that leaves much to be desired.

If that was the case, then in response to your very original post, archers can run to get range in PvP because they can.

If that is not the sort of response and discussion for which you are looking in the original dialogue, then it would only be fair for you to answer comments in a more elegant manner.

They CAN run but it waste time you could spend killing the person.
  • Rulin - Heavens Tear
    Rulin - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They CAN run but it waste time you could spend killing the person.

+ 7 lvl 45 wep....

You said it yourself, using your own logic, there are efforts better spent on other things. I believe it applies on both cases, your refined wep, and running...

That's all I'm going to say on the matter.......
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I could see the use of psy atacks against sum melee.. if they really close n have low life.. try to hit them fast enoug or some of the veno like to get close since.. we half atack..

b:bye Keep posting.. n refine more items!! b:pleased I mite buy a Hp helmet +20 for 20k? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Didn't you say you were gonna +8 your Unicorn Wizz? b:shocked
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I could see the use of psy atacks against sum melee.. if they really close n have low life.. try to hit them fast enoug or some of the veno like to get close since.. we half atack..

b:bye Keep posting.. n refine more items!! b:pleased I mite buy a Hp helmet +20 for 20k? b:bye
    You epically fail. You can only go to +12. GTFO.

Didn't you say you were gonna +8 your Unicorn Wizz? b:shocked

I decided I'd go with the Thudercrack and +7 it.
  • Psycosiz - Lost City
    Psycosiz - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    THIS

and this.

LOL'D at this *saves picture*...+7 Thundercrack? omg b:surrender
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    we should stick his threats b:surrender

b:pleased I bet ya were tryin to make something +20

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Actually I have other thought....

This Bow is awesome! He actually made us all laugh out loud!
    This is awesome, and he is awesome person, how much of you all have brought so much fun for these forums! Weary few!

So all hail Wizz!b:thanks
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Randoms and Wizzeled is one and the same person? O.O
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Randoms and Wizzeled is one and the same person? O.O

b:shocked We are!?
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:shocked We are!?

Im more epic Kthnx.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you know wind and clouds is probably much much better than a thundercrack for grinding, as long as you have that much money to burn...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you know wind and clouds is probably much much better than a thundercrack for grinding, as long as you have that much money to burn...

Well, if you're buying a bow for grinding, doesn't that mean that it has already paid itself by giving you a better money/time count? Means less time spent or more money gotten. Or well, I guess exp/time is also there, but the same applies.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.