Archer V Cleric

pr0
pr0 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Whats the deal with clerics, they have 6000+ metal res and Plume shell. The most damage an archer can do is 500. What are you supposed to do to get passed this. Especially if they seal you for 10 seconds+, heal 5 or 6 times before they attack. You have to wait for the seal to go off, surpass the healing, break the plume shell then do damage. But by the time thats all happened your dead
Post edited by pr0 on

Comments

• Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it all depends on what they cast first i guess, usually its sleep so if u can cast the wings of grace u can be immune to that for a good few seconds meanwhile u can stun them then spark and kill or run around to get some distance
  • saenmicheal
    saenmicheal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I guess there trying to give the clerics a head start in this game conserdering there usally the weekest in games
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    clerics aren't weak damage wise, its just that they are squishy, squishier than archers and they have a relatively slow channeling speed unless they are equipped with channeling gears
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes, Clerics can be squishy, but if played right a battle between and Archer and a Cleric is usually determined by who gets in the first hit (and if the Cleric knows what they are doing).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I always thought Veno was the most squishy without their pet unless heavy Veno.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it all depends on which kind of damage you are taking and which armor you are using.

a heavy veno is less squishy than arcane veno when taking physical hits, however, it is the other way round when taking magical hits

to the op
    if the cleric doesn't know what s/he is doing, then archer can win easily, but if the cleric is experienced, then it's more on the lines of who shoots off the first hit
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    An important thing about clerics : their attack range is 26.5m, while an archer's when maxed is 30m.

So you need to do your best to keep max distance from cleric. The only problem i had (curiously), is that some of them complained when they saw me running away to get max range. LOL - yeah like I would stay and take 2-3 shots until I am dead; of course I run as far as possible --> range is what archers are all about (and crit b:sin)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Main thing is, all you got is stunning arrow,

Adv spark - Resist stun

then you got an angry cleric sparked up on a tantrum, whatcha gonna do?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    play dead...
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    be on my knees and beg for mercy...
    edited June 2009

Adv spark - Resist stun

then you got an angry cleric sparked up on a tantrum, whatcha gonna do?[/QUOTE]
    be on my knees and beg for mercy...
    play dead...

lmfao!!!!!
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    An important thing about clerics : their attack range is 26.5m, while an archer's when maxed is 30m.

So you need to do your best to keep max distance from cleric. The only problem i had (curiously), is that some of them complained when they saw me running away to get max range. LOL - yeah like I would stay and take 2-3 shots until I am dead; of course I run as far as possible --> range is what archers are all about (and crit b:sin)
    before ya get to far.. they would hit ya at least once or twice

The only chance an archer has beating them.. is to crit.. the more crits + stunts ya do to them.. mite give ya an edge to win..

b:pleased They cant do much if we stunt them or maybe low aim them n run like u say..

Light armor are a pain in the **** b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    before ya get to far.. they would hit ya at least once or twice

The only chance an archer has beating them.. is to crit.. the more crits + stunts ya do to them.. mite give ya an edge to win..

b:pleased They cant do much if we stunt them or maybe low aim them n run like u say..

Light armor are a pain in the **** b:angry

That is why u use ur metal debuff and metal skills on light armor clerics.....
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    at 9x+ an archer cannot kill a decently built cleric with their shield up(without triple spark) so u have to wait for the shield cooldown and kill them while its in cooldown so basically u have to survive 20 secs and kill them in 10 secs. Some clerics have the 79 skill which makes u do virtually no damage however so u have to wait 50 secs to kill them (shield20secs guardian light 10secs shield20secs). If u cant survive those 20/50 secs u need to kill them before they put up shield so stun+take aim to kill with no heiro tick.

So in general cleric>>archer unless u have high +gear to survive or high +weapon(6 or more) to kill before shield.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
    edited June 2009
    I guess wizards are the only class willing to put up a debate lol
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    archers my level with hh80 gold bow hit 700. assuming they hit. anyways, archers win if they stun before you and crit right. and know to use metal attacks after our barrier is up.

however, seeing as i have both of my 79 skills, i feel as though i'm invincible to all physical class anyways.
  • Hung_Mao - Lost City
    Hung_Mao - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have a high 7x cleric and plume shell is a blessing and a curse. If u can kill stuff quickly like axes BMs ur fine with it. But if ur facing archers and dex BMs, they drain ur mana to Zero in no time.

I dont even use plumeshell anymore. I stack ironhearts 4 to 5 times and then kill, if im struggling, id sleep, elemental debuff and stack heals again. In the end id still have half bar of mp.

But i have an archer too. So wen u see a cleric use plume shell, spam physical attacks at him/her, the mp will soon go to zero if u can survive the sleep. So use ur winged shell wisely.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    use wings of grace before their barrier wears off so they can't sleep you and kite till plume shield is off cd
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have a high 7x cleric and plume shell is a blessing and a curse. If u can kill stuff quickly like axes BMs ur fine with it. But if ur facing archers and dex BMs, they drain ur mana to Zero in no time.

I dont even use plumeshell anymore. I stack ironhearts 4 to 5 times and then kill, if im struggling, id sleep, elemental debuff and stack heals again. In the end id still have half bar of mp.

But i have an archer too. So wen u see a cleric use plume shell, spam physical attacks at him/her, the mp will soon go to zero if u can survive the sleep. So use ur winged shell wisely.

any cleric worth anything would have a charm on, so draining the mana isn't really an option. it all comes down pretty much who gets the jump on who.
  • tezuka
    tezuka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Play with Spark they don't kill within a hit unless the spark so beginning cast wing of grace in a duel so no sleep then spark/ stun arrow then deadly and pew pew dead
  • Hung_Mao - Lost City
    Hung_Mao - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    any cleric worth anything would have a charm on, so draining the mana isn't really an option. it all comes down pretty much who gets the jump on who.

Ah yeah srry. Im noob, i dont pk clerics so i never thought of that hehe. So what i sed only applies to duels and non charm wearing clerics. :P
  • Mvm - Lost City
    Mvm - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    and stay dead.....
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if it isnt a fail cleric (aka if it isnt an LA cleric) then you cant do much rly.. plume + sleep+dual spark+genie amp+wield = bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb:victory

LA = small chance on surviving (wings of grace <-- no point if arcane cuz of the plume = **** p damage and **** m damage cuz of the high metal def..)

didnt i post this already?
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Adv spark - Resist stun

then you got an angry cleric sparked up on a tantrum, whatcha gonna do?

tbh you can't time ur spark everytime

and archers should be able to win 9x when they have high hp and crit
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Edit: archer > robe cleric.. forgot that plume doesnt work for ranged but just melee..
    unless cleric sleeps u b4 u stun..or use grace
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Edit: archer > robe cleric.. forgot that plume doesnt work for ranged but just melee..

plume works for range
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i can kill 7x clerics, because i know how they play and i got alot of experience fighting them. if they are one of the annoying plume shell spammers its really not a big deal cuz its not hard to fly away until it goes away (even if they sleepp you when your excaping you better hope their next skill isnt tempest but if not your good) then turn arounh and kill them. and it also comes down to genie usage to. my strategy is: use extreme poison then wind sheild and if i have a spark i use wings of grace (and this is after the cleric sheild goes away) and bye bye EP b:bye
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited June 2009

Lol, noob. b:thanks

noob
  • meaangirl
    edited June 2009
    by the way, clerics, you do know when you use plume shell archers have metal attacks, right?
  • meaangirl
    edited June 2009
    i can kill 7x clerics, because i know how they play and i got alot of experience fighting them. if they are one of the annoying plume shell spammers its really not a big deal cuz its not hard to fly away until it goes away (even if they sleepp you when your excaping you better hope their next skill isnt tempest but if not your good) then turn arounh and kill them. and it also comes down to genie usage to. my strategy is: use extreme poison then wind sheild and if i have a spark i use wings of grace (and this is after the cleric sheild goes away) and bye bye EP b:bye

you're in redhawk, all you kill is lowbies.