Guild bank?

Options
lipe124
lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
In the past its always been an issue when u collect HH mats or the guild mebers where to store it so its easy to get to. And it has many other usefull aplications.

Soo guild bank please
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
Post edited by lipe124 on

Comments

• prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I agree, a guild bank is almost VITAL. D: We're deprived.

But, since they most likely will not implement a guild bank, just make a lvl 1 character to hoard all the guild's items. Makeshift guild bank. :D
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yea thats a workaround. But lvl1 chars have small storages etc. Its a comon feature in other mmo's and i think it would improve the "leetness" of PW as a whole if we could have a nice 25slot or so guild bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • prosper
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    yea thats a workaround. But lvl1 chars have small storages etc. Its a comon feature in other mmo's and i think it would improve the "leetness" of PW as a whole if we could have a nice 25slot or so guild bank.

Yeah, it's been very helpful in games that don't have such a space-sucking crafting system as PW. You can always transfer extra bank quest items from your members' chars to the storage mule so you can complete them easily, but...still. PW needs a guildbank system.
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, I meantioned this in the official suggestions thread... along with guild wallet.
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I agree that a guild bank would be nice ^^ However, I think that with a guild bank, a log of items taken in/out of guild bank would be useful too. Having mules everywhere is boring xD
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • prosper
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kelo wrote: »
    I agree that a guild bank would be nice ^^ However, I think that with a guild bank, a log of items taken in/out of guild bank would be useful too. Having mules everywhere is boring xD

Not to mention confusing.
  • kaiasa
    kaiasa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yeah i think that too a guild bank and wallet makes things much easier, i would also love to see a guild hq like in COH where guild members can gather and talk,craft, duel in safety (in a mini arena ) and have the aforemention guild bank and wallet. i think thats hat most mmorpgs with guilds miss everytime a hq base or hangout for the members. this would make organising guilds easier too.
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ah yes. faction banks. Wondered when this would come up.

Faction banks are a fun thing. everyone expects to donate and store a huge base of gold and also spirit on some sites.

That idea is completely exploitable for the simple reason if anyone can take out coin, wha tis to keep someone form donating 200 mil to everyone and totally disrupting the game, currency trade etc.

Im all for a faction bank but here is how I think it would work on running.

Let's say the cap is 100 mil coin.

Let's say 30% of all coins picked up goes directly into the coffer. It is used ONLY for TW and also upgrading the guild. Even 50 mil or 25 mil would do on this..

Once maxxed out the rest of the coin goes directly back to the players.

Players still can donate into it to get it up quickly. but with the money used only for the tw and faction upgrades as intended it should work without anyone being able to exploit it.

The only wildcard is if the leaders disband the faction on purpose just to get the 25 mil on the maximum or minimum. If that is the case, I would suggest if that happens a gm gets a ticket automatically to check into things fairly. A record of who wa sint e faction could be taken and coin distributed fairly and evenly to everyone afte r a set period might work.

But if this happens then the ones cannot make another guild for 30 days but might join a faction.. but exempt on donations to keep the coffers from becoming a way to get free unlimited gold.
  • SinopaTokala - Sanctuary
    SinopaTokala - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Problem is, if your faction is anything like mine you waste 25 million coins that your members might have used otherwise. My faction consists of myself and people I know in real life. I can't see us ever participating in a TW and I MAY upgrade to a level 2 faction, but don't see a reason I would ever need bigger.

However, I really would like to have a place for Bank Mats, Crafting Mats, and Armor/Weapons that my faction members could use, not to mention arrows/bolts/shot for my archers.
  • Hederamas - Lost City
    Hederamas - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    simply put the guild bank relys on trust. the leaders/title holders of any guild should all be responsible for bank.

it doesnt matter to the GM's or other players what they do with it. the idea of playing a pyramid scheme to make money for another guild is just the same as when the big guilds invited loads of lowbies into the guild for the blood tablet weekend.

it happens!!

but this is important, a guild that sticks together and puts items into a bank for others to use would be stronger than one that doesnt. that doesnt sound like a bad idea to me?

also a guild bank could make better use of a cat shop by selling unwanted items from one shop rather than a shop from half the guild members.

the only thing is to have settings and logs and passwords just like the gold trading rly... i cant see any real issue against having a guild bank

PLEASE GM'S MAKE A GUILD BANK!!
    A Faction With a Difference, Nakatomi!
    xfire.com/clans/nakatomi
  • SinopaTokala - Sanctuary
    SinopaTokala - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    PLEASE GM'S MAKE A GUILD BANK!!

Problem is the GMs can't do anything about 99.9% of the suggestions here, the Developers are the ones that have to do that. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen a developer on here.
  • Calibria - Heavens Tear
    Calibria - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Problem is the GMs can't do anything about 99.9% of the suggestions here, the Developers are the ones that have to do that. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen a developer on here.

You may have a point but if everyone were on to this little bit i think suggestion box posting would become a fruitless bottomless wishing well once visited by those who cared to post away their grandiose delusional ideas to each other (myself including). There have been a gazzillion little indulgent ideas added to this box and its rare I see petitions for 1 very big idea with mass sigs/replys on it enough to surf great buzz. I seriously hope in the end every viable post does count in some way. But, and I hate to say it BUT when every other suggestion is a simple idea of cosmetic change its like asking a colossal trojan horse to tip toe around you. He has other plans for you! Our handy little indulgence twists may not warrant the time and hassle of recoding half the game for it. Imagine the down time invasion on the servers! From their POV why change/remove/ruin what works when you can just add and simplify which is what they've done mostly so far. It may not even be in the studio's best interest to interact (schmooze) directly keeping work heavy hands fiddling with thread ideas on studio comps... See collectively im sure GAME IDEAS IS PART OF THEIR JOB DESCRIPTION ANYWAY. I can imagine if they let us influence too much how that would conflict monetarily with their early board plans for implements to keep their game competing in a picture-perfect online gaming industry. If there was even time to spare most of the easy suggestions we give still wouldnt make it. Some ideas may already influence but to a small degree, if at all. Game devs work around good budgeting plans for groundbreaking ideas that the studio can market for profit. If they have any to spend Im sure thats where the money goes but like you all Ill probably keep on posting and pushing your suggestions anyway.
    Characters;
    CALIBRIA- main- active- *GRINDERS

XERACOTYL- semi-active- *DarkFlare

ASFAULT- active- *DarkFlare

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calibria - Heavens Tear
    Calibria - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Oh yea I do support your Guild bank idea, it makes a lot of sense for factions to share and store equipment for members. This idea goes hand in hand with my Faction Storehouse idea in my KITTYS IN THE BUILDING thread! pls read it!b:thanks

P.S.

Ever wonder why the suggestion box so far down the line on the front page? Third to last in the whole forum?b:shocked
    Characters;
    CALIBRIA- main- active- *GRINDERS

XERACOTYL- semi-active- *DarkFlare

ASFAULT- active- *DarkFlare

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raizen
    raizen Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    A guild bank sounds cool but I doubt they will make it.I think the devs need permission or something from the original root of PW.Cause from what i see many things are just form other PW versions.Idk if guild banks exist on other PW versions so i don't think that the team from PWI will have the heart to make the first one.
  • Nutcayse - Sanctuary
    Nutcayse - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Guild Bank sounds Awesome! Hope it gets implemented so i don't have to travel over half the map to give rough fur or some other mat to Guildy or send it and wait a hour! If we can pool our mats things will be much more interesting and more people will start to join factions. TW is be much more interesting as well!