My crystal magmite

Xelea - Heavens Tear
Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
ya.. i got a little question, i have a crystal magmite and he is awsome for the physical monster at the lvl im at, but i wasnted to know at 60+ when all the mobs start using magic/physical attacks will the golem still be a good choice to keep? How does he fair taking melee hits on top of magic hits? I dont wanna have to get rid of him but if hes gonna get **** at lvl 60+ i dont want that, so is he woth keeping or shuld i find a pet that is better for when i get 60+? also the name and location of the pet wuld be nice to know too. b:victory
Post edited by Xelea - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    He should be just fine.

If you're really concerned, get "Tough" for him to reduce damage taken, or "Shriek" to cancel casting. Both will combat magic well.

If you want to explore different pets, I'd recommend checking out the a shaodu cub, or perhaps a frog. I don't know the pdef of the frog, but it has nice mdef. I've only played with the bear.

However the bear and frog both have MUCH lower damage than you're used to dealing with with your golem, and you'll have to adjust your play style accordingly.

I'd say just stick with what you got. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Ty b:pleased
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Antelup pup has one of the highest MDEF in game and is one of the top damage dealers as well. If you looking into a magic tank that can dish out some serious hurt :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    I just want a monster thats decent at taking hits that all... so the my golem seems fine.
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    crystalline magmite is the best allround pet...good for tanking and dd.
    dont forget to upgrade bash.. or you will get agro... :)
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I never bothered with a magic tank. Magmite does fine against normal mobs that cast magic.
    Only thing I would consider having a magic pet for is if I was continually running fb's and there are some bosses which only cast magic. Unless you're at least level 40 and have access to cube of fate room 4, then I wouldnt bother with that as its too much trouble levelling a magic pet. Tell them to find a mage to tank it if its a problem.
    Better still, save up some coins and buy a herc. Easily the best magic tank (as well as physical tank). Learn how to catshop and you will find its not such a huge amount of money afterall.