Boat System/Sea War System

Himntor - Lost City
Himntor - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I like Perfect World, its a great game, But i see alot of water everywhere and boats everywhere, i like to just sit on the boats and stuff, and i start thinking. what if in Perfect World they did have boats you could get and go on rivers the Sea do battles etc.
That would be cool.
Just for Transportation you could have small boats for the rivers, and Lakes, and Big ones for Sea battles and such stuff. maybe make NPC Battle boats to.

It would help the Ground people (Human Untamed) to get across water easier.
Plus it would be a very fun edition to the game. Just sailing the rivers and Sea for fun. Have Auto-Nav to navigate your ship around while your in it roaming.
you should be able to walk around in your boat but not get out. And if ranged you could shoot magic/Arrows out at monsters or stuff. So think about it people, just think. b:laugh
Post edited by Himntor - Lost City on

Comments

• XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Let me be the first 2 ask what the hell r u talking about its scenary its just supposed 2 make the game look more relistice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Um, everyone can fly at level 30... What purpose would there be for this? There isn't enough water anywhere to even make ridable boats worthwhile.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Um peoples imaginations run too wild sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Himntor - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Yeah thanks on all the support that could have been encouraged. Scenery yes, but its to darn good looking there.
  • Lacrimosa - Harshlands
    Lacrimosa - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Let me be the first 2 ask what the hell r u talking about its scenary its just supposed 2 make the game look more relistice

He just wants some interaction with part of the games environment.

I really like this idea though, despite the use for aviation. Only problem I can think of at the moment is how the map is currently setup. Too many unavailable zones for constant scrolling in oceans and you maybe limited to cruising one side of the map.
  • kalibur
    kalibur Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I like your Idea so much that my imagination run wild....

My imagination saw Vast Ocean(bigger patch just for giant ocean) and every guild can own their own Custom Pirate Ship..With a Custom Flag that i painted from Adobe Shop and putting it too files and copy paste it to PWI profile..

Ohh and we can put Cannons in Ship..Have wizard Nuking other ships and Barb jumping o opponents ship..BM Stunning bad guys. Archers shooting arrows from 1 ship to another..Cleric support..Veno fighting in Air destroying the opponent ship...

Few weeks ago the "Age of Spirits" (Genies) came...Today We bring to you
    The "Age of Pirates"
    after all the oldest ship found by archaeologist is a chinesse ship (real life) a wood(tree) that can only be found in land of China.b:victory
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    First off, I do not like this idea, every race can fly at lvl30 and thats what pushes people to get there. If we had boats people wouldnt have to work as hard to get to lvl30.(not that it is hard)

Second, do you know how long it would take to add this in? Forever.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Himntor - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Ehh not really 'FOREVER.' Forever is a long time...long time indeed...but this idea might take long,,i would say..2~5 maybe 6 months? idk. yes i do agree theres not much space to go on water...sux that the map is so small. you could get from 1 end to the other really fast. Thats the thing with MMO's like this, the map is big so you can't really add much very fast, other then other MMORPG games where its just portals where u go from map to map.

Still it would be a fun add.

Btw Kalibur thats what i've always pictured of a boat war to xD
  • xzpunkzx
    xzpunkzx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A boat system could proboly work in the game.They could make you talk to an npc to go to an ocean map and have a war on the boats or they could add a safe zone ocean map with fishing hopefully more like real fishing than just collecting materials.They could also have competitions with that.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I guess a boat system can work if we have say another continent to travel to, but unaccessible by flying because of thunderstorm or world bosses patrolling the sky. This would make it so hard to get over there that people would have a use for boats.

I don't exactly like the idea of sea wars. Arrows and long range weapons dominate sea warfare making the melee classes completely useless, not to mention that people can just fly turning the whole thing into a air battle.
  • SlayerVgs - Lost City
    SlayerVgs - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    They could always make boat only battles and let people customize the boats like a competition.That may be asking a bit much though.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It might work this way..
      The ships could be built with materials and coinage. There can be different customizable options with cannons, etc.. not too detailed at first of course. When it comes to the PvP, somebody can control the ship to have it sail around, and can stop whenever.. It can turn into an airborn pk fest, true. But the only was to destroy the other ship is by using the features on your own boat. Don't make it a huge money sink to make a basic ship When it comes to everybody in a ship being pked, figure something out for getting it back. Either having the owner of it find it, or get an Npc who can like tow it or something o.0 for a small price. Make it a little bit faster of way to connect two continents, and do allow flying. Keep everything streaming. Do put world bosses, and strong mobs in the sky to make it a little bit more of a challenge. Maybe this can create rides for lower levels to travel, or people without boats for a price/free. Could figure out more things you could associate with this, including events.

This would be a long-term addition, but well worth it.
  • SlayerVgs - Lost City
    SlayerVgs - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thinking bout it they should just make an small closed in armored airship for cash shop just like a flying sword that can haul 5 or 6 factions members and squad members only make it so someone needs another customizable airship to get to them and to make it even it'de only be usable if filled with magic crystals.Add a part for fishing off of too and I'de be so happy lol.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Don't listen to teh haters. Kudos to you, for the creativity b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ehh. with flying and ground mounts
    plus teleporting

boats wouldn't rele serve any purpose
    other than a frivolous way to travel

but.. it might be nice just too have a few boats that just traveled back and forth down rivers across the sea
    not anything you'd have to pay for
    they'd just basically run a circle through the waterways

i'd prolly jump on one and go afk

but really it wouldn't serve much purpose
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like something from Suikoden 4 and 5. They had very nice ship to ship war battles. Skies of Arcadia as well though it was airships.

Sea Territory Wars!

Your army is your ships that you build with coins. They can be various sizes, the larger the ship, the more powerful it is however it also takes more players to run the ship. (a ship, depending on its size, has to have a certain number of players on board for it to function.)

Weapons are things like cannons or torpedos that can do various things like just plain damage, or slowing the enemy ship. You can also have ranged classes on your ship attack from a distance.

So melee classes are not useless, there are 2 ways to beat an enemy ship. 1 is to just destroy it, the other is to board it and kill all its crew (the players on board) then the victor of that small fight takes over both ships.

To run the ship characters have to be assinged stations. Each station would be like, armor, cannons, etc and the power of each would be influenced by the level, gear and class you put there.

I just thought this up in about 2 minutes but it seems like it would be fun with more details.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Himntor - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Don't listen to teh haters. Kudos to you, for the creativity b:laugh
    Thanks b:victory
    It might work this way..
      The ships could be built with materials and coinage. There can be different customizable options with cannons, etc.. not too detailed at first of course. When it comes to the PvP, somebody can control the ship to have it sail around, and can stop whenever.. It can turn into an airborn pk fest, true. But the only was to destroy the other ship is by using the features on your own boat. Don't make it a huge money sink to make a basic ship When it comes to everybody in a ship being pked, figure something out for getting it back. Either having the owner of it find it, or get an Npc who can like tow it or something o.0 for a small price. Make it a little bit faster of way to connect two continents, and do allow flying. Keep everything streaming. Do put world bosses, and strong mobs in the sky to make it a little bit more of a challenge. Maybe this can create rides for lower levels to travel, or people without boats for a price/free. Could figure out more things you could associate with this, including events.

This would be a long-term addition, but well worth it.
    Yes that is how it would most likely work, thanks for the input on that.
    Sounds like something from Suikoden 4 and 5. They had very nice ship to ship war battles. Skies of Arcadia as well though it was airships.

Sea Territory Wars!

Your army is your ships that you build with coins. They can be various sizes, the larger the ship, the more powerful it is however it also takes more players to run the ship. (a ship, depending on its size, has to have a certain number of players on board for it to function.)

Weapons are things like cannons or torpedos that can do various things like just plain damage, or slowing the enemy ship. You can also have ranged classes on your ship attack from a distance.

So melee classes are not useless, there are 2 ways to beat an enemy ship. 1 is to just destroy it, the other is to board it and kill all its crew (the players on board) then the victor of that small fight takes over both ships.

To run the ship characters have to be assinged stations. Each station would be like, armor, cannons, etc and the power of each would be influenced by the level, gear and class you put there.

I just thought this up in about 2 minutes but it seems like it would be fun with more details.

I like the idea of that, the Sea territory Wars. It would be a good idea.

I really do hope that PWI will consider this, it would make a great add.
    AGE OF SEAS; The Expansion of PWI ;D
  • _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver
    _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Too little water =(

Now it wouldnt bne such a bad idea if they add a transport npc ship that sails every 2-5 minutes..
    ... And afterwards, I get a cookie!
  • Himntor - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Too little water =(

Now it wouldnt bne such a bad idea if they add a transport npc ship that sails every 2-5 minutes..

THAT was my First idea. Have just the Npc rides that u can go on and such XP.

Just travel the Rivers ya know? :P
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I like the boat idea.

I think also that perhaps instead of use for transportation (because there is not that much water on the map) but have an npc that teleports you to like a water-battlefield. I'm not asking for something super dificult that would be like creating another game but just an extra mid to end game feature.

Like each guild could have a ship and maybe they could pay to upgrade the ship and then they could sail it around and attack other guilds almost like a TW except on water. Anyways, it would be really cool to have a boating feature in perfect world.

Well, thanks for reading my thoughts :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I like the boat idea as well... Eventually we'll have lot's of water it'd be nice to take a cruise just for the scenery. Ship to Ship battles would be entertaining.
    It could be fun.
  • Grigoryan - Dreamweaver
    Grigoryan - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    And to have it so that it's not free and easy for anyone to ride on them, you should have to pay some XX amount of coins for a ticket for a week. Like 50-150k a week to have a sailing ticket in order to ride a boat....that way, someone could either save up coins to buy a mount, or pay a "shipping" fee across.

It would also be nice if the map was made a bit bigger....i don't know why, but it's just to easy to get from one side of the map to the other....>.<. But i'm not going to push the increase map idea...that is a bit to much.

Thanks,

Tigran G
  • Himntor - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    -Bump a little here bump a little there- Hmm yes if they could add a water zone for boast battles and such maybe NPC boats that could be fun. add a new way to level like, Your capped in level on land right? If u add the boast system and zone stuff like fishey said then you got a whole new leveling to do. So there are 2 different types of SKill in level you can do, Land Level and Sea Level. So yeah hehe