Some ideas

Options
Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary
Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
I dont know if anyone sugested this (probably they did) but here it goes:

1 - Why doesnt this game have a target system? Like if i pressed tab it would select the person nearest to my location and so on. It would be very usefull considering people usually have pets to prevent themselfs from being targeted or venos that always have a pet with them and its makes harder for us to target.

2 - Why not have a system that shows how many threat each party member is generating? This would help alot either the tank or the DD. This way the DD would know when they were generating to much threat and when to stop so they wont get aggro and die. (This is very usefull and ive seen it implemented in other games i play and helps alot).
Saving Ladies...For the Old Fashioned Joy of Killing....

hope the only lady u wanna save is me sethie... b:cute
Post edited by Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

1 - Why doesnt this game have a target system? Like if i pressed tab it would select the person nearest to my location and so on. It would be very usefull considering people usually have pets to prevent themselfs from being targeted or venos that always have a pet with them and its makes harder for us to target.

2 - Why not have a system that shows how many threat each party member is generating? This would help alot either the tank or the DD. This way the DD would know when they were generating to much threat and when to stop so they wont get aggro and die. (This is very usefull and ive seen it implemented in other games i play and helps alot).

1. Good idea... yea too bad the game makers never coded an auto-target system in place. And yea, that's why everyone wants it. All for an auto-target system (I vote yes)!

2. No MMORPG has a threat meter in any non-modified version of it. It just makes the game less realistic and "mystical". Though there is a threat system in place, it is just invisible. WoW has threat meters but you need to download add-ons which Blizzard allows you to install. PWI doesn't allow you to modify the game so chances are we will never get a threat meter.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah I always like and agree with the Auto Target system. A target system that shows who the mob's after is useful as well so no accidental kill stealing etc.
    As to a treat meter yeah that's not standard on any mmo's I've played. It'd be kind of silly to have as well since you can fly or drop to ground to get away from 99% of the mobs. In a dungeon that shouldn't work ever anyway.
  • Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    2. No MMORPG has a threat meter in any non-modified version of it. It just makes the game less realistic and "mystical". Though there is a threat system in place, it is just invisible. WoW has threat meters but you need to download add-ons which Blizzard allows you to install. PWI doesn't allow you to modify the game so chances are we will never get a threat meter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that Addon wow has is really usefull, but besides that when u steal aggro u get a flashy screen and loud noise. besides u can always drop aggro with some skills that specific classes have in wow.
    It would be usefull to have a threat meeter here. It would help alot, especially cause some DDs dont know when to atack when facing bosses, wich happens alot.

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You already have autotargeting in this game, although limited. If you walk too close to an aggressive mob, and you get attacked, it will auto-select it for you, so you do not have to try to figure out what is hitting you.

Personaly, I think auto-target and any game with pvp just does not work very well together, since it eliminates the last traces of skill left in a pvp game. At least as we have it now, you have a flurry of clicking trying to select someone, followed by key bashing. With auto-target would be just key bashing.

It would also make botting even easier.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree with Jazmin. An autotargeting would just remove any PvP ability that we venos have anyway. Just target the veno BEFORE you attack. I have only fought in two PvP fights, and I lost one because the barb tageted me before the fight began, rushed PAST my pet, and killed me in one hit. An autotargeting system would make every PvP battle with anyone like this. And that wouldn't be very fun, now would it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to ForsakenX for the sig.
    Killing with flair.
    "Suck my Magmite!"-xXFoxxyXx
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol. So what ure saying is dont give autotarget cause i want my pet to block me so people cant hit me... lol
    Pvp is about skill and what ure saying is targeting the opponent takes away skill? Does that make any sence? So u can target every other player but he cant target u... u call that fair? so lets see a guy has a pet like one of those butterflyes and u loose the battle cause u couldnt target him cause he had that pet blocking the way. does that mean u suck? lol
    Both players should have each others target so that way when they start the battle they can show their skills.
    I lost one because the barb tageted me before the fight began, rushed PAST my pet, and killed me in one hit.
    Sorry u lost cause the barb had brains and atacked u and not the pet, wich is what he is supose to do

Now on pve yes when the mob atacks u ull get target so lets say let a boss hit u and one shot u so u get target? Sounds nice? Or lets see a full magic wizard let an archer mob hit him so he gets target? Doesnt make sence.
    Do u know those swords near Vilage of the lost? They are damn hard to target so lets say if a Veno wants to send the pet to kill that mob how does she do it without a target? Cause they are hard to target...

edited June 2009
    Options
    Targeting mobs is really not that hard, even those annoying edges, once you figure out where the hit box on them is.

If you got one-hitted by a boss that you did not "see" you deserved to die. So far have never seen a boss that would qualify as "small size" enough to not be obvious and easy to click.

Your pvp point on the pet is very little naive. The big problem is not venos hidding behind a pet, since you CAN kill the pet and the veno, the BIG problem is the other classes using baby pets to hide behind, so you cant click on the player, and there is NO WAY to kill the baby pet to get to the player behind it.

If anything, they could implement the little icon on the lower right corner so if you targeted the pet you could click on it and switch to owner. The same way they did it on venos, so if you click on a veno, you can click on the little icon and get their pet selected.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no to the threat meter yes to the auto targeter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Targeting mobs is really not that hard, even those annoying edges, once you figure out where the hit box on them is.

If you got one-hitted by a boss that you did not "see" you deserved to die. So far have never seen a boss that would qualify as "small size" enough to not be obvious and easy to click.

Your pvp point on the pet is very little naive. The big problem is not venos hidding behind a pet, since you CAN kill the pet and the veno, the BIG problem is the other classes using baby pets to hide behind, so you cant click on the player, and there is NO WAY to kill the baby pet to get to the player behind it.

If anything, they could implement the little icon on the lower right corner so if you targeted the pet you could click on it and switch to owner. The same way they did it on venos, so if you click on a veno, you can click on the little icon and get their pet selected.

When i talked about the pets i refered to those ones the all class pets. I just mention the veno pets cause of what iccy said. Its normal that a person will atack the veno instead of the pet. And yes its a pain to target the god damn mobs when there could be a easy way to get them.

So how in hell does that take away ur "skill" to play? at least if ur going to argue about it tell me avalid point cause i cant see whats the bad thing about auto-target... now u are even sugesting to put an icon on the pet to auto-target the owner... u're contradicting urself

• Sethuriel - Sanctuary
    Sethuriel - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Suuure don't bring the Threatmeter...because it is never the DPS fault... /sigh
    And whoever say target cycling should be disabled because your pet blocks your hitbox i just have to say LOL
    Blademaster stunnin mah cleric!
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Clicking takes skill. It is all about hand eye coordination, some people are great at it, others suck. Pressing a key to select the closest mob takes no skill at all.

Auto-targeting means you press a key and the game selects a mob/player for you. Suggesting that having the same feature that is currently in place, where when you select a veno you get an icon on the lower right corner of the target that you can click and it will switch to the pet is not the same as random/closest autoselect.

In the few TWs I have been in, I never had a big issue with people hidding behind their pets, sometimes took a few tries to select them, but I eventualy got them selected. It would be nice to have that feature, since they already can select my pet by selecting me first, than clicking on the pet icon.
  • Sethuriel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    clicking someone is not related whatsoever with skills. It is taking advantage of an outdated combat system. Managing abilities cooldown and knowing when to use them account for skill.

Btw did you ever tried clicking a specified target in a sea of people and names like TW with like 40x40? It sure is fun isn't it?
    edited June 2009
    Options
    clicking someone is not related whatsoever with skills. It is taking advantage of an outdated combat system. Managing abilities cooldown and knowing when to use them account for skill.

Btw did you ever tried clicking a specified target in a sea of people and names like TW with like 40x40? It sure is fun isn't it?

Sorry, never had the pleasure of only having a sea of 40 v 40 people, the only times I have TWed we had 80 v 80....

If you say it takes no skill, than you should have no problems clicking on things, right? I am not that good compared with other people, usualy takes me a few times to get to click on people that are running around with speed buffs, however, there are people that have no problems what so ever clicking on moving targets.

Once you have your macros set, you just press keys.... Even without macros you just pressing the skills as fast as they become available.

Why do you think people complain about aimbots in fps games? You are asking for the equivalent of a aimbot to be implemented in this game. you could also say that takes no skill to move the mouse to put the crosshairs on a target, and that the real skill is in fire management, bullet management, and picking the correct weapon.

Having to select a target, is the most important skill in PVP. Sometimes your best target is not the closest one. If you have a enemy cleric fully buffed next to you (and you are a wizard) wearing arcane, and a BM in heavy armor a little further away but still in range of your skills, and both are busy with other targets. Which one are you going to attack first, the closest Cleric with elemental resistances up the wazu or the HA BM? It is all about target selection, the rest is press skills as fast as their cooldown allows and following certain order on the skills.
  • youloverce
    youloverce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

1 - I don't really know? That would give veno's a large disadvantage then. They are already squishy. And how bad are you at targetting? Honestly just change your camera angle and click. Auto targeting makes it easier to macro aswell, that is one of the main reasons WoW has so many farmers.

2 - Not a bad suggestion. I doubt it could generate numbers but maybe a note next to squad members naming saying "high" med" "low" aggro. Once you reach high you could just use combat and wait for aggro to go down.
    Proud Member of Harvesteri (LOST CITY - PVP)
    Level 8X Blademaster
    Weapon Specialty Hand Combat (Fist and Claws)
    Some people use there hands to heal and caress, I am not one of them.

Harvester - Gathering the souls of the impure.
  • Sethuriel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sorry, never had the pleasure of only having a sea of 40 v 40 people, the only times I have TWed we had 80 v 80....

If you say it takes no skill, than you should have no problems clicking on things, right? I am not that good compared with other people, usualy takes me a few times to get to click on people that are running around with speed buffs, however, there are people that have no problems what so ever clicking on moving targets.

Once you have your macros set, you just press keys.... Even without macros you just pressing the skills as fast as they become available.

Why do you think people complain about aimbots in fps games? You are asking for the equivalent of a aimbot to be implemented in this game. you could also say that takes no skill to move the mouse to put the crosshairs on a target, and that the real skill is in fire management, bullet management, and picking the correct weapon.

Having to select a target, is the most important skill in PVP. Sometimes your best target is not the closest one. If you have a enemy cleric fully buffed next to you (and you are a wizard) wearing arcane, and a BM in heavy armor a little further away but still in range of your skills, and both are busy with other targets. Which one are you going to attack first, the closest Cleric with elemental resistances up the wazu or the HA BM? It is all about target selection, the rest is press skills as fast as their cooldown allows and following certain order on the skills.

I am not interested in auto target. I am interested in target cycling as i mentioned before. I don't have problem clicking oponents/monsters but this combat system is ****, outdated, and should go away since we also have a WSDA movement system. It is one of those things stopping the game from evolving.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Auto Target its a good ideia The Golden Edges (swords mobs), are harder to take the target, and some times I need to take damage first to get the target (never happened to me in other game). Plus if a Venomancer have a golen with her its IMPOSSIBLE to get the Veno target unless she moves. Two reasons for the target sistem being implemented.

About the Agro its a good ideia as well, with this the dps players will know when to stop attacking for a while.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I wanted to throw in my two cents about Threat readings added into the game - I think it would be a great idea.

First, regarding WoW:

Most people saying you need an add-on for WoW recording threat has not played the latest patch where the percent of threat you are generating to the target is embedded into the mob's hp bar so you don't need an add-on and can slowdown on attacking/healing when the bar gets to the 70-80% threat mark.

Second, regarding most Japan/China/Korea MMOs and Threat:

Most are usually F2P MMOs, which don't have the same steady revenue stream as a P2P subscription-based game. F2P usually has lower quality servers and/or less amounts of available bandwidth. Recording/Calculating threat is a huge bandwidth/resource hog on the servers. If you play a WoW private server they have the threat percentage output variables disabled for that very reason.

Threat recording/output won't ruin the game but it would strain PWI's budget. I have played many Korean MMOs and most have a tank class that holds agro like glue to avoid a WoW-like more expensive setup where threat is constantly changing. As an archer, I already experience being able to pull agro off of anyone no matter if they are way higher than me or how long I wait. When I get upset and ask why, I get the response "Archers pull agro easily" and that basically it is a coin toss to figure out if I am going to pull agro.

I think the tank classes should have skills to immediately pull agro back to them if they lose it (if something like this isn't already in place) because it gets old being a damage dealer class walking on egg shells in the dark. I really like other aspects of the game and the Archer class in all MMOs so I am not switching just airing frustrations and correcting outdated assumptions about WoW.
  • Kenpachisama - Sanctuary
    Kenpachisama - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm all for a damage/threat meter. Bring it on. b:pleased