no or larger chat cap

Options
Kea - Harshlands
Kea - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I dont know if im the only one but i find it irksome to type in a message and mid sentence im cut of by the chat cap and have to send and send anogther message just to finish it.

so thats why i think a chat cap that is larger than a sentence, maybe 250-300 characters would be better than the current cause really 150 or so isnt enough, and is so annoying as i have to edit what i say or use acrynyms.

for example WTB and when people pm me they ask me how much im selling for when its obviouse that WTB = want to buy and WTS= want to sell. so all this causes players to get the wrong idea all this is due to the cap not being large enough. i can understand a need for a cap but the size of the current one instead of stopping spam it creates more.

so in summary larger cap or no cap at all
Post edited by Kea - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mon_Fang - Sanctuary
    Mon_Fang - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree. I can't get my thoughts though because of the cap and I often get missunderstood.
  • Kajinn - Heavens Tear
    Kajinn - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i wish we could filter out world chat out of normal chat
  • soulice21
    soulice21 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They probably have that, so there is not as much traffic on the servers. Otherwise, I agree.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Extension yes, no limit no way.

You can set the filters to your preferance by clicking the icon in tha very bottom left corner of the screen.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, the cap can be very annoying. If I'm not paying attention I keep typing and typing and about half the words aren't even typed. And when a word is cut off I lose space in my next message trying to correct it. It would also make messages more clear.

In contrast world chat would get out of hand FAST, b:shocked which none of us want to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right