Crafting Thieves

orgronbo
orgronbo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I've been gameing for some years now, and have a good understanding of online gameing.This is the 1st game I've been ripped off for my armor,and materials to make upgrade.I do like the thought of in pvp losses, but don't understand how it is allowable to jake someones belongings by telling them they can make the upgrade.If this was a game where all recourses were in game, and you could'nt buy coin with real money, to speed things up.I could swallow someone stealing,but when I watch 50 dollars of my hard earned money walk, it's b/s.Watch the way you respond please,if I read its all good and I'm **** outta luck.I might have found my new way of making money in game.
Post edited by orgronbo on

Comments

• Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well you havent explained all that well what happened.

But if someone said they could craft something for you and then took your mats and ran well thats pretty low on their part but a cautionary tale for others that you should only get people you know/trust to craft things for you, crafting within your Faction is generally a good idea as people can be held somewhat more accountable.
  • orgronbo
    orgronbo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You hit it on the nail, thats what happened,lessoned learned on my part,and a new line of work I guess.Dont even have to skill up a trade to rip anyone off.
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Rule 1o Dont trust random people in an MMORPG
    What happened to you sucks, be more careful next time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    orgronbo wrote: »
    I might have found my new way of making money in game.

Your the kind of person that makes online games suck for some people. Something crappy happens to you, and you decide to run around doing that exact same crappy thing to other players.

Just learn from your mistake, and find players you can actually trust instead of deciding to run around scamming/ripping other players off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    orgronbo wrote: »
    You hit it on the nail, thats what happened,lessoned learned on my part,and a new line of work I guess.Dont even have to skill up a trade to rip anyone off.

If you've been gaming for some years and got a good understanding of mmo's you really should have known not to trust someone with gears/items.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What all the above said. Get people on your friends list whom are good. Or friends of your close friends that are really honesty (And your friend has a TT weapon made by them also just to verify it). Like once I got my TT mats I was already thinking of stealers. I got mine made by someone that was honest who made TT weapons (friend of a friend or friend of bf lolz :P).
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    gotta say this is extremely rare on HT from what ive seen, not common like it is in many many mmos

you were using someone to upgrade something?hmm? why?
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    fight the disease, man, dont spread it. if someone pulled such an extremely low act, do not repeat it, that only causes it to be done by more and more people. be glad you warned us of a potential scammer out there, and report this guy here. although you most likely wont see your item, he will be punished.
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Level up your own skills and do it yourself.

If it was a stranger that took your **** and ran, well, lol. Why would you trust some random with your items?
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Being ripped off would certainly suck... but what did you give away that cost $50?

I just don't get that part.
  • Fyrah - Sanctuary
    Fyrah - Sanctuary Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have never personally encountered this probably, and hopefully I do not. I bought myself a mold yesterday and had a friend manufacture it for me. Only let people who you really trust manufacture the armor/weapon, etc for you. If you don't have anyone you can depend on, work for the skill require to make it then. Report the guy, and things will be better.
    You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Somehow I think after this thread it might become more common, find yourself a nice guild, make good friends. Also what death said, what the hell costs $50 and needs a crafting level?

Fyrah: Is that join date accurate? if it is, wow.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Somehow I think after this thread it might become more common, find yourself a nice guild, make good friends. Also what death said, what the hell costs $50 and needs a crafting level?

Fyrah: Is that join date accurate? if it is, wow.

The join date only shows the first time that avatar posted on the fourms. The character can be 5 years old but if you just post for the first time today it will show today as your join date.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That explains why my first character says January instead of December then, and February instead of January for this one.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Fyrah - Sanctuary
    Fyrah - Sanctuary Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No, I joined in either Sept or October. (:
    You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what you could do is trade mats for the equip you want made, or have them give you coins during the initial exchange and you give the coins back when they return the crafted item.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty