Fist/Claw Advice, Pls help!

Leitner - Dreamweaver
Leitner - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
Hiya! I just started my BM the other day, & picked up a set of dual blades. But after running around I notice there's hardly any fist/claw BMs..

After reading on forums alot of people just slam down the idea of even using that part of the skill tree. But I'm leaning towards becoming one since the majority of BMs use swords or axes, & maybe I just wanna be rare, lol.

So my questions are: What's so bad about using fists/claws? & What're the perks of it? I know some fist/claw users have to exist out there somewhere!b:victory Please help a fellow BM out! <3

-Leitner
Post edited by Leitner - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eirel - Sanctuary
    Eirel - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have no idea why people trash us more then any other. Each path as its pros and cons, and each path obviously has some use to the game, or else the game designers wouldn't have included it.

Most people say we're useless due to the fact that we have low damage compared to everyone else, and our skills are only a hinderance, rather then actually useful like everyone else's skills are.

I'm gonna repeat something that I said in another recent post. What we lack in"damage" is made up with our high crit rate, our DPS, and the fact that we have evasion and accuracy that most other BM paths can only dream of.

Its true we aren't going to win against the charms of other players in PvP, but hey, not every BM PvPs in the first place. Our skills are really only a hindarence, as they slow down our lightening attack speed while casting, however, a few are actually quite useful when needed.

If you want a lot of AOEs, go axes. If you want to make wizards and clerics cry in PvP, go swords/blades. If you want a mix between them, go poles. However, if you want to be the underdog that decimates things before they even know you're there, go fists.

Again, I'm going to repeat myself: we're a force to be reckoned with, not discarded as useless .

Hope that helps. Good luck :)
    Proud member of the "Fist/Claw Cult" :p
  • Leitner - Dreamweaver
    Leitner - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^_^ Just read your post again. I'm definatly gonna be a fist/claw. *joins cult* b:chuckle
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm gonna repeat something that I said in another recent post. What we lack in"damage" is made up with our high crit rate, our DPS, and the fact that we have evasion and accuracy that most other BM paths can only dream of.

You do realize every other weapon has the same critical hit rate, accuracy and evasion that you do, right?

And depending on the weapon a higher DPS.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't know why it won't let me post this image but....if you click you will see that weapon preference ends up being what skills you want to use.....

The chart is weapon only stats. Different builds will have different effects. (specifically str)

weaponstats.jpg
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serenetyze - Lost City
    Serenetyze - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ofc people treat us fist BMs as **** ...u know why?
    cause our weapondesign rockz : p
    im playing a fist BM as well - im not highlevel though
    ive chosen the fists as my weapon cause i always liked fast attacking characters
    and the fists just looked awesome <3
    i only played fists and i will probably not change my weapon type
    i only got really problems to kill PVE mobs in the time between 25 - 30 (its mentioned in some guides i red)

anyways:
    like Eirel said - every class and every classtree got advantages and disadvantage
    let me sum up the advantages and disadvantages of a fist BM

Advantages:
    - high attackrate (1.43)
    - high evasion / accuracy in comparison with other BM classes*
    - higher Crit rate than any other BM class*
    - ability to wear LA (Light Armor)*
    - less skill costs cause only few skills needed
    * depending on how many points u spent in Dex

Disadvantages:
    - low weapon dmg in comparison with other BM classes
    - higher repair costs cause of higher attackrate
    - HA (Heavy Armor) hard to reach if u want high Crit / evasion / accuracy

all in all im pretty sure i wont have any major problems later on in the game
    maybe the problem - how to get in close range in PvP to fist ur enemy

for PvE : pretty cool atm for me
    - i select my target
    - i press "4" (attackbind)
    - i minimize PW (for chatting, surfing, forum trolling)
    - i maximize it after a while
    - my enemy is dead and sometimes i need to activate my heal skill ("Diamond Sutra")
    or the heal skill of my genie ("Tree Of Protection")
    - i almost never use Pots (sometimes if i got more than one opponent on a higher level)
    and due to my gold spirit charm
    NOTE: gold spirit charm is really recommandable
    The chart is weapon only stats. Different builds will have different effects. (specifically str)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...eaponstats.jpg
    LOL XD ... i think u forgot to include critical hits - and this is one important aspect and advantage of the Fist BM
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think that Bm's that study what they are doing, know and see a use for fists. They my not be the preferred "Main" weapon choice for a BM, but most of us can find uses for one or more of the skills in the tree, and the ones who PooPoo that are not being very open minded about it.

My weapon of choice for this build is Poles. I am stating my build to be able to carry Axes/Poles/Swords at the latest level, with a slight dip on fists.

Fist, IMO, are the weapon of choice when squaded and fighting bosses, Especially if your tanking. The DPS can help you keep Aggro, and the spell canceling and speeded attack come in handy.

I do think, that in most cases, A HA fisty is an expensive build, due to the lower Vit and need to Pot or charm more frequently, but still a viable build none the less.

Good luck
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nice charts but have you paid attention to "hidden" bonuses after usage of certain skills? b:question
    As well did you notice that sword user have ~same(that small difference is irrelevant) crit/dodge rate with higher at least x2 damage?
    b:bye
    edited May 2009
    LOL XD ... i think u forgot to include critical hits - and this is one important aspect and advantage of the Fist BM

I left out a lot of stuff yes. Crit % (build dependent dex and gear) actually attack damage (build dependent;strength and gear).

The chart is just a tool to show you damage over time for each weapon. Showing everyone that what really matters when picking a build will be the skills you want to use. The stat allotment you want to go with. As well as your gear and of course your playing style. Those factors will in the end determine your damage output and your capabilities.

The math has been done showing that higher attack power over time does more damage then small boosts in crit%. (i believe it was comparing certain rings) I wish I could find the link. And that if you want to crit it has been suggested before that archer is the class to go.

With that being said. I plan on have my level 90 beserk axes, 99 Axes of the Lore Best(i mean crit%+, str+, and damage+..screams at me for grinding..although the monarch does give 10% more accuracy...i still have time though), (working on a spear, I have a sword, thinking about fists its a lot of TT runs..and they are getting redundant but i am about to max out my most used skills and will be looking for another weapon branch to dip in...and it looks like spear will be the winner) I will take some crit% plus rings ....we shall see. I like to keep my options open. I have the dex to use my level sword...so I am happy with my crit% which is at 7% without equipment.

Anyways...i am getting off topic....

In the end its about having fun.....so Good Luck
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    The chart is unaccurate, it is missing the weapon damage, multipliers, mastery, etc. Which makes the differences higher.
    edited May 2009
    This is a chart based upon just the weapon.

To quote myself -
    The chart is just a tool to show you damage over time for each weapon. Showing everyone that what really matters when picking a build will be the skills you want to use. The stat allotment you want to go with. As well as your gear and of course your playing style. Those factors will in the end determine your damage output and your capabilities.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    This is a chart based upon just the weapon.

Which is pretty much useless.
    edited May 2009
    Not for an intelligent person who would take the time to consider the implications of the weapon path they would be taking, the skills they would be using, and the gear they plan on having.

Knowledge in my experience is only useless to the people who don't know how to apply it or refuse to acknowledge it.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Not for an intelligent person who would take the time to consider the implications of the weapon path they would be taking, the skills they would be using, and the gear they plan on having.

Knowledge in my experience is only useless to the people who don't know how to apply it or refuse to acknowledge it.

It is wrong information that will misled the new players. An intelligent person will know and see that those numbers mean nothing (except the weapon base physical attack).
    edited May 2009
    It is not misleading I have stated exactly what the chart is for. It is the TT 60 weapons dps without any modifiers.

With this chart you can see weapon performance over time. You can see the spike damage with axes. The consistency of fists.

You see that in the end each weapon is close to being equal and that your path is determined by stats and play style ie.The skill path that you will take to give you your edge in PvE or PvP.

Lyn it seems you are are arguing for the sake of arguing.
    An intelligent person will know and see that those numbers mean nothing (except the weapon base physical attack).

Glad you figured it out. Good for you.b:thanks

I guess base physical attack means nothing? And you don't look at that when you pick a weapon right or when you picked a weapon path? You still have a level 1 spear...cause it doesn't matter....b:surrender
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Yep, weapon physical attack, meaning:

Dual Axe: 399-930
    Spear: 407-679
    Blade: 339-629
    Fists: 343-379

Even your base numbers are wrong. Besides those numbers, everything else in the chart is useless and wrong. I guess it is too difficult for you to figure it out.

Keep trying.
    edited May 2009
    Yep, weapon physical attack, meaning:

Dual Axe: 399-930
    Spear: 407-679
    Blade: 339-629
    Fists: 343-379

Even your base numbers are wrong. Besides those numbers, everything else in the chart is useless and wrong. I guess it is too difficult for you to figure it out.

Keep trying.

nope not wrong i added the + stat damage each weapon has. Try again
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    nope not wrong i added the + stat damage each weapon has. Try again

You know those stats are not static, right?

What you did is just get numbers, plus them and just use simple math to get the "performance of each weapon". Which is not real in the game.

P.S. Even then you just argued about one little detail...lol.

EDIT: Anyways I'm done. I can't expect everyone to be good or understand simple things.

You're just too stubborn to admit your numbers are meaningless. Go play the game and learn more so you can use real knowledge.
    edited May 2009
    Hey I'm just trying to help people out. So they can see in fact each weapon performance has been calculated by the devs to come out about the same. The first time i posted this(different thread) i said a more accurate representation would be one taking into consideration all the variables. In fact more of a variable physics equation. I asked for someone to do so. I haven't done physics in quite awhile. So I did an easy algebra comparison chart.

And even with this chart you can see that its skills that give a BM its edge for each weapon.

I have a meeting....but Lyn if you can do a better one please do...i would love to see it....b:kiss

Edit:...your passive aggressiveness is not lost on me. And i don't appreciate your insults. If you've read anything I've posted in this forum you would know I am always willing to learn and grow.

And no I am not too stubborn to admit if I am wrong. I give you thanks that you've pointed out flaws about the chart. I don't mind. I won't post it anymore. But your disregard for base weapon stats is disturbing in and of itself.

Thank you for your time today Lyn.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • renrii
    renrii Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why is anyone even paying attention to this 7X filth? He obviously is handicapped and im amazed he figured out how to log into the forums. His chart looks like something my 3 year old brother would make. His reasoning is on par with what my autistic dog would bark. Someone should just put this sad little thing out of his misery, and put a hot piece of lead through his skull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    renrii wrote: »
    Why is anyone even paying attention to this 7X filth? .

I wonder if mobs or players change after level 7X?

So you know, all mobs still attack/behave the same way regardles the level they are.

Players still have the same skills too.

The difference is that they are just stronger.

So, I dont see why the level is important.b:chuckle
  • verdigo
    verdigo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have just decided to switch over to fist/claw. Though the skill tree has not so many benefits as axes, swords or blades, the volume of damage is astounding when you throw the 1.43 default attack rate in.

Another thing is that the HH claws/fists have some very good special add-ons that enhance the fighting capabilities of the character. The capabilities of those who choose fist/claw are really not too different from other, more common builds.

-Verdigo
  • MEGABYTE - Heavens Tear
    MEGABYTE - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lets get it straight and to the point.. yes i'm mega... yesfists are weak and a very hard class to play in lower lvls.. yes i'm fist.... everyone talks trash about fists cause they are not end-game... end-game fists own all chars...but there is heavey armor fist and pure DD fist.. i'm pure DD fist.. I'm not good at doing anything except making ALL of your bosses last about 5 mins less..and for the record if you got heavey armor its more for killing barbs and other BMs.. if you got light armor/ pure dex its for taking out wizards and archers from PvP... pure dex is very hard to play but really needed in some PvPs,,, hope I helped... lateraid b:laugh
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    _Senrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They're Shadowless kick is a nice lil skill to have when grinding against those mag mobs that poisen or have metal attacks. b:victory
  • harkan
    harkan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi guys,

I have one wr 90 in br server (suported by levelup! games) and i use all types of weapon.
    A good warrior is versatile and in territorial war you can STUN with Roar while generating a good DPS in a WB
    The build need STR for a good axe (mold lvl 70) and dex to fist. Remembering the HP has a good refinement in armor. I have 50 CON and have 7800 hp unbuffed.
    My weapons:
    HH90 golden sword (berserk) +3
    Mold 70 axe (berserk) +5
    HH90 gold lance (8 tatics) +3
    HH80 golden fist (2% crit + dmg + con) +3 [ in lvl 99 i change this for HH99 golden fist]
    And for HH i use one -0.10 atk spd gauntlet.

Sorry for the english, i used google translator to help me =x
  • Altayr - Dreamweaver
    Altayr - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the highest bm in your server is a fist bm, :D
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have seen many violent critisism topics about fist BMs... As for me, i'm an Axe BM and i'm very happy with it. But i couldn't resist to try fist path : i was surprised by the attack rate and the critical rate, which made me lvl a lot faster than when i first tried BM (i went swords before i went axes). As someone said earlier, you attack a mob and it's killed pretty fast. Due to high evasion+heavy armor, you are not so damaged afterward, which makes fist BM a decent class to play and NOT a trash ****ty class as some of you say (particularly Lyndura, from whom i'd appreciate a bit of humbleness concerning this topic : you don't know everything about this game, even less about this path of BM because you don't like it and it's YOUR choice. Your guide is great, you know your subject, but please stop thinking you're the ultimate BM gamer kind of person who knows everything better than others. It's really annoying.)
    Also, i've seen fist BM doing crazy dmg at high lvl and tanking very well. Keep in mind that people are not stupid nor crazy : if there are very high lvl fist BM, it's because they're not so "****ty".
    Anyway, have fun (cuz this is what this game is all about, isn't it ??) !

PS : i'd advise people not to take fist BM as a first BM experience tho. You have to know a bit about other type of BM before you go that path so you enjoy your fists more b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44