Armor for archer

suparfly
suparfly Posts: 35 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Im lvl 22, and im having trouble to find an armor.
I'm pure dex, and only strength to buy weapons, i am, Vit 3, Mag 3, Stg 23, Dex 101.
And there isnt any good armour for my lvl that requires so low strenght, some require 40, and im not talking the ones for swordsman. What can i do?
please help, thanks!
Post edited by suparfly on

Comments

• Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    first of all, if you are want to go pure dex build, your str will need to be your lvl +4, for you to use gears your lvl

for pre-60 don't worry about your equipments, just use quest rewards, mob drops and cheap armor from the AH. it is really not worth paying attention to them at all as you'll lvl out of the gears way too quickly.

what i did, was use npc equipments in the 20s, then the rank gears when you are 30, then cheap stuff from AH
  • Haven_fear - Heavens Tear
    Haven_fear - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    first of all, if you are want to go pure dex build, your str will need to be your lvl +4, for you to use gears your lvl

for pre-60 don't worry about your equipments, just use quest rewards, mob drops and cheap armor from the AH. it is really not worth paying attention to them at all as you'll lvl out of the gears way too quickly.

what i did, was use npc equipments in the 20s, then the rank gears when you are 30, then cheap stuff from AH

She is right. i was lucky enough to have a friend give me legendary armour for the 40s and some of the 50s. Although legendary armour is expensive so you're better off just getting cheap ah as far as im concerned
  • suparfly
    edited June 2009
    Auction house ? what do you mean? If i buy an armor in an auction there are no requesites to use it?
    And if money isnt the problem what is the legendary armour and how can i get it ?
    edited June 2009
    suparfly wrote: »
    Auction house ? what do you mean? If i buy an armor in an auction there are no requesites to use it?
    And if money isnt the problem what is the legendary armour and how can i get it ?

Auction house can be found in any major city. The armours there generally have a boost to it. The same requirements to wear though unless one of the boosts is that you dont have to have as high skills. For the legendary armour you get get 32 light armour legs for around 300k and 42 chest for around 500k
  • suparfly
    edited June 2009
    Auction house can be found in any major city. The armours there generally have a boost to it. The same requirements to wear though unless one of the boosts is that you dont have to have as high skills. For the legendary armour you get get 32 light armour legs for around 300k and 42 chest for around 500k

32 armour lefs? 42 chest ? what does that mean ?

thanks for helping me :)
  • suparfly
    edited June 2009
    bump.
    please help, read post above :)
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you need your lvl +4 str

at lvl 22 you should have 26 str (22+4)

32 chest and 42 chest just mean the shirt (armor) you get to wear at lvl 32 and 42
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • suparfly
    edited June 2009
    you need your lvl +4 str

at lvl 22 you should have 26 str (22+4)

32 chest and 42 chest just mean the shirt (armor) you get to wear at lvl 32 and 42

Why should i had strg my lvl + 4? the equipment requires more, and the bows of my lvl dont require even 23.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    no it doesnt unless you are trying to use Heavy Armor which you most certainly should not be doing.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    suparfly wrote: »
    Why should i had strg my lvl + 4? the equipment requires more, and the bows of my lvl dont require even 23.

because the LIGHT ARMOR of the appropriate level requires 4 more str than the level requirement. so level 10 Light armor chest would be 10+4 =14 STR req.

level 76 Light boots would be 76+4 = 80 STR req.

get the point?
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i think you might be trying to wear armor that's too high for you

maybe you're 22 trying to equip lvl 30 armor

Edit: the real lvl is above the requested str, the first lvl doesn't count

For example

*Some armor's name
    Lv. 6
    phys res +XXX
    magic res +XXX
    endurance 60/60 (idk real endurance)
    Requisitive Lv. 42
    Req str xx
    Req dex xx

the red part is what lvl you have to be to wear it

the red part is the lvl but not lvl to wear it
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • suparfly
    edited June 2009
    because the LIGHT ARMOR of the appropriate level requires 4 more str than the level requirement. so level 10 Light armor chest would be 10+4 =14 STR req.

level 76 Light boots would be 76+4 = 80 STR req.

get the point?

LOL? dude, my stg is now at 23, my atributes are, vit 3, mag 3, strg 23, and dex 126.
    I will never have strg at 100 lol, thats a blademaster almost.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If your not going to listen then go away.

If you wish to equip the appropriate armor for your level you MUST have 4 strength MORE than your LEVEL.

So if your level 22 you MUST have 26 strength, if your not going to put in enough strength to meet the requirements and ignore what everyone is telling you then **** off.

so at level 96 you SHOULD have 100 strength so assuming you play to at least level 96 you will have (or SHOULD have) 100 strength.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh, at first, read this all again please. Cos its so Cristal clear you didnt.

And yeah, for PvE you can use rank 1 armors till lvl60. No problems if you dont take on too many mobs at once and if you watch your agro in fb runs.
    I kill things b:victory
    edited June 2009
    If your not going to listen then go away.

If you wish to equip the appropriate armor for your level you MUST have 4 strength MORE than your LEVEL.

So if your level 22 you MUST have 26 strength, if your not going to put in enough strength to meet the requirements and ignore what everyone is telling you then **** off.

so at level 96 you SHOULD have 100 strength so assuming you play to at least level 96 you will have (or SHOULD have) 100 strength.

if he isnt going to listen maybe he should use robes b:chuckle
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Your first good set of armor should be the LVL 30 Rank gear. After that, if you can afford it or find it cheap, lvl 42 Armor of Barbarian Shaman will last you till you're 60. Then 3* lvl 60 armor until HH70.

Of course you don't really need any of it, but better armor does make the impacts of hits a bit softer, meaning less pots, less charm ticks, or whatever.

Under lvl 30 your only concern should be to do your quests and use whatever drops or is in AH for cheap. UNLESS you plan on crafting, then you can make your own armor and weapons. I'm perfectly happy with any 2* gear that I make.

I plan on trying for leaderboard soon, so every little advantage, +stat or +hp that I can get will benefit me in the short term, so I don't really care.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Your first good set of armor should be the LVL 30 Rank gear. After that, if you can afford it or find it cheap, lvl 42 Armor of Barbarian Shaman will last you till you're 60. Then 3* lvl 60 armor until HH70.

Of course you don't really need any of it, but better armor does make the impacts of hits a bit softer, meaning less pots, less charm ticks, or whatever.

Under lvl 30 your only concern should be to do your quests and use whatever drops or is in AH for cheap. UNLESS you plan on crafting, then you can make your own armor and weapons. I'm perfectly happy with any 2* gear that I make.

I plan on trying for leaderboard soon, so every little advantage, +stat or +hp that I can get will benefit me in the short term, so I don't really care.

b:victoryb:cool
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:victoryb:cool

b:laughb:victory
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:laughb:victory

this guy's pro ppl, take his advice.b:bye