How To Buy/Sell Zen Ingame(Guide to Making a Gold Account)

Comments

• Haks - Sanctuary
    Haks - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks now i know how to buy Gold
    Lvl:42 Barb with a bunch of spiritb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haks - Sanctuary
    Haks - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thx now i can get gold!
    Lvl:42 Barb with a bunch of spiritb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aquilonianbarbar
    aquilonianbarbar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, lets see if I understood your question properly:

Your ONLY interaction with Zen is if you spend actual money on the game (USD, EUR, etc.). The currency conversion rate from USD -> Zen is 1 USD to 100 Zen.

Zen is tied to your global account (i.e. the username/password that you use to log into the server or the forums with). Once you acquire Zen, you can transfer it to a single character. During this process Zen changes to Silver at a rate of 1 Zen to 1 Silver. (100 Silver makes 1 Gold).

Once an individual character has Gold, that character can deposit it into an Auction House "holding account" and sell it for Coin (which is strictly in game currency). The Auction House does not allow you to sell Silver piecies, only Gold pieces. The current conversion rate from Gold to Coin (at least on Heaven's Tear) is 1 Gold to 120,000 Coin.

The reason you buy Zen with your real currency is because it allows users to buy large sums of "charge," and then split up the amounts equally among all their characters spanning several servers, and still get the benefits of the bulk discounts.

Actually that was WAY more helpful to me than the "guide" on the first page
  • Siri_ - Sanctuary
    Siri_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That's all fine and dandy however unless the Gold Trade Account is unlocked the sell/buy options are unavailable - which is what stumps me, the unlocking the darn account. I read somewhere that the initial password is blank - tried it and got Password Error. Somewhere else it said that it's the same password as your bank - tried it, Password Error. It's frustrating.

How did you unlock your account? I think that, along with what's in the first post, would help a lot of people.
  • FearTheMagic - Lost City
    FearTheMagic - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Problem here also, when i try to buy gold it says: Your account balance is too low lvl. WTFb:sad
    What am i doing wrong?
  • Ravinder - Dreamweaver
    Ravinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i m new in here ... i want to buy silver n gold coins ... how can i get these things ?
  • nivuki
    nivuki Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    2009-07-13%2014-46-06.jpg
    why dont i get gold my total 126000 coins >then 123000 of guy selling gold 126 quantity in the image up?
    i put 1000 1 gold coin because 123000/126=976.19047619048 which is his worth for 1 gold
    What did i do wrong?

thank you very much for helping me understand gold transactions
  • nivuki
    nivuki Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    price shown is for 1 G

sry for being stupidb:embarrass
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    heimlich wrote: »
    I am a new player and I understand the guide just fine the way it's worded. What I don't understand is why I have to buy Zen and then sell it. Why can't I just buy gold?

EXACTLY.... Well said. This is exactly what I think too.

I'd love to know what profit the company gets from selling zen then converting it to gold in the games. Why can't it be a one for one trade? Sounds scammish to me somehow. I understand they sell currency for several games using one currency (zen) that way but I think they are purposefully making it more complicated in order to skim somewhere. That's what businesses are known for. The more complicated the transaction & exchange rates the more likely they worked out a formula to skim somewhere. That's just how business is in the world.

I think the prices of things are really out of line when you consider 100 zen is only 1 gold.

and yeah it's very stupid they call the gold we pick up from killing "coins" but make them gold & shiny. I'm with Cat on that. No other game confuses things THIS far about the money in game. Must be a reason.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    EXACTLY.... Well said. This is exactly what I think too.

I'd love to know what profit the company gets from selling zen then converting it to gold in the games. Why can't it be a one for one trade? Sounds scammish to me somehow. I understand they sell currency for several games using one currency (zen) that way but I think they are purposefully making it more complicated in order to skim somewhere. That's what businesses are known for. The more complicated the transaction & exchange rates the more likely they worked out a formula to skim somewhere. That's just how business is in the world.

I think the prices of things are really out of line when you consider 100 zen is only 1 gold.

and yeah it's very stupid they call the gold we pick up from killing "coins" but make them gold & shiny. I'm with Cat on that. No other game confuses things THIS far about the money in game. Must be a reason.

Check the other f2p sites, more than a few have a $1.00 to 100 in game currency ratio. There's no skimming taking place, unless you include the money we have to share with partners. But that's only our problem and it doesn't affect users. It's not really complicated, just add 2 zeros. When you convert in PWI, It comes out to $1 = 1 gold anyway, seems pretty straightforward IMO.

Check this link for specific info about our game conversion rates
    https://billing.perfectworld.com/exchange
  • Integra_ - Sanctuary
    Integra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah im having the same problem with making money lol. im lvl 33 and i only have 143K of the ingame coins and absolutely no gold (cs money) :( i cant buy cs money cause i dont have any real money o.e (fail). Does anyone know a way to make more money besides the dq selling? I want to buy the crimson flying mount :) lol only 17 more levels before i can get it :)

tytytytytytytytytyty for guide :) i think now that the point has been made about the terms difference so there isnt any point in more grumbling.....
  • Integra_ - Sanctuary
    Integra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    oh and btw, the coins you pick up dont look gold to me....they look bronze. The shiney sparkles are on every thing the mobs drop....not just the coins b:sweat ......

lol dont bite my head off?

kthnxbai
  • CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver
    CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    okay quick question, under the selling list, it says XXXX coins per gold right?
    also, when i set a price to buy gold and click ok, in the listings section it says "Sell 1 --- 183500 8/1 14:05" under my section (left) is this right? and i also cannot delete this, please help
  • miamikilled
    miamikilled Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    can u get zen in the game wit out buying by doing quest
  • Wynthy - Heavens Tear
    Wynthy - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    cool thnx[CENTERb:laugh][/CENTER]very very helpful
  • bulderbabo
    bulderbabo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How much have Zen been in goldb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Kaede_aki - Heavens Tear
    Kaede_aki - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm completely new to this so I have a newbie question. If you have let's say two different accounts(or more), and you want to transfer gold between characters between those two accounts, how do you do this?

Can these two trade/transfer gold directly, like meet in-game in a specific area(although that would mean using two computers) ? Because buying CS items with my main account and posting the item thru mail(and have to wait for one hour to arrive on the other) seems very awkward to me. What's the best way ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Echoing this person's question. Is there a way to directly transfer gold in game to another account? Say I want to give some as a gift to a friend for a birthday or whatever.
    Ciara Sable
    Cherry Jinx
    Whoever else is rambling around in my head...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was wondering how much in coins is it for x amount of zen?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • aruman
    aruman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    demi01 wrote: »
    keep looking up online how to sell zen. i like playing games but if there is no way for me to put anything in my pocket investing my time its a bad investment. so when i go in game get coins trade coins for gold then gold for zen how do i trade zen for cash. i cant find a site that does this yet.(if this is not a possible the game is a waist of time) i want to get extras for my char. but extras for me to. any mmorpg that trys to stop this from going on cuts out hundreds of thousands of fans will never get a true five star rate and is sure to bomb when a new game comes out allowing it. (i can sell my pokerstars play money chips for 10$ a mill people are still buying silkroad coin online is there a way to do this or was the game just a big waist of my time and the developers) game makers should keep open to outside trade games pay out 50k on game battle ladders and they have tuns of them. never have a hobby if it cant make money. if you enjoy it you will spend money. the option of makeing it has to be there. so when people ask how do you sell zen that does not mean trade ( TRADE ) because your coins are not real so its not a sale its a digital barter.
    how do you SELL zen. SELL

when you get zen for gold you made a sale gold for zen a purchase you payed for gold with real cash. so many pages on selling zen and not one tells you how. only tells how to purchase gold with it.

(kinds get the feeling i am going to get a really long response from admin about terms of use and policy) just say move on this ones a waist of your time

DEMIGOD

OMG... it isnt you that has to make money... Its PW. You just have to play and enjoy...
    If you want to make money, go work.
  • Love_fox - Harshlands
    Love_fox - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    how do i transfer in game money to zen?
  • getsuugan
    getsuugan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hmm, lets see if I understood your question properly:

Your ONLY interaction with Zen is if you spend actual money on the game (USD, EUR, etc.). The currency conversion rate from USD -> Zen is 1 USD to 100 Zen.

Zen is tied to your global account (i.e. the username/password that you use to log into the server or the forums with). Once you acquire Zen, you can transfer it to a single character. During this process Zen changes to Silver at a rate of 1 Zen to 1 Silver. (100 Silver makes 1 Gold).

Once an individual character has Gold, that character can deposit it into an Auction House "holding account" and sell it for Coin (which is strictly in game currency). The Auction House does not allow you to sell Silver piecies, only Gold pieces. The current conversion rate from Gold to Coin (at least on Heaven's Tear) is 1 Gold to 120,000 Coin.

The reason you buy Zen with your real currency is because it allows users to buy large sums of "charge," and then split up the amounts equally among all their characters spanning several servers, and still get the benefits of the bulk discounts.
    Actually that was WAY more helpful to me than the "guide" on the first page

I know XD Im not that new to PW but it took me a while to figure it out.

...So you buy zen with USD, 1 USD = 100 zen = 100 silver = 1 Gold.

ok thanks, that really helped me understand.

thanks again Irontygress
  • jessyph
    jessyph Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hi~!
    I've got 10 gold and tried selling 1 gold in the auction.
    And is says insufficient fund, y is that so? since the fee is 2silver and
    I still have 9 gold with me. Can anyone guide me with this, coz i need
    coins badly~! b:surrender

• Arrowwz - Sanctuary
    Arrowwz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When will we get money? Until they can buy it??

may i have gold any1b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • xajdakingx
    xajdakingx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Good stuff. How about the "unlock" feature and password setup? *Yes mine is setup, but as a guide.

How do you buy gold with money?
  • Finn_haar - Sanctuary
    Finn_haar - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    maybe a silly question but how much is 1 GOLD... ? is that 100 or 1000 zen?
  • Cradyn - Dreamweaver
    Cradyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    maybe a silly question but how much is 1 GOLD... ? is that 100 or 1000 zen?

And questions like these..make you wonder if people can even read..or if they just ask someone to type the question for them without even looking at the forums for the answer...

*Points 4 posts above quoted post...*

""1 USD = 100 zen = 100 silver = 1 Gold.""
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How much would 5 gold sell for at the AH or What is the best asking price?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • desiregoddess
    desiregoddess Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Will be ZEN purchasing allowed at any other areas apart from the USA? b:lipcurl
  • Taelara_Moon - Harshlands
    Taelara_Moon - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    why cant i ever qualify for survey of the day
  • marlena21
    marlena21 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Will be ZEN purchasing allowed at any other areas apart from the USA? b:lipcurl
    This question is also interesting for me. Waiting for the answer