Barb Glitch? poll

Options

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thats really rude thing to say! i suppose you tank all your own FBs, bosses, and have never needed a barb's help since you began playing? or are you one who owns one of the horde of 'gold invaders' who are taking over the barbs' jobs as tank? we all need barbs and their help in the game!
    boo4u wrote: »
    whocares..the barbs usually stay in one place their whole gaming life anyways..in front of a boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • MarrokBran - Heavens Tear
    MarrokBran - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    title changed to prevent confusion, as you have no actual information to back your claims. Also, please post suggestions in the correct forum if you would like them to be considered. As I am pretty sure this has already been mentioned in the past, let me assure you that no amount of reposts will make this happen any faster.

Wow did this post get hijacked.....I am NOT trying to double post or repost or suggest anything to get GM's, Dev's or anyone else to get problem fixed. I am communicating thro private e-mails with PWI staff. If one reads and understands the context of my post and replies, you would understand that I am simply curious as to how others are coping with this bug. I do not expect or want people to boycot this game. It is (was) a great game that I enjoyed very much. If you have read my post and replies you would see that I am niether crying or asking for any resolution of this bug. It would be very ineffectual to try to reach the Dev's by using this forum as they are too busy repsonding to tickets and the e-mails they recieve back from their replies.
    Nor did I even ask anyone if they had the same problem on other ( subscription) games. I dont care if any other games had the problem as we are talking about PW and any other game talk is against TOS.
    With that said....again....I am just wondering how others are dealing with this problem for my own information, not for PWI's. I have no intrest in trying to hurry or "force" the Dev' into "making" them fix a bug. Anyone who thinks I am trying to do this...read all my posts and go look into a mirror, I have someone I want you to meet....b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mercyt's Husband ☺friendly☻ helpful ♥ non-warring faction
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Running in place? That's a new one. Never seen it before. I've been squaded with many Barbs and was never around to see it happen, and I am on everyday. It must be the kind of glitch Venos have sometimes with the Hercs not being able to keep aggro (meaning it dosen't happen often) If the glitch is bothersome try playing a different character.

The question is how is this glitch losing PW players from buying things in the cash shop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIGZBUIWR4

glitch forces you to log off and back on to do anything else
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thank you Jingle for the link. That is exactly what I am talking about, I also experience a 10 sec delay when trying to use any skills while this is happening. Do you know any venos that would be happy luring a mob in TT or FB for a Barb then have a 10 sec delay before the Barb takes agro ? It makes them rather.....unhappy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wilsmit - Heavens Tear
    Wilsmit - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have seen that running in place, and yes its very annoying since my barb and others look slow at running normally , well to me anyway, but i have seen it happen on other classes , and mounted classes gathering while on their mounts.
    i assuming u sent a ticket asking or mentioning it and havent heard back yet or still waiting to hear, but yes i would like to see it fixed,

[off topic - wow u ppl have some of the best siggies ive seen] b:victory
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes Wilsmit...I have sent ticket in and they are working on it the best they can. Hopefully it will be fixed soon....or not (shrugs). Many others have reported this bug also...I was just wondering how it has affected their play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    whocares..the barbs usually stay in one place their whole gaming life anyways..in front of a boss.

Lol you'll care when you get wiped, because the barb glitched and couldn't fleshream to keep aggro of the boss. The staying in one place bit isnt so bad yes. The being unable to use attack skills bit is very very bad.

So in short start caring b:laugh.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This link has more info on the bug for those that don't know about it.
    It only started after the expansion where the genies were released.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285891
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I just talked to a barb friend about this. He says its directly linked to the genies. He hasn't had his out in 2 days and the bugging stopped for him.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i hope the ticket gets someones attention PDQ...that sounds like its worse than most. my son has that happen from time to time, as do i, but neither of us has it to that degree. could it be possibly a problem with your ISP?
    Thank you Jingle for the link. That is exactly what I am talking about, I also experience a 10 sec delay when trying to use any skills while this is happening. Do you know any venos that would be happy luring a mob in TT or FB for a Barb then have a 10 sec delay before the Barb takes agro ? It makes them rather.....unhappy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i hope the ticket gets someones attention PDQ...that sounds like its worse than most. my son has that happen from time to time, as do i, but neither of us has it to that degree. could it be possibly a problem with your ISP?

Sounds like the glitch I got when I sent my pet to aggro a mob in FB19 while meditating...

Couldn't cast anything, couldn't log off, couldn't teleport out, and couldn't run out of the instance. Had to force quit the process, and came back to an elite wolfkin beating on my venomancer with half of her previously unused charm gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well i was squading with a veno the other day and when she changed boutique clothes and turned form fox to humanoid thats when it hapened.. 3 times...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorddeerskin - Heavens Tear
    Lorddeerskin - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I haven't had any problems at all with the glitch at all. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Son of the Fox, and The GM of the Midwest.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the running in place glitch? seems not to really be a game breaking issue, I've played subscription games with running in place glitches before. Our devs are already aware of the issue so they may attempt to resolve it in future patches.

It is a sorry sight when a forum mod tells the game players that the devs MAY attempt to resolve a bug. Hum....I bet they are working on it, they have e-mailed me and TOLD me they are working on it, guess I will believe the dev's.

This was never an attempt to get PW to look into the problem Fox. I have recieved and sent numerous e-mail to the tech's at PW and they ARE trying to get it fixed. Unfortunately it is hard for them to reproduce the problem and they are asking those of us that experiance the bug to make a video of it happening, meaning up to and as it happens, not just it's after effects. I assure you it is not on our end, we had our IP come to our house, installed a new DSL Modem and they also did something in their equipment to try to make sure the ping was as low as possible. Hopefully we get some usefull vidio's sent to PW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It is a sorry sight when a forum mod tells the game players that the devs MAY attempt to resolve a bug. Hum....I bet they are working on it, they have e-mailed me and TOLD me they are working on it, guess I will believe the dev's.

You talk to the devs in China? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You talk to the devs in China? b:puzzled

Yes...didn't you know you could ? b:shocked Of course I didn't talk to them. Eat with spoons said OUR devs b:chuckle...But seriously...we just sent e-mails back and forth , no phone calls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I hate this stupid bug, it renders barbs practically useless in any instance b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear
    Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the glitch is a bit annoying but it happens rarely and only in FBs and TTs so i dont mind it so much i just relog and get back to hitting stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I just talked to a barb friend about this. He says its directly linked to the genies. He hasn't had his out in 2 days and the bugging stopped for him.

I just started experimenting gameplay without a genie, haven't had the bug yet. Perhaps it only occurs when you have one equipped.

I <3 my genies, so I hope they fix the bug...
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    My only point about this thread.

To OP. Even if your not playing your barb. You are still playing PW, and most likely, spending the money you would have spent on your barb on this other toon. So in actuality..........

Anyways I play my spell card "Swords of Revealing Light." b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Honestly my husband has this exact same issue but only with his blademaster. I think it is attributed to his macro skills. As last night I had him try an FB without using macros and it seemed to be ok. The glitch was really happening for him in FBs mostly but other places too. I do not think it is character related. I think it is mostly related to the macros. Wonderful as they are, they cause glitches.

As per the genies. I have a 4 gig ram and I never had lagging problems or any other problems til the patch with the genies. Now I constantly have issues. I think the genies were a good thing, well anticipated but also caused a lot of issues.

I would also like to note that the glitch with the macros didn't start appearing til after that patch as well. Maybe devs can go back and see where it went wrong?

By looking at the ongoing poll, it would seem that quite a few ppl are actually stopping spending money due to the glitch. But I also agree it doesn't count if you are spending it on another toon. Then ur not really making a dent in what u want the game owners to see. BTW.. quit blaming the devs and gms for issues they have no control over. The OWNER of PWI has to pay the devs to do their job. If they see no need to fix it why would the devs do it? Especially if that isn't what they are being paid for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OldProphet - Sanctuary
    OldProphet - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have a 74 BM and 60 Barb and have never froze like that. Maybe I'm just lucky... b:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If I boycott PWI because this glitch, PWI would lose $800 per month. They may not consider that to be much. b:surrender
    yeah thats probably snack money to them to be honest, considering how many nations this game spans and the diff standard of living in each.

but back to the topic,
    My own alt barb does not glitch at all.
    My cousins barbs does.
    We both have genies out.
    We both dont use multiple skill macros (we click them manual)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In that case, its probably his/her internet service provider. That does have a little to do with it. I would say anyone with less than a 1 meg connection probably has that issue frequently. I'm running on 3-5 megs. Of course that is split between my husband and I so with me being the "main" on the network it is possible his glitch is due to isp as well. As I'm sure I suck most of the broadband and he gets whats left over. There is much speculation but I have heard more than one say with the macros its an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes everyone has that glitch and it remedies itself in like 30 seconds
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Unconquered - Lost City
    Unconquered - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm glad other people are aware of this glitch, only barbs get it and it tends to happen in PVE.

I always thought it happened when I tried to pounce and use my genie at the same time, but i stopped doing that and it still happens. I had to relog like 5 times last night during an FB, it makes every skill lag by about 5 seconds and pulling aggro off a veno lurer is almost impossible.

The skills lag way too much, I can't even kill my own party after Twilight Temple anymore, my skills never work all I do is run in place completely bugged.

**** this.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The barb-glitch is not macro related as I don't use macros. I have some set up, but rarely use. I'll try deleting them to see if that affects it.

Barbs will still get this glitch when not using any skills at all.
    Yes everyone has that glitch and it remedies itself in like 30 seconds
    What you are referring to is not the barb-glitch as you cannot get rid of it unless you teleport or relog. Sometimes you cannot even relog and have to manually close the Element Client to exit PW.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well I stand corrected then. Hopefully it gets fixed for you guys soon
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just to clarify (sorry if it's been said, I didn't read through the board) is this the glitch where the screen freezes while you're running, but the running sound continues? Cause that happens to me a lot in West Arch, I always thought it was lag.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In that case, its probably his/her internet service provider. That does have a little to do with it. I would say anyone with less than a 1 meg connection probably has that issue frequently. I'm running on 3-5 megs. Of course that is split between my husband and I so with me being the "main" on the network it is possible his glitch is due to isp as well. As I'm sure I suck most of the broadband and he gets whats left over. There is much speculation but I have heard more than one say with the macros its an issue.
    Funny thing is she came to my house to use my PC. My barb did not glitch on my PC. When she tried her barb, it glitched =O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan