Piggyback option.

Options
Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I have heard this issue on the forums quite some time and I thought it's about time to come up with an idea to resolve it, and even add an idea of my own to improve it even farther.

Say there was another carrying option. Say Piggybacking someone. It could work for male or female characters trying to carry same gender characters. If you need to carry someone just hoist them on you back and off you go.

Embrace same/opposite gender characters:
Now this one has been a hot topic since I first started. The one main thing is that the embrace option currently existent is made for something more along the lines of marriage. Now I do approve of the same sex marriage thing going on now but game-wise you would have to edit the bride and groom packs so you can get both items necessary to take to the matchmaker for a same sex marriage from using 2 bride/groom packs and it would be a hassle to do so. so this could be made for just friend who need to carry people around.

Combat while carrying someone:
Now the main reason why there can be no combat or even casting a spell while embracing someone is because your arms are completely used up. In the real world if your piggy backing someone and your back and neck can take it and your not moving you can be hands free while carrying someone. Since we're talking about a video game though this wouldn't be an issue in the least. As long as you aren't moving you can fight while someone is on your back.

Carry the dead:
Now as a cleric I had this happen a lot. Random person comes up to you on the field and asks "can you res my friend?" and have to go out of your way to res said friend. Now the piggy back option can be used to actually carry the dead with you while you try to find a cleric to res. Now i know I'll have people saying "it defeats the purpose of having a friend find a cleric if they have to go back to town" But think of the experience saving as well when it comes to this. sure you had to have your buddy drag your lifeless husk of a body back to town for a res but you still get to save on a bit of experience. And I know people have came across this 1 as well. Your die on a field and there's only 1 character near you and they're not a cleric and your just about to level up, like one more kill. You can ask them a favor to take you back to town to save on even the slightest bit of XP.

Any way that's my idea. If you have anything to add or a comment on it please do so. Again no haters or "never going to happen"s. I like to keep open ideas on the threads and am open for discussion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Qimdeik - Heavens Tear
    Qimdeik - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i like the "carrying your dead mate around half PW to safe him a 1hour-1weeks grinding so he wont quit the game that took his hard earned xp" thumps up for that.

fighting whil carrying someone..that sounds cool. thumps up.

same gender.....lesbb:shutupb:chuckle .....dont wanna sound perverted -.-
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Carrying dead sounds nice. I've started a thread for allowing females on mounts to carry a guy so us "rich" veno's can fly/ride our hubbies away into the sunset since they're broke from repairs or lvl slower than us >_< BUT we wouldn't literally be carrying them in our arms.. just have same positions but female's mount and steering, how does that sound? can even do that with the dead person's body then, MUCH FASTER!

You get that idea when ur a lvl 72 veno with a lvl 24 hubby._. not very fun running on foot....

the whole same gender thing... uh .. we got enough males running around in-game that have no problem giving rides to female chars XD
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ohh this might be a good idea actually

i was never really for the females holding the guys thigns
    because
    well..

<.<
    that'd have to be one beastly female

but this would be cool piggy back would be atleast more plausible..

also the carrying around the dead would be cool
  • Kiani - Dreamweaver
    Kiani - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I like this idea.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Carrying dead sounds nice. I've started a thread for allowing females on mounts to carry a guy so us "rich" veno's can fly/ride our hubbies away into the sunset since they're broke from repairs or lvl slower than us >_< BUT we wouldn't literally be carrying them in our arms.. just have same positions but female's mount and steering, how does that sound? can even do that with the dead person's body then, MUCH FASTER!

You get that idea when ur a lvl 72 veno with a lvl 24 hubby._. not very fun running on foot....

the whole same gender thing... uh .. we got enough males running around in-game that have no problem giving rides to female chars XD

Sounds like a good idea but that would involve a lot more graphic work on the graphic designer's part then I originally intended with this. Granted there would be a few matters with the winged elves when flying as well. I'm still trying to work out the whole concept in my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think your idea to carry the dead to a Cleric is totally awesome!

I can see it now:
    "Hey! What ya got there?"
    "Some dead Barb that wanted to take on 10 mobs at once!"
    "Really? Taking him to the cleric huh?
    "No! There's a bonfire burning over yonder, thought I'd toss him in there."
    "Really?"
    "No, of course I'm taking him to the cleric! Besides I get 1 Spirit and Rep point
    out of the deal."
    "Kool! I saw 3 dead people on my travels, going back to see if I can help them out!"

Seriously, wouldn't that mimic reality if clerics were real world?

This also fits nicely with an idea I posted in another thread, regarding Clerics and rep/spirit points for assisting others.

Hope it's not a violation of rules to post link to that thread - if so, MOD please make appropriate corrections here and make chastisement as mild as possible?

My suggestion thread here:
    (Please Right click on the link and open in a new tab)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=288632

Unfortunately I neglected to include "REP points" as option in the Vote options

I have heard this issue on the forums quite some time and I thought it's about time to come up with an idea to resolve it, and even add an idea of my own to improve it even farther.

Say there was another carrying option. Say Piggybacking someone. It could work for male or female characters trying to carry same gender characters. If you need to carry someone just hoist them on you back and off you go.

Embrace same/opposite gender characters:
    Now this one has been a hot topic since I first started. The one main thing is that the embrace option currently existent is made for something more along the lines of marriage. Now I do approve of the same sex marriage thing going on now but game-wise you would have to edit the bride and groom packs so you can get both items necessary to take to the matchmaker for a same sex marriage from using 2 bride/groom packs and it would be a hassle to do so. so this could be made for just friend who need to carry people around.

Combat while carrying someone:
    Now the main reason why there can be no combat or even casting a spell while embracing someone is because your arms are completely used up. In the real world if your piggy backing someone and your back and neck can take it and your not moving you can be hands free while carrying someone. Since we're talking about a video game though this wouldn't be an issue in the least. As long as you aren't moving you can fight while someone is on your back.

Carry the dead:
    Now as a cleric I had this happen a lot. Random person comes up to you on the field and asks "can you res my friend?" and have to go out of your way to res said friend. Now the piggy back option can be used to actually carry the dead with you while you try to find a cleric to res. Now i know I'll have people saying "it defeats the purpose of having a friend find a cleric if they have to go back to town" But think of the experience saving as well when it comes to this. sure you had to have your buddy drag your lifeless husk of a body back to town for a res but you still get to save on a bit of experience. And I know people have came across this 1 as well. Your die on a field and there's only 1 character near you and they're not a cleric and your just about to level up, like one more kill. You can ask them a favor to take you back to town to save on even the slightest bit of XP.

Any way that's my idea. If you have anything to add or a comment on it please do so. Again no haters or "never going to happen"s. I like to keep open ideas on the threads and am open for discussion.
  • Shoonhena - Harshlands
    Shoonhena - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My first thought was cool! But then I thought about real life. It is uncommon for those needing a medic on the battlefield to be carried to a medic. No, someone yells "Medic" and the medic comes to you as soon as they have the chance. The medic should, and does receive all of the accolades and rewards...not the person that dragged their buddy to a medic and not the person that yelled "medic". Those people are rewarded by having their friend saved, The medic is the real one sacrificing. We clerics are that medic. We often have nobody to save us.

What could be done though is the granting of experience and reputation or whatever to clerics for doing their jobs in the same manner the blademaster etc. is rewarded for doing their own job of killing. The other thing would be something like a blinking red dot on the mini map for the cleric to see a body is there needing saved. That would allow clerics to always do their job and still advance for doing it.

One last idea... How about a few cleric specific quests? Things could be simple like cast this buff on x number of people. Rez this # of people in this area, etc. That also can force the cleric to learn all their skills making us that much more useful to our fellow citizens of Perfect World.
    Shoonhena = The Fox in Lakotahb:kiss
    Witko = Silly or Crazy So I am Silly Fox or Crazy Fox
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You cannot fight while carrying someone.. what are you going to do? let the girl/boy fight from your arms?

I am all for the idea of letting same sex or females carry males. but not anything more like experience when killed or not in the general area helping to kill. it is too exploitable.
  • Insergapwn - Harshlands
    Insergapwn - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    that'd have to be one beastly female

Madness, you try and use reality in a game with tigers, panda & wolves that fight along with elves that have wings and neko's with pet wild animals
  • Shoonhena - Harshlands
    Shoonhena - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Madness, you try and use reality in a game with tigers, panda & wolves that fight along with elves that have wings and neko's with pet wild animals

That is an excellent point! I do appreciate things like physics to still apply though. Ever find yourself sitting a couple feet in the air? I may be tiny even for an elf, but, I do weigh more than air! lol
    Shoonhena = The Fox in Lakotahb:kiss
    Witko = Silly or Crazy So I am Silly Fox or Crazy Fox
  • SinopaTokala - Sanctuary
    SinopaTokala - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That is an excellent point! I do appreciate things like physics to still apply though. Ever find yourself sitting a couple feet in the air? I may be tiny even for an elf, but, I do weigh more than air! lol

Physics? When you can jump 4-5 times your own height.... Then you have the whole humans spending hours at a time underwater with no artificial means of breathing. When you consider all the other "physics flaws", why not let females carry males?
  • Gosu_shami - Sanctuary
    Gosu_shami - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I can agree to having females carry males on mounts. It doesn't need too be an embrace like the ones present in the game now cuz it'll just be like giving a friend a ride. As for females carrying females, i see nothing wrong with that if ur friend jumps on th back of ur mount too. I don't know if any male would wanna carry another male, but that is no big prob either. I agree with the piggyback rides instead of the simple lovy-dovy embrace (which should jsut be for married couples) present now. Not because u ask a guy for a free ride he should be allowed to hold u that close.

I don't think carrying the dead would actually be a great idea. Saving exp is great yea but making everything a lil tooo simple is kinda irritating too...

As for same sex marriages... I don't think it needs to be introduced into the game. It's no issue what people do in their real lives, but introducing something like that into a game is just going a lil too far in my opinion.
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I can agree to having females carry males on mounts. It doesn't need too be an embrace like the ones present in the game now cuz it'll just be like giving a friend a ride. As for females carrying females, i see nothing wrong with that if ur friend jumps on th back of ur mount too. I don't know if any male would wanna carry another male, but that is no big prob either. I agree with the piggyback rides instead of the simple lovy-dovy embrace (which should jsut be for married couples) present now. Not because u ask a guy for a free ride he should be allowed to hold u that close.

I don't think carrying the dead would actually be a great idea. Saving exp is great yea but making everything a lil tooo simple is kinda irritating too...

As for same sex marriages... I don't think it needs to be introduced into the game. It's no issue what people do in their real lives, but introducing something like that into a game is just going a lil too far in my opinion.
    if u like my idea please show some support here ^^
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287161b:victory
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I support this idea! I wold love to be able to carry my buddies in tiger form at least.
  • Resdya - Lost City
    Resdya - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    My first thought was cool! But then I thought about real life. It is uncommon for those needing a medic on the battlefield to be carried to a medic. No, someone yells "Medic" and the medic comes to you as soon as they have the chance. The medic should, and does receive all of the accolades and rewards...not the person that dragged their buddy to a medic and not the person that yelled "medic". Those people are rewarded by having their friend saved, The medic is the real one sacrificing. We clerics are that medic. We often have nobody to save us.

Spoken like a non military person. In some situations there is no medic on a battlefield. And the injured wind up getting draged out screaming by their packs to get what help they can untill they get to the med station. and when there is a medic not only does the medic help but they grab any pair of hands they see to help. i think all classes should be able to help but the res should be a cleric only SPELL. there could be a method to resurect for all classes. Like 20 or 30 res flowers.

But also i see your point. Clerics need to get exp or spirit or something for our doing our jobs. and i think the dead should be marked on the mini map. that would be slick. i also think clerics should max their rez. yeah we might get asked to cross the map to res someone but that is y we are clerics AND we can say im busy or just no. but the dead u raise today might be the tank for ur next hh,tt,fb,boss u need killed.
  • Mon_Fang - Sanctuary
    Mon_Fang - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    An idea worthy of a Gamey. I like the option to carry people because it allows them to travel safely when suddenly the have to go afk or they just too lazy(Trust me, I know about this). But the "Embrase" option gets a bit...uh...personal and, to me, feels too weird for just friends.

Also I like every single idea in this topic, now copy, traslate, and post on the origienal game site (i.e. the Chinese one)
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That's the greatest and most useful suggestion i've seen here !!!! b:victory
    I love the "carry the dead" idea (and the dialog someone made about it) lol

I wonder how a poor veno would look carrying a barb on her back b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • nuffman
    nuffman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well. thats uhh, wrong.. for a start.

in the army they have a medic tent (where the medics are) and my grandfarther earned a medal in the war for carrying a injured comrade through the firestorm to a medic and saving his life.

GOOD IDEA, i get how females might not me able to carry males without a mount. but girls should be able to carry girls at least.
  • Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't see it put in the game. The embrace thing is suppose to be the romantic side of the game and nothing more. Piggyback is just weird. To see a dude carrying someone on his back is far too weird.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute