Blademasters

johny101
johny101 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Whos is the better pker? Barb or BM. Ihave heard BM cause they can stunn ur **** with the aoe stun of theres. But i have also heard a Barb cause they have a lot of health and can take and absorb punishment. But i have also heard that a BM does more damage on average vs a Barb. Plz telle meb:victory
Post edited by johny101 on

Comments

• Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Depends on if the player knows how to use their own player skill with the build they made.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    doesnt matter imo, both have extremely hard times taking each other out. 1v1 they same taking out robies and light armors, both are extremely effective in team PvP, team PvP bm's play a bigger role though.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antonioo - Lost City
    Antonioo - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    they are both good.

a BM who has max level stuns can prevent someone from moving for a quite long time if the stuns are chained correctly, which is good because everyone tries to kite.

barbs are very hard to kill and they have a skill that deals insane damage:

(copy and paste from ecatomb)
    Armageddon Level 10
    Range: Melee
    Channel: 0.4 seconds
    Cast: 1.8 seconds
    Cooldown: 30.0 seconds
    Weapon: Axe & Hammer
    Requisite Cultivation: Transcendant

Consume all ones Chi, and trade half of all HP and mana for a massive attack to all targets in a range of 12 meters from the caster. Inflicts 4000 physical damage. Each point of HP and mana consumed in casting adds an addtional 4.0 damage.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Overall barbs are better in pvp. More survivability. Fastest spamming skills. A move that can pretty much one shot all arcane and light armors. And a stun that never misses. This is just pvp. They are also the most wanted pve class.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Blademaster > Barb
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    From what I have seen BM's > Barb for stunlock (ty genies help around this...sort of) and Barb > BM for survivability. Of course it's always situational.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
    edited June 2009
    please dont tell me you just said bms have higher survivability than barbs b:chuckle

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol epic fail.

Barbs are better than Bm, we have tons of HP and we have stun skills too.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to both the offended barb's I am dyslexic (if you don't know what it is look it up) so before you jump down people's throats consider that a human writes these things and hey guess what we make mistakes.
    edited June 2009
    before your offended, remember im just a troll b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venolol - Lost City
    Venolol - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    johny101 wrote: »
    Whos is the better pker? Barb or BM. Ihave heard BM cause they can stunn ur **** with the aoe stun of theres. But i have also heard a Barb cause they have a lot of health and can take and absorb punishment. But i have also heard that a BM does more damage on average vs a Barb. Plz telle meb:victory
    Barb is , no questions asked
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If I HAD to choosebetween the two, I have to say Blademasterb:bye
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Barb is , no questions asked
    Pro player is, no questions.

I've met both awful barbs and stunning (hehe) bms; its down to player's skill.

P.S. b:bye crypticsmoke, gg 7X barb holypathing from 6X wiz.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Venolol - Lost City
    Venolol - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Pro player is, no questions.

I've met both awful barbs and stunning (hehe) bms; its down to player's skill.

P.S. b:bye crypticsmoke, gg 7X barb holypathing from 6X wiz.

WRONG
    it comes down to GEAR NUB Cash shop and refine FTW that is what wins itb:bye
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    WRONG
    it comes down to GEAR NUB Cash shop and refine FTW that is what wins itb:bye
    WRONG. Everyone can cash shop and refine.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Barbs overall are better pkers, but blademasters have their own uses. Mainly in group pvp.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thankssir
    thankssir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Barbs overall are better pkers, but blademasters have their own uses. Mainly in group pvp.

:P Amour's right
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    From what I have seen BM's > Barb for stunlock (ty genies help around this...sort of) and Barb > BM for survivability. Of course it's always situational.
    please dont tell me you just said bms have higher survivability than barbs b:chuckle

Let me try and make it more clear for you, Sticky.
    Barb > BM for survivability

( Oh and by the way > means "greater than" )

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hard to decide, depends on your build and playing style and wether or not you know how to play yoru character
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited June 2009
    Let me try and make it more clear for you, Sticky.

( Oh and by the way > means "greater than" )

b:bye

oh, btw, he changed his post you noob. at first he said bm's have greater survivability than barbs. i know how to read.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Barb is far better than BM 1v1 as pker. A Bm is more usefull for group pvp tho.
    I don't really got those ppl saying "its about playing style and knowing your class" bullshiet lol. Mostly they're lvl 60 nubbies and haven't yet realized that this game isn't 100% balanced in pvp.

A barb that dies 1v1 against any other class but veno + nix is pretty fail.
    Barb as class do pretty high dmg and can tank several ppl. A BM on the other hand cant do both. They either go dmg build, adding dex/str and have low vita, meening they die fast. Or they pump vita and play more support, doing low dmg and cant really kill much solo, but can chain stun and dragon for DD classes without dying in TW.

Barbs on the other hand have to luxury to have both hp and dmg b:angry.
  • Antonioo - Lost City
    Antonioo - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i play a BM and i love my stuns!

BUT i think barbs are a bit better for PVP

Barbs are better for taking surprise attacks.
    ill now explain why.

1- they have alot more HP
    2- BMs have marrows. these are skills which let u increase Pdef or Mdef at the cost of Pdef or Mdef.

example: increased Pdef = decreased Mdef.

when a BM is grinding at Phy mobs they have 1% Mdef which make them extremely weak to magic attacks.

before the genie update,. it was normal that barbs and BMs had hard times taking each other out. but there is a genie skill called Thunderstorm which deals AWESOME HIGH metal damage. a BM is on Pdef marrow when fighting a barb. so the barb can take the BM out more easy with thunderstorm.

a BM who gets attacked with thunderstorm while he/she is on the wrong marrow takes ALOT of damage.

also.. tree of protection works alot better with barbs because it heals their full awesome insane HP-bar!.

all classes can break free from stuns now thanks to genies.

the genies favor the barbs. i think it is because the devs want the ''unique'' classes (barbs and venomancers which u dont see in many other games) to have more power

BMs are supposed to stun.

drake bash stuns for 6 secs (always stuns when hit)
    roar of the pride stuns for 6 secs (98% chance to stun)
    aeolian blade stuns for 3 secs (50% chance to stun)

6+6+3 = 15

and 15 seconds is the cooldown for drake bash and roar of the pride.

sorry for my english, im not from americab:surrender
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oh, btw, he changed his post you noob. at first he said bm's have greater survivability than barbs. i know how to read.

FINALLY someone gets it. b:sleep

(FedTehNOOB)

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    for the future look for the Last edited by Piliener - Lost City; 06-12-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Oops missed a part under the post BEFORE jumping down people's throats
  • BloodyWolves - Dreamweaver
    BloodyWolves - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i Bloodywolves call out all that is Lv 27 and 28 and 29 to a Duel.
    i will take on all that come to Duel me but u have to be at Lv 27 28 29 or 30, that is all, im in Dream, if u need to know
    BloodyWolves b:sin
    Tensa Zangetsu
  • BloodyWolves - Dreamweaver
    BloodyWolves - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    look to all that think they can take me, im at Lv 28 and i will duel anyone one thats a Lv 28 or 30, im godd at this game and im at 190-1 right now. who nextz
    BloodyWolves b:sin
    Tensa Zangetsu
  • AngelicOne - Heavens Tear
    AngelicOne - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I watched a barb higher level than my friend change into tiger and start running because he was getting it handed to him (duel, not actual pk. neither used health restorers (d-sutra or pots)) (friend is medium build (all wep bm) and was level 64 at the time using fists. Drake's breath bash hurt barbs b/c fire damage>>>barb.) Needless to say, I think Bms are better. Depends on situation though.
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    AsHeZ - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Assuming same gear and skill level :P

1v1 BM vs Barb : BMs > Barbs. Dragon+Thunderstorm combo hitting for 7k+. Nuff said.

1v1 PK : Both classes are awesome but Barbs not being able to stunlock makes it easier for others to get away or kite them. However trying to kill a barb 1v1 is very frustrating.

Group PvP : BMs > Barbs. AoE stun/ Dragon/ Stunlocks makes them one of the primary targets. Barbs are usually taken out after the main threats are neutralized.

TW : BM = Barb. Both play valuable rolls here.

Genies are not really implemented in favor of any class…it's the build of the character, Genie and how you use the skills that will make you a better PvPr.