Video making Q&A

Options
2»

Comments

• PerfectQueen - Lost City
    PerfectQueen - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thx :)....also i have a trailer that i want to go with my movie..how would i get the sound for it to play with my movie?...Limewire?
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    Move that ***** crazy
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    I'm a freak *****, baby
    b:shockedb:kiss
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What are you talking about exactly? Like, a soundtrack, or an actual movie trailer that you just want the sound from?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the 2nd one you said !_!...i just want the sound from the movie trailer
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    Move that ***** crazy
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    I'm a freak *****, baby
  • hawk
    edited May 2009
    Options
    See if you can find the movie trailer on youtube, then go to http://vixy.net/

paste the link to the video in the box there and select the mp3 version, then hit start. If all goes well it will take that youtube video and give you an mp3 file to download that's nothing but the soundtrack. Vixy is pretty hit and miss though, so it might not work.

For the record I've gotten it to work in the past but it's been a long time.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hey hawk look at post #26 b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is there any program who alow us to see models in game? I wanna do some machinima video but i cant find it :S
    For those who doesnt no about this check this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE1tgO-LCh0

Barring the existence of a model viewer, your options are rotoscoping, or else you could probably set up a chroma/luma key.

Find a nice even background that doesn't clash with what your character has (the sky might be an option, or the fog of faraway landscapes when you're flying quite high), film the character against it, then try to key out the background. If you're youtubing it the quality will probably get dropped down so low you can have a fairly rough key and you won't notice a bit of glow or fuzzy edging.

I don't think WMM has any form of keying however, besides some form of chroma key transition which you might be able to use. I've never used WMM, so I wouldn't know.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thx hawk very much b:pleased when i get much further i will have 1 more questionb:surrender.....the sound was messed up so i just typed video converter and got this other good website
    http://online.movavi.com/...has more options..and its free also
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    Move that ***** crazy
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    I'm a freak *****, baby
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't know if i can pull it off, but are we allowed to draw an animation ourselves? Or put 'drawn-by-yourself-frames' in between in-game footage?
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't know if i can pull it off, but are we allowed to draw an animation ourselves? Or put 'drawn-by-yourself-frames' in between in-game footage?

I'm sure that's fine as long as it's Perfect World based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Is there a way to get all the windows to disappear, but still be able to talk? The typed words are very important to my video but I can't have those stupid windows in it. HALP
    yay
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Is there a way to get all the windows to disappear, but still be able to talk? The typed words are very important to my video but I can't have those stupid windows in it. HALP

You can minimize alot of the interface, like the minimap and your char picture and the buttons on the right hand corner. (Click the little green box with the X in it) Can you just add some captions in when editing though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I strongly think it will work. Test it out. Go to an empty space in pwi, with no one else around, and type in general chat with the settings off, your words should appear over your head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just to let you know, windows move maker's compression is **** if you take raw fraps footage and import it and make a video. Honestly, its better if you take your uncompressed fraps footage, run it through Virtual Dub and compress it, then import it into windows movie maker. You can also use virtual dub to crop out certain areas of you video too, like if you dont want the UI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I strongly think it will work. Test it out. Go to an empty space in pwi, with no one else around, and type in general chat with the settings off, your words should appear over your head.

Unfortunately it didn't work. :( Back to the drawing board!
    yay
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If that doesn't work I would suggest looking into putting text into a preexisting video capture. This can turn out really nice if you time some emotes correctly, besides nobody likes watching a character stand motionless while they are supposed to be talking.
  • formykka
    formykka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just to let you know, windows move maker's compression is **** if you take raw fraps footage and import it and make a video. Honestly, its better if you take your uncompressed fraps footage, run it through Virtual Dub and compress it, then import it into windows movie maker. You can also use virtual dub to crop out certain areas of you video too, like if you dont want the UI.

Just a "for general information"...I've been using virtualdub to take out the fraps watermark and ran into some issues when using the compression codecs it has installed. What's worked for me is to save it as uncompressed in VD. When you bring it into WMM, it looks like the playback is stuttering, but once you use "publish movie" it looks fine. Just be aware that an uncompressed 15+ second video clip can easily run into the gigabytes.

In other aspects, if anyone's having ethical issues with using copyrighted music (I don't, personally, but I realize that some people might) there's lots of EPIC action style classical available open source at Musopen. For free sound effects there's also the freesound project. And if anyone needs a great sound editor, totally recommend Goldwave....its a fully functional trial version, but the limit is, like, 3000 edits or so which should last ya several months.
    b:pleased
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    formykka wrote: »
    When you bring it into WMM, it looks like the playback is stuttering, but once you use "publish movie" it looks fine.

That's likely because your computer can't render a preview fast enough given the bitrate/effects you're using.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Trying using windows media enconder, run your videos through that first b4 editing them with WMM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • formykka
    formykka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Trying using windows media enconder, run your videos through that first b4 editing them with WMM

Thanks, that totally helped.
    :)
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hey folks! We're loving the submissions so far, and we hope to see some more before this contest comes to a close. We have uploaded all of the current submissions to our YouTube channel, check them out if you need some inspiration or if you just want to check out the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PWIChannel

P.S. The playlist reflects all submissions received up to this point, we will make an effort to update it with more videos when we get them, however please give us at least 24 hours after submitting your video before you look for it here.
  • _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Noob question, annnnddd proppy already answered, but: How do you get the characters name and faction from floating above their heads? Some setting somewhere. Epic battle w/ blue names = fail, imo lol.
  • hawk
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Noob question, annnnddd proppy already answered, but: How do you get the characters name and faction from floating above their heads? Some setting somewhere. Epic battle w/ blue names = fail, imo lol.

Sorry for the late reply, but you can turn off all instances of text appearing in game by going into your UI tab of the system panels (click the rubix cube in the lower left) and de-selecting the relevant boxes.
  • JEEbez - Dreamweaver
    JEEbez - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So while looking through the original post on the main thread, and such and then looking at the current submissions, I was wondering, are you guys looking for Game Trailers like you have on the website for viewing, or an actual movie trailer where you come up with a plot etc? Or does either or work. Thanks :)
  • hawk
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You could probably do either one. Just keep it within the time limitations and relevant to the contest's subject matter.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Quick question, if I send it at 4:59pm will it still be accepted?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • herculesx
    herculesx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
  • MaWa - Sanctuary
    MaWa - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    why is the other thread closed?:S

finally my video is done and I cant post it now?:D