Options
2»

Comments

• Fyrah - Sanctuary
    Fyrah - Sanctuary Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I want soul hunter. o-o
    You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I want soul hunter. o-o

In that case, Harpy Wraith pet plz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Fyrah - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In that case, Harpy Wraith pet plz.

There's a lot of neat world bosses. D:
    You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I just want one of the chickens you see around town....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Fyrah - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think I've seen you say that before. That'd be odd though, a chicken with bash. o-o
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    Send it against a weaker boss, like quillhog king. Herc can solo at 63, rocks die after 1 hit at 63.

The big difference is that herc gets pdef and mdef buffs, as well as damage reflect. Without these, any other pet is substandard at tanking. With these, almost any tanking pet (rocks, shadou, qingfu, armor bear) could be comparable to herc. Unfortunately, these only come from boxes which are near some nasty underwater bosses in Dragon Temple, so unless you're in a high level, PvP oriented faction, you're SoL.

Don't get me wrong, the herc absolutely destroys a golem, but you're understating the herc. At 67 with a level 65 golem (got my herc at 64 so stopped leveling the golem) I was able to solo quillhog king. Granted, I had good gear (I think) with 18% channeling, and a golem with level 4 bash/sandblow/tough/threaten, but I was still able to pull it off. Of course, in the same situation with the herc, I instead took out kong.

Anyways, golems are great and are far from useless, herc's are just amazing and that's largely due to the combination of the buffs (which other pets can get) and additional hp (which other pets can't get).
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol my 38 herc took on quillhog when i was 72
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think I've seen you say that before. That'd be odd though, a chicken with bash. o-o

Ask Zoe that char has a chicken with bash. b:bye
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol zoe is dumb and thinks flesh ream is cheating, and no player should use it. she also thinks kiting, healing, running, using charms, stuns, etc (basically doing anything that prevents your opponent from winning) is for noobs. apparently you should sit there and let a BM belt his AOEs on you.
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I wanna tame Pumot. D: Or Spotted Felis.

I've tried and tried and tried to get spotted felis tamable on pwi (like it is on other versions!!!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Umm... my wilderness lynx killed it. Try showing a rock dude in a TT battle...
    Pumot is like Vulpixia (Or how you spell it), Terrorclaw, Gomba (That huge frog), etc. >.>
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Jaydena - Dreamweaver
    Jaydena - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:sad Hi i know the point was to prove ppl wrong about golems, but during the
    whole battle did u not use ur genie at all, apart from the fact genies are just little sp and exp sucking fairys at that level, u couldve just used it once maybe ? b:surrender
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:sad Hi i know the point was to prove ppl wrong about golems, but during the
    whole battle did u not use ur genie at all, apart from the fact genies are just little sp and exp sucking fairys at that level, u couldve just used it once maybe ? b:surrender

Surprisingly yes I did use my genie. The skill courage helped alot I used it when I was using soul transfusion with the HP/MP skills and after I activated Courage which sped up my casting time to heal my Golem.