Trouble with Sharptooth Wolfling quest

dakargrey
dakargrey Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Sorry for a newbie question -- but I've been at this for a long time and I know I must be missing something simple. I visited the pet trainer and picked Collect a Wolfling Quest Certificate (Drops from Sharptooth Wolfling) quest.
I've found teh sharptooth wolfing right outside the south gate, but it just keeps running from me. How am I supposed to defeat it and get it to drop the certificate? Am I supposed to fight it? My cursor stays an arrow and doesn't change to a sword. Please help.
Post edited by dakargrey on

Comments

• The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Um, wow, you don't know how to kill a mob? Uninstall please.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dakargrey wrote: »
    ...Am I supposed to fight it? ....

Yep. Anytime you need something to drop from a mob, you kill it and it may or may not drop. Just keep killing mobs of that type until you get all of what you need.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    99% of the time if you need a monster to give you something it drops from the monster after you fight and kill it.

1% of you are a Veno you might need an <animal's name> egg. In those cases you weaken the monster and attempt to tame it. Success puts that egg in your inventory automatically.
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    Annondae - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In order to fight something, you actually need to double-click it. Just clicking a mob once just targets it. If you hover your cursors over the targeted mob again, the cursor should turn into a sword.

( O.o How did you level to get the quest if you didn't kill stuff? )
  • dakargrey
    dakargrey Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks to almost everyone here for being so helpful! I knew how to fight but didn't realize at the time i had to kill multiples to get the drop. I've become addicted to the game and love it.
    The_Forgotten....do u need to be so sarcastic. It was my first darn day here. Aren't these boards to help people....geeeesh.........